Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » another logo design...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: another logo design...
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

------------------
Mark Fair

Mark Fair Signs
http://www.markfair.com

Home of "Sign of the Month
http://www.markfair.com/signomonth.html

2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107
334-262-4449

mark@markfair.com

"Mark Fair is a Proud Contributor to The Letterhead Site!"

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.T. Gazaway
Visitor
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J.T. Gazaway   Author's Homepage   Email J.T. Gazaway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is one nice looking logo. I love the shadows. Good Job!

------------------
J.T. Gazaway
J.T. Graphic Design
www.jt-graphicdesign.com
jt@jt-graphicdesign.com

Posts: 254 | From: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that is cool work Mark. I love the bevels. Bevels are coolbeans. I been thinking about designing some new business cards and doing the work in photoshop. I wonder how the bevels and such would print out? Nice work Mark.

------------------
John Deaton III
Deaton Signs&Grafix
109 N. Cumberland Ave.,Harlan, Ky. 40831 606-573-9101

john@deatondesigns.com
www.deatondesigns.com

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks john and jt!
that design is one of two i am showing the client.
i wanted to give them a difference in styles.
this is the second one.
which one do you like and why???

thanks,
mark

------------------
Mark Fair

Mark Fair Signs
http://www.markfair.com

Home of "Sign of the Month
http://www.markfair.com/signomonth.html

2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107
334-262-4449

mark@markfair.com

"Mark Fair is a Proud Contributor to The Letterhead Site!"

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Roche
Visitor
Member # 1967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Roche   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Roche       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Work Mark, as for the choice of the two i would have to pick your second post. Your first logo although very ledgible is also in my opinion to powerful of a look for a Real Estate Agency. I think looking for a home or residence can be a traumatic and intimidating experience for some, at least for first time buyers and such and that logo is YELLIN a little to loud in my opinion. I think your second go is a much more comforting, reliable, homey, friendly look and suits a real estate agency better. I suppose, depending on the kind of real estate agency this is teh first may be more suitable. If the were primarily a commercial and industrial firm then obviously the first is more suiting, but I think if that was the case your second version would look nothing like it does.
I realize that in your post you were not seeking any constructive criticism but Im gonna anyway (not tryin to be a wiae as LOL)
The grapic you used or designed in hte second version is an excellent use of positive and negative space but I think (key words I THINK not that it matters) over power your Primary copy a little and at a quick glance I think most would miss the name. Here is what I would do (not claiming to be an expert cuz Im far from it) I think if you increased the size of your Primary copy block in proportion to the graphic a bit
and either reversed out the copy and or thickened the stroke a little it would help balance and Read a little easier. Oh before I stop nit pickin the secondary copy letterstyle looks a little Avante Garde for the application maybe an optima or the like would feel better there. Alright I'm Done let me have it. Mark I've seen alot of your work around the BB here and would like to say I'm very impressed and think you do some wonderful work. It's always easier to critique other peoples work rather than your Own So I will be posting some of mine shortly, So please Let Me Have it. I always appreciate insight into my work and am coanstantly trying to Improve.
Nice Work Mark
Eric Roche

------------------
"Someday I'm gonna get a
real job, HEE HEE"
Signs Of Life
48 Carmen Hill Rd.
New Milford, Ct 06776

Posts: 97 | From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent work I really like them both but for different reasons.
yup, two very different styles that work perfect ... depending on the company they're for.
The first one would be perfect for a company that sells commercial properties ... bold colors and a striking image that gives a very corporate professional look.
The second gives a warm feeling that makes you want them to elp find/sell a home.
but
IMO either one wouldn't work for the opposite situation (wouldn't buy a house from first or rent warehouse from second)

good work

------------------
Designing... it's like an itch in the brain... an itch you can't scratch, that if you can figure out how to scratch it, it just itchs more

http://www.slamgraphics.com
Rochester, N.Y.
mark@slamgraphics.com

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 14 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlike the other guys, I think the first one will work just fine for residential sales. I've pictured both on yard signs, the first will be much more effective. If I were selling my house and was choosing a real estate company based on the logo I'd go with the first, much more aggressive, get the job done looking.
The other one is nice too, I'm just a contemporary sort of guy

------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@ionictech.com

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

http://goatwell.tripod.com

Posts: 4322 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 10 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with George on this one. Even though the first logo is more contemporary and bold, I think it would still work for a company of any size. The second one is really nice, but doesn't jump at you like the first.

------------------
John Deaton III
Deaton Signs&Grafix
109 N. Cumberland Ave.,Harlan, Ky. 40831 606-573-9101

john@deatondesigns.com
www.deatondesigns.com

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!