Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Design/Cost Workshop » Truck lettering pricing help.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Truck lettering pricing help.
Larry Budnick
Visitor
Member # 8933

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Larry Budnick   Email Larry Budnick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a small company come to me to do some lettering on a Ford F-250 SuperCab. A while ago he had someone else make up, for the doors "Northern Excavation" with the phone number. And he wants me to install what he has, plus add a bulldozer between the name, which is arched, and the phone number on one side and an excavator on the other side. Then he wants the name and number on the tailgate with both the bulldozer and excavator. The lettering is a silver grey metallic and the equipment clipart will be yellow. I'm just not sure what to charge him being that he already has the door lettering and then he wants the tailgate. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

--------------------
AML Graphics
Rogers City, MI.

Posts: 99 | From: Rogers City, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Sartoris
Visitor
Member # 3466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Sartoris   Email Chuck Sartoris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He already got the other suff from someone else. Probably blew the install on the tailgate. Charge him $450.00 for the job. If he walks ,let someone else have him.

--------------------
CHUCK SARTORIS
THE SIGN SHOPPE/Sign*A*Rama Greensburg,PA

Posts: 14 | From: LATROBE, PA 15650 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Shirk
Visitor
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Shirk   Email Dave Shirk       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Chuck,
That's what I'd charge this bozo too.
(Sorry, maybe he's a good guy)

--------------------
Dave Shirk
Fitting Finishes Signs & Embroidery
78 Apache Trail
South Fork, CO 81154

Posts: 16 | From: South Fork, Colorado, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The tailgate is going to amount to one truck door. The time and trouble messing with the bulldozer and excavator, getting them to fit the existing layout, is gonna come close to another door. You've got to install his existing lettering. Charge him what you would to do a set of doors.

It's real easy to get ****ed or insulted by work like this but it's work. Who knows where this small company will be in five years.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry Budnick
Visitor
Member # 8933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry Budnick   Email Larry Budnick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I decided to do, George. I took his lettering and put the dozer and excavator on the doors. And I'm charging him as if it were a two door job. Thanks for the replies guys. This is what I've done on the doors, nothing special, but he loves it.[IMG]  - [/IMG] [IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ April 08, 2008, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Larry Budnick ]

--------------------
AML Graphics
Rogers City, MI.

Posts: 99 | From: Rogers City, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!