Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Final draft (maybe) of previously posted logo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Final draft (maybe) of previously posted logo
Tyler
Visitor
Member # 2093

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tyler   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I took many of the suggestions from my initial postings of this new logo design for my company and put them to use. I ended up totally changing the fonts for the subcopy to copperplate and signpainters script. This is a photoshop version, I exported all the seperate pieces from corel as high res tiff files and assembled it in photoshop, so I can do any changes and special effects really easy. The only effects on this is the beveled gold 'signs' and i used the dodge and burn tools to shade and highlight the banner. This is going to be printed and used for a set of magnetics which will be hand-cut to shape. The background color represents the color of my van.

I really like it but am only 98% happy with it. It seems like it needs something or other. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for all the input!

P.S.
A few other things I forgot. There is a thin blue pinstripe around the thick black outline around 'signs', it just doesnt show up well in this small pic. I was thinking about leaving off the black 'A Step Above' when it was printed, and cutting it out of vinyl and doming it, then applying it to the magnetics. That will help that stand out a bit, and add a cool effect that I can use as an example to sell to customers. I also wanted to put a shadow underneath of the banner, but was having trouble with it as it extends onto the actual van, and that part would have to be a darker maroon shadow, and it seemed like a pain in the neck. If anyone has a good idea how to do it so it looks right, let me know.

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: Tyler ]

--------------------
Tyler Malinky
A Step Above Signs
Cleveland, Ohio
440.842.1894 fax

www.astepabovesigns.com
tmalinky@astepabovesigns.com or exmayors@aol.com

Posts: 190 | From: Parma, Ohio USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob Clark
Visitor
Member # 787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob Clark   Email Rob Clark       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it Tyler, it has a good feel to it.

Maybe what you could try is to bring that heavy back contour that's around the word "signs" around the banner as well, the underside of the banner looks a little weak by comparison.

Designing for yourself is the biggest challenge we face, not because we dont have any ideas but often because we have too many ideas and options to choose from.
So if you can come up with something you are 100% happy with you are way ahead of me, because after all, no one will be as critical of your work as you are yourself.

Good work, how long have you ben at this "Sign Game"

RobC

--------------------
Rob Clark
Rob Clark Design
11 Lassig st
Moore Park Queensland Australia

Posts: 421 | From: Australia | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda Silver Eagle
Visitor
Member # 274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda Silver Eagle   Author's Homepage   Email Linda Silver Eagle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tyler,

For the drop shadow, how about masking off the rest of the sign and airbrushing a #2 or #3 gray there. You could cut it out with the shadow area attatched and paint the part that would be the van color before you apply the gray. A light mist will do...so the original color will look like it's holding a shadow.

It's absolutely beautiful Tyler! I like to watch you tweak!

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: Linda Silver Eagle ]

--------------------
Linda Welborn
Aigle D'Argent

678-292-3102

http://www.precious101.com

Posts: 2501 | From: GA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob Clark
Visitor
Member # 787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob Clark   Email Rob Clark       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DOH!!!!!! since 1999.

Rob Clark Signs.....stupid questions a speciality!

RobC

--------------------
Rob Clark
Rob Clark Design
11 Lassig st
Moore Park Queensland Australia

Posts: 421 | From: Australia | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Roche
Visitor
Member # 1967

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Eric Roche   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Roche       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, Tyler, Very Nice
One thing that is bugging me a little is the placement of the banner in relation to your focus
To me it seems like your giving up alot of the punch by bring in the banner so close if it were me I would drop the banner to reveal some of the black outline that you have around the top I would let the blue over lap the black but going over the gold makes it a little harder to read. I like the way your bringing it together with the flow of the banner matching the strokes of the S's
but would be better realized with black breaking them apart. I wouldnt change how the relationships you have going on at the bottom so I would extend the straight section of the beige to fit it, not actually lower the banner. I dont know if your followin but any way Looks good.

--------------------
Eric Roche
Douglasville, GA

"Someday I'm gonna get a
real job, HEE HEE"

Posts: 97 | From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!