Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Just another one...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just another one...
Scott Eckland
Visitor
Member # 3036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Eckland   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Eckland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sandblasted sign I did for a customer she was giving to her husband. It was a family brewery in the U.P of Michigan back in the 1800's. Now defunked. They supplied a ruff sketch of the original logo which I redrew and came up with the design for the sign. It was a fun one to give to her...it was like the reaction people have when they yell 'MOVE THAT BUS' on that home makeover show. Yellow and silver gold leaf...enamels...
 -

--------------------
Scott Eckland
Chelsea Signs
web: chelseasigns.com
email: scott@chelseasigns.com

Posts: 198 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rollie Eldred
Resident

Member # 8372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rollie Eldred   Author's Homepage   Email Rollie Eldred       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful Scott! What did you use as a substrate...HDU or Redwood?

--------------------
Rollie Eldred
Ashtabula, OH

"Making the World Beautiful...One Sign at a Time!"

Posts: 66 | From: Ashtabula, OH (Really Saybrook-on-the-lake) | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rollie Eldred
Resident

Member # 8372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rollie Eldred   Author's Homepage   Email Rollie Eldred       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duh...I just read the previous post, HDU!
Nice though! [Smile]

--------------------
Rollie Eldred
Ashtabula, OH

Posts: 66 | From: Ashtabula, OH (Really Saybrook-on-the-lake) | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Eckland
Visitor
Member # 3036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Eckland   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Eckland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem Rollie [Wink] Ashtabula, OH? My wife and I had a weekend there when there was that huge power outage/blackout 5 or 6 years ago...went canoeing down a river there...can't recall the name. Really a nice area!

--------------------
Scott Eckland
Chelsea Signs

Posts: 198 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rollie Eldred
Resident

Member # 8372

I remember that weekend quite well! We were heading out to New York state to do a bit of camping ourselves when the power went out! In fact, the "Whole" outage was found to be caused by our local Power Comany (First Energy)! That must have been the Ashtabula River, or Grand River, they are both in this county and both very scenic! Next time you are in this area, we'll have to get together! Love your work! I want to tackle HDU someday, but currently still doing Redwood!

--------------------
Rollie Eldred
Ashtabula, OH

Scott Eckland
Visitor
Member # 3036

Rollie-
I ended up ordering a sheet of HDU when a client asked if I could make a sign out of it...so I sold the job before I had ever worked with it. Trial by fire! Order up a sheet then it's just staring you in the face every day begging to have some sand thrown at it!

I think it was the Grand River...had a great time and some fun wineries too. Will def. look you up if we make it back that way!
Scott

--------------------
Scott Eckland
Chelsea Signs

Rollie Eldred
Resident

Member # 8372

That is one thing for sure Our County is known for...is it's Wineries! We do have some good ones! Yes...I will definitely order and try some for sure! I have been wanting to for quite awhile now, and the redwood is such a process in itself.

--------------------
Rollie Eldred
Ashtabula, OH

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!