Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » First airbrush job

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First airbrush job
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished my first job using the airbrush for something other than simple blends. It ain't in the same class with the artistic airbrushing work that many folks have posted here but I had fun figuring out where to put the highlights etc. The job is all vinyl and the painting was done with automotive BaseCoat/Clesarcoat.

Sorry about the quality of the photo. The store said that light was getting into the camera somehow. Oh well, guess it's time top buy a new camera.

------------------
Dave Grundy #340
AKA applicator on mIRC
"stickin' sticky stuff to valuable vessels and vehicles!"
in Granton, Ontario, Canada

dave.grundy@odyssey.on.ca

[This message has been edited by Dave Grundy (edited March 03, 1999).]

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Darnell
Visitor
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Darnell   Email Bob Darnell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Job Dave! I wish my first attempt with an airbrush looked so good.

------------------
Bob Darnell
London, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 595 | From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Darryl Gomes
Visitor
Member # 98

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darryl Gomes   Email Darryl Gomes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job Dave!! That looks really sharp!

------------------
Darryl Gomes...aka Lakeside
Kincardine Ontario Canada
www.primeline.net/lakeside

Posts: 296 | From: Underwood Ontario Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Dwayne Hunter
Visitor
Member # 133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dwayne Hunter   Author's Homepage   Email Dwayne Hunter       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good, man!!! What kinda airbrush ya got?? The beveled edge looked real good...you got the highlightin' part DEAD ON RIGHT!!!

------------------

Posts: 215 | From: Rural Hall, NC | Registered: Jan 1999  | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys...and Dwayne, I bought an Iwata Eclipse back in November. Up till now I have just been using it for simple color blends/fades. Lookin forward to more experimentation.

------------------
Dave Grundy #340
AKA applicator on mIRC

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich Stebbing
Visitor
Member # 368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Stebbing   Email Rich Stebbing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lookin' good Dave. I have to chuckle when I think back to my first airbrush job. It was only one word, five letters long, but I kinda struggled with all that "sputtering". When I was finished it looked good, but as I went to clean up I discovered I had forgot to remove the cap that goes over tip. well needless to say my next job looked even smoother !

------------------
Rich Stebbing #945
RichSigns
Rohnert Park CA

Posts: 755 | From: Rohnert Park, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Barba
Visitor
Member # 431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Barba   Email Steve Barba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats really nice work for your 1st!

No need for critisizm at all!

Keep it up!

------------------
Steve Barba is owner/operator of Thunderbolt Signs & Graphics
Rapid City South Dakota
605-923-2265

Posts: 768 | From: Sturgis South Dakota | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, you've done a real nice job there!
You are gonna add alot to your jobs with that thing!

I wouldn't mind seeing a step by step on that!

Nettie

------------------
jbalogh@earthlink.net

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Michel Thibodeau
Visitor
Member # 310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michel Thibodeau   Email Michel Thibodeau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dave

Nice work

That give`s me a ideal to make my lettering for my Truck

------------------

Posts: 55 | From: USA Maine | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Thanks Nettie!..coming from you I am flattered!..As soon as I get a new camera I will be doing a "step by step" for those who choose vinyl as a medium for sign stuff. I didn't this time because I wasn't sure it would turn out OK.

------------------
Dave Grundy #340
AKA applicator on mIRC

Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks great! Just be sure not to undercharge for your work. Now that you see how easy it can be, there is always the problem of not charging what the job is worth (i.e.-perceived value). A good looking job like that deserves a premium price.

------------------
:) Design is Everything! :)
Glenn Taylor
in beautiful North Carolina
http://members.tripod.com/~Walldogg
walldog@cocentral.com

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!