Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » This Bakery led to the other Bakery.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This Bakery led to the other Bakery.....
Rob Clark
Visitor
Member # 787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob Clark   Email Rob Clark       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a bit o' fun with this one but the Heritage council wouldn't let me take the colours up above the guttering..........why not? spoilsports!

http://robclark.net/ubb/shopfront.jpg

This is what it looked like before I hit town
http://robclark.net/ubb/original%20s%20f%20copy.jpg

Robc

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Rob Clark ]

--------------------
Rob Clark
Rob Clark Design
11 Lassig st
Moore Park Queensland Australia

Posts: 421 | From: Australia | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob

I love your stuff!!! Very bold and a VAST improvement over the unimaginative stuff of before.

But you ask why not do the whole front??? Hahahahahahaah. Do I ever understand your dilema! Been there done that. Ain't it fun to rock the boat and shake the world we live in!

But I think we both know why not. No guts no glory. Your concept is just a little 'off the wall' in terms of tradition. Most folks don't like to go there, whereas I suspect you are like me and say why not??

I suppose their concern had to do with the 'integrity of the entire facade' as it appears to be part of a larger building.

I love the way you tie the whole storefront together, same colors and eespecially the posts... in the old photo they are way to skinny and plain. They could use a built-up base on the bottom which would anchor them to the sidewalk visually.

The top panels just beg for the same treatment and COLOR!!!

You could always try my approach... DAN is an acronym for Done At Night. Rumor has it that it is way easier to get forgiven than to get permission.

Keep it up bro! Fight the good fight!

-dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheryl nordby
Visitor
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheryl nordby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob......I LOVE your work!
Posts: 3729 | From: Seattle | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Cordova
Visitor
Member # 220

Icon 10 posted      Profile for John Cordova   Email John Cordova   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, which one is the "before"?

Just kidding! That looks terrific! Someday I hope to be the same caliber as y'all!

--------------------
John Cordova
Gitano Design Studio
Albuquerque, NM

Posts: 268 | From: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda Seymour
Visitor
Member # 1904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda Seymour   Email Linda Seymour   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob,
outstanding transformation,is that Childers?

--------------------
Linda Seymour
Bundaberg, Q.L.D Australia

"DARE!"
Signage of Distinction
Bundaberg
freeloner2001@dingoblue.net.au

Posts: 94 | From: Q.L.D Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob Clark
Visitor
Member # 787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob Clark   Email Rob Clark       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the comments guys, I love your humour.

Yeah Dan, I really wanted to take it all the way to the top, but I was ordered to stop work twice by some Bureaucrat before I had gotten anywhere near the guttering so we all felt we were pushing our luck too far, darn shame.
But I am gonna keep your quote in mind in the future "It's better to be forgiven than get permission" I like that. Don't worry I have done plenty of "Dawn Raids"

The style of this job reflects the personalities of the owners but doesn't really reflect the personality of the town (yes Childers Linda)
I kinda wished I had worked a little harder on a more traditional design with these "jump out and grab 'em" colours. (Don't tell them that though)

It works really well for them though, they have told me that their business has doubled since I hit the place, so thats what really gives me a rush, I love to hear success stories come from my work.

http://robclark.net/ubb/on%20site%20childers.jpg This is a pic of me at work in the main street of Childers with Monique the (better half) owner looking on. The local paper took this shot & featured it.

RobC

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: Rob Clark ]

--------------------
Rob Clark
Rob Clark Design
11 Lassig st

Posts: 421 | From: Australia | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob Clark
Visitor
Member # 787

This is a blatant Bump up by the author, shame shame, I'm just not ready for this to die yet.

I posted another pic to this thread and some more comments.................................. I am looking for FEEDBACK here.......HULLOOW!

Hope you guys recognise my humour, there is no offence intended here.

RobC

--------------------
Rob Clark
Rob Clark Design
11 Lassig st

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!