Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Design/Cost Workshop » Pricing help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pricing help?
Larry Budnick
Visitor
Member # 8933

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Larry Budnick   Email Larry Budnick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I know this isn't the best of lay outs. But, it's what they have on all their other trucks and they want them all the same. It's Oracal 951 Black and then SignGold Extra Large Engine Turned Gold, on top. But my question is; what would you charge for this job? It has the fire department name on both doors and the truck number, "705" on all four corners. Thanks for any ideas. [IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
AML Graphics
Rogers City, MI.

Posts: 99 | From: Rogers City, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First thing Larry is you will get more responses if you posted this on the bull board. This design cost workshop area is more for showing how you designed a sign and the costs involved. This area isn't used very much in all honesty. I'll give you my answer here, but for more imput I would repost this on the bulletin board.

First off, the black vinyl outline (including the numbers) is very similar to a standard simple one color vinyl job we would do on any truck for about $135 installed. Since it is being put on the customers vehicle, I would charge $60 install, (no tax) and $75 for the lettering, (taxable). But for a Fire Dept. most likely the whole job would be tax exempt.

Now for the SignGold. You didn't give sizes so I assumed that the top row of letters is about 42 inches long with 3 inch letters, the second row about 24 inches long, 3 inch letters, and 4 inch numbers ending up about 6 inches. (By the way, we often jam the SignGold letters very close together for cutting to save material and put the letters on one at a time using clear transfer tape. You have to weigh the extra time it takes to put one letter on at a time though compared to wasting a lot of SignGold.)

So I come up with $20.16 in gold for the top line, $11.52 for the second line, double that for 2 sides and $15.36 for the four numbers for a total of $78.72 for the gold. That is with a 100% markup on material including transfer tape.

I would figure about a half hour to cut weed mask the gold for $30.00 (our shop rate is $60 an hour.) and an hour to install for another $60.00.

$130.00 black vinyl installed
$78.72 gold
$30.00 cut weed mask
$60.00 install gold
$298.72 sub total
$74.50 profit at 25%
$373.22 Grand total

If you decide to edge seal the gold, (necessary for SignGold to honor the warranty) I would add another $60 to seal the edges with a Seal It pen.

Good luck.

Edited to correct math. [Bash] [Bash]

[ June 01, 2010, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!