Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Fishing Guide...trading card?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fishing Guide...trading card?
Barry Branscum
Visitor
Member # 445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Branscum   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Branscum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This guy wanted a "baseball card type" card for his business, and so we came up with this. The cards are 2.5x3.5.

The photo from the front is a composite that took the longest part of the design process. The image of the guy holding the fish came from a lousy cellphone pic taken on a gray, overcast day, with a featureless background. So I scoured the net for images of the lake in question, and came up with the images used here on the card. The mountain in the background is called "Sugarloaf" and is a well known local landmark. The image on the backside is of a popular diving/fishing spot near Prim, AR.

I designed the logo, and came up with the slogan as well, and we are doing posters, vehicle graphics and hats too.

-

-

--------------------
Barry Branscum

Master's Touch
DESIGNS
www.masterstouchsigns.com

no, my signshop website is not finished....still.

218 Hwy 65 B
Clinton, AR

Posts: 2500 | From: Clinton, AR USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! I like it Barry! Cool!

Nice work!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work Barry!

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee McKee
Visitor
Member # 3533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee McKee   Email Lee McKee       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, If that does not get your customer a ton of Business I don't know what would. Very Cool!

--------------------
Lee McKee
McKee Studios
Birmingham, Al
Planet Earth (sometimes)

Posts: 277 | From: Birmingham, Al | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Branscum
Visitor
Member # 445

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Barry Branscum   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Branscum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the comments guys! I really enjoyed making this project....

--------------------
Barry Branscum

Master's Touch
DESIGNS

218 Hwy 65 B
Clinton, AR

Posts: 2500 | From: Clinton, AR USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Eckland
Visitor
Member # 3036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Eckland   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Eckland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really a cool marketing piece! Nice work!

--------------------
Scott Eckland
Chelsea Signs
web: chelseasigns.com
email: scott@chelseasigns.com

Posts: 198 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow I want to go fishing ...

ratfink rules

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Decent overall layout.

I don't know why... but for some reason the guy and the fish look like they were cut out with scissors and pasted over the background photo...

That dude must be one strong mutha.... because I don't think I could hold what appears to be a 110 lb fish directly away from my body like that! Us Yankees are weaklings... lol.

Nice overall layout though - - a little heavy on the outlines again, and I'd probably use different fonts and colors.... but that's just me. Everyone has a different view on what they think works and what doesn't.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd, you ain't a Yankee. Michiganders do not qualify. Minnesotans, neither.

I like the card. It is bright and colorful. Makes me wanna go fishing.

BBL... I've gone fishing.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Branscum
Visitor
Member # 445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Branscum   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Branscum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason it looks like he was pasted......I dunno, maybe he WAS... [Wink]

Todd I thought I mentioned this at the top of the thread, but the pic he gave me came from his CELL phone....taken on a gray, cloudy day.

I deleted the background and placed him in a more colorful recognizable setting with a local landmark in the background.

The fish has been color corrected but NOT size enhanced. [Smile]

--------------------
Barry Branscum

Master's Touch
DESIGNS

218 Hwy 65 B
Clinton, AR

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude... I wanna know where that fishing hole is....all we catch around here is guppies. LOL.

Looks good Barry....sorry, I'm in a hyper critque-y mood the last few days. :-)

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Larkham
Visitor
Member # 2913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Larkham   Email Robert Larkham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry, I love it but are you sure you didn't cut and paste that photo.....hehehehehehe

--------------------
Rob Larkham
Sign Techniques Inc.
Chicopee, Ma

Posts: 607 | From: Chester, Ma. | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Branscum
Visitor
Member # 445

Nah Rob, that guy has hard edges and oversaturated color in real life....

--------------------
Barry Branscum

Master's Touch
DESIGNS

218 Hwy 65 B
Clinton, AR

William Holohan
Visitor
Member # 2514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Holohan   Email William Holohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like tight focus on the gent and his fish with the lens open a bit to soften the background.
Very nice "trade card" effect Barry. Much more effective for this business than a standard business card.

--------------------
William "Irish" Holohan
Resting...Read "Between Jobs."
Marlboro, MA 01752
email: firemap1@aol.com

Posts: 1110 | From: Marlboro, MA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!