Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Design/Cost Workshop » Backlite Questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Backlite Questions
John Martin Robson
Visitor
Member # 1686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Martin Robson   Email John Martin Robson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here’s the job……..remove graphics from painted lexan panels 10’ x 8’ and apply new graphics.
After removing paint and vinyl I’m left with clear lexan…….do I use the same process as the original signs which is lay the graphics to the second surface and paint over………or should I use the move conventional method……….lay the graphics, then apply diffuser film……..if so, what about those splice lines.
I could really do with some advice here.

------------------

Posts: 261 | From: Yellowknife, NT, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nevman
Resident

Member # 332

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Nevman   Email Nevman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi John,

I like to put the vinyl on the first surface of the sign after spraying the second surface. It makes it easier to change the sign in a few years down the road.

I generally won't take the time to remove paint from old signs. The time involved as well as the chemicals are too much. I always try to sell a new face for this type of project so that I have time to work on MAKING signs.

As for the seams in the vinyl when you tile it, usually a quarter inch overlap won't show all that much once the sign is up. They may be more evident at night when the sign's lit, but usually the client has gone home before sunset and never realize the seams. If they do 'quack' a little over the seams, I tell them that they are better than white spots that would show from the vinyl shrinking over the years.

BTW...you might get a better responce posting this type of subject on the Letterhead and Pinhead thread page.

Good luck!

------------------
Pat Neve, Jr.
Sign Man, Inc.
4580 N. US 1
Melbourne, FL 32935
321-259-1703
signman@signmaninc.com
Capt. Sign
Letterville Constituent
constituent: "One of the individual entities contributing to a whole"

Posts: 2284 | From: Melbourne, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!