Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Wedding Cakes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wedding Cakes
Steve Barba
Visitor
Member # 431

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Steve Barba   Email Steve Barba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife, Kristy, is the cake decorator at the grocery store here. The cake in the foreground is over 5' and the castle on the top was made with a scroll saw and a belt sander. The cake in the background has a waterfall that starts at the the top and cascades down over the layers.

Heres a detail of the waterfall one.

--------------------
"B0LT" on the chat room thing.

steven.barba@yellowjackets.bhsu.edu
605-720-7669

Posts: 768 | From: Sturgis South Dakota | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda Seymour
Visitor
Member # 1904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda Seymour   Email Linda Seymour   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Steve,
that castle is wonderful! Would've taken quite a few hours to put that one together.Kristy is very talented.

--------------------
Linda Seymour
Bundaberg, Q.L.D Australia

"DARE!"
Signage of Distinction
Bundaberg
freeloner2001@dingoblue.net.au

Posts: 94 | From: Q.L.D Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Davie
Visitor
Member # 2172

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jason Davie   Email Jason Davie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow !! Thats some cake, I wish I had a piece right now.. I'm hungry just by looking at it..

--------------------
Jason Davie
193 Front Street
Deposit, NY 13754

Posts: 976 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R T Thomas
Resident

Member # 355

Icon 7 posted      Profile for R T Thomas   Email R T Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool cakes Bolt!!
I'll remember who to call when and if I ever need one!! hahahaha yeah right!! Not a chance! But they are cool. Tell your wife that we all need samples sent right away!!
See ya,
R.T.

--------------------
R.T.Thomas,AirDesigns/Sign And Airbrush Studio
rtart1@earthlink.net

Hattiesburg,MS 39401
Shop 601-584-1000
Cell 601-310-5901
Proud supporter of LETTERVILLE!

"Ahhhhhh.......Juicy Fruit."

Posts: 547 | From: Hattiesburg,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah huh. You've been telling us that you're the one that does the planes and awesome work we see here. I think she's really the one with the talent and you just claim it's your work.
(Please don't anyone take that the wrong way, Steve knows it was in jest)
Seriously, that is great detail work.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kristy,

Those are some beautiful cakes! Does it break your heart knowing all that hard work is just gonna get cut up and eaten, or smashed into newly-wed's faces? Or do ya just look forward to the next one you get to do?

Almost makes me wish I had wedding plans in the works so I could get one!... operative word: "almost". (I dont plan on marriage for a good long time)

Definitely beautiful work!

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gavin Chachere
Visitor
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavin Chachere   Email Gavin Chachere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what every one is thinking when they saw my name pop up under this one...no,i don'y have current wedding plans...just really nice work,haven't seen cakes here before it's nice to see something different..just one question...Don't they smell after you leave em out there for a while,esp in the summer????

--------------------
Gavin Chachere
Plotter in the garage,New Orleans La.

"Sgts Shugart and Gordon again request permission to rope down to crash site two"

Posts: 1223 | From: new orleans.la. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda Silver Eagle
Visitor
Member # 274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda Silver Eagle   Author's Homepage   Email Linda Silver Eagle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the best looking table I've ever seen set.

Kristy,

If you can airbrush anything like you can do cakes, I expect to see some pics up very soon!

My daughter will be getting married soon so I reckon we need to stay in touch, lol!

--------------------
Linda Welborn
Aigle D'Argent

678-292-3102

http://www.precious101.com

Posts: 2501 | From: GA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve,
Now we know that you aren't the only one in the family who has talent! Super job Kristy!
Judy

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!