Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » A dimensional sign that got out of hand

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A dimensional sign that got out of hand
J.T. Gazaway
Visitor
Member # 2001

Icon 6 posted      Profile for J.T. Gazaway   Author's Homepage   Email J.T. Gazaway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you guys might enjoy these photos of the entranceway to a night club I did recently in San Antonio. The place is called Joe's Volcano. Pop in if you're ever down that way.

It's sculpted from EPS foam and Urethane, then painted to look like granite. A process I'm going to try to explain in a later post. It really looks like rock and it's easy once you know how.

At night the eyes strobe white in the big head and idols on the ends are holding torches that they actually light on weekends. We had to anchor it down really well. That head only weighs about 75 lbs. Hope you like it...

------------------
J.T. Gazaway
J.T. Graphic Design
www.jt-graphicdesign.com
jt@jt-graphicdesign.com

[This message has been edited by J.T. Gazaway (edited March 01, 2001).]

Posts: 254 | From: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great stuff JT!
also the 3-D things on your website are very impressive.
keep up the great work.

mark

------------------
Mark Fair

Mark Fair Signs
http://www.markfair.com

Home of "Sign of the Month
http://www.markfair.com/signomonth.html

2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107
334-262-4449

mark@markfair.com

"Mark Fair is a Proud Contributor to The Letterhead Site!"

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.T. Gazaway
Visitor
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J.T. Gazaway   Author's Homepage   Email J.T. Gazaway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mark! That means a lot coming from you. I was beginning to wonder if the photos were coming through to the site. This was my first try at posting pictures. I think I have it figured out now. I'll try to put some more up later of the stuff I'm working on now. (That is if anyone is interested in seeing a giant pair of platform shoes.) LOL

------------------
J.T. Gazaway
J.T. Graphic Design
www.jt-graphicdesign.com
jt@jt-graphicdesign.com

Posts: 254 | From: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pierre St.Marie
Visitor
Member # 1462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pierre St.Marie   Author's Homepage   Email Pierre St.Marie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...............I'm a fan.

------------------
St.Marie Graphics
& Makin' Tracks Sound Studio
Kalispell, Montana
stmariegraphics@centurytel.net http://www.stmariegraphics.com
800 735-8026
We're chiseling every day of the week! :^)

Posts: 4223 | From: Kalispell,Mt 59903 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
captain ken
Visitor
Member # 742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for captain ken   Author's Homepage   Email captain ken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks Great! I am working on a 3D fish now out of foam, did you coat it in a resin or fibergass? mine needs to be tough enough to take a beating. any ideas?

------------------
--------------------------------------------------
"A wise man once said that, or was it a wise guy?"

Ken McTague
The Witch city
Salem, MA

Posts: 2425 | From: Salem, MA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.T. Gazaway
Visitor
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J.T. Gazaway   Author's Homepage   Email J.T. Gazaway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Ken. I have everything sprayed with two part polyurea coating. Same stuff used for sprayed in truck bed liners. The two parts mix in mid air at set almost as soon as it hits the surface. It's really tough. I posted a reply about a coating for your fish a couple of days ago. I might have explained it better there. Drop me an e-mail if you need some more info.

------------------
J.T. Gazaway
J.T. Graphic Design
www.jt-graphicdesign.com
jt@jt-graphicdesign.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!