Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Coca Cola

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coca Cola
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran into Sonny Franks at the Walldog meet in Pontiac Illinois and loved his Coca Cola mural. I didn’t get a chance to work with him but maybe next. A few years ago I started enlarging and painting Coca Cola post cards on the walls of our kitchen. I painted over one of them and keep this one. I thought it would be cool to change the walls once and a while. I haven’t got to it yet.

-

Sorry about jpeg I’ll try to get a better one.

--------------------
Cornbread or Scott Lindley
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Justin Cook
Visitor
Member # 10797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justin Cook   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Cook       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good Cornbread! I love old Coke ads.

--------------------
Justin Cook
Dimension Sign Studio
PO Box 28288
Richmond, Virginia 23228

Posts: 25 | From: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gray!

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too love old Coke signs, both the old movie poster and this one look great!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

My neighbor has a small old barn hear in town and its screaming paint me. I think it needs an old Coca Cola sign.

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that sign, the original done by one of my favorite artists, N.C. Wyeth.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

My wife and I had purchase Coca Cola post cards on our trips. That was one we really liked so I put it on the wall. I think it would be nice to have a panel jam and recreate old Coke ads. Then learn a little history about the artist that first created the image.
I have a few post cards of Norman Rockwell I would like to see enlarged.

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Anybody have some cool old Coke stuff?

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I collected Coca Cola items for years. The collection started small but grew rapidly... and folks started sending me things from around the world. It grew to more than 400 items over the years.

When I built my new studio I thought I had plenty of room to display it all, but books, models, sign samples and panels from others soon started to displace the Coke stuff. Late last year I finally boxed the last of it and it is all now in storage and for sale...

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!