Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » On the topic of shop trucks...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: On the topic of shop trucks...
Adam M Cranmer
Visitor
Member # 8100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam M Cranmer   Email Adam M Cranmer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We finished our first attempt at vehicle wraps a few weeks ago...

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Adam Cranmer
3545 Forest Park Drive
Kissimmee, FL 34741

Posts: 72 | From: Kissimmee, FL | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job and Nice Pond

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry Ware
Visitor
Member # 7352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry Ware   Email Larry Ware       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Adam,
This looks baddass... Now all you need to do is sling a bunch of mud on it by takin' it boggin' around that pond...

--------------------
Larry Ware
Warehouse 360 Studios LLC
Washington DC - Savannah, GA

Posts: 53 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, at the risk of making a fool out of myself, what is the deal with the blue on the truck? Is that a special effect that just doesn't photograph well?

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Culbertson
Visitor
Member # 7560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan Culbertson   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan Culbertson       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work Adam....

I'm with Larry, let's go mud riding!

--------------------
Ryan Culbertson
The Sign Shop at Quick Copies
Greenwood, SC

Rock and Roll means well, but it can’t help tellin’ young boys lies.
Mike Cooley - Drive By Truckers

Posts: 453 | From: Greenwood, South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam M Cranmer
Visitor
Member # 8100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam M Cranmer   Email Adam M Cranmer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
George, the onyl blue on the truck is the stripe to seperate the black/grey and yellow colors. Is this what you are asking about?

--------------------
Adam Cranmer
3545 Forest Park Drive
Kissimmee, FL 34741

Posts: 72 | From: Kissimmee, FL | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I was referring to the front half of the truck, the black/gray. It looked blue to me. I know it's some sort of design it's just not clear at all in the photos.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris OBrien
Visitor
Member # 5409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris OBrien   Author's Homepage   Email Chris OBrien       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam,
I think it looks good. Very clear & easy to read. I like the grungy texture on the front of the truck/hood area. Did you create that yourself, or was it purchased, and if so where from?

By the way- is that a letter "Q" in the hood right between "HI" and "SIGNS" ?

--------------------
Chris O'Brien
Cape Cod, MA

Posts: 183 | From: Cape Cod MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good... but isn't "HI SIGNS and misdemeanors" an impeachable offense under the U.S. constitution?

I have a soon to be retired Ford truck of similar vintage that would require more than what you've done for an augmented appearance adjustment. Mine would also need the span·a·dent wrap.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam M Cranmer
Visitor
Member # 8100

I created all of the textures/patterns in the background. The only "purchased" fills are in the logo and lettering. The grunge effect is very easy to reproduce.
Download the brushes and follow the instructions here.
And, yes that is a "Q". We through a bunch of letters in the background for some added dimension. It's very subtle, and I agree kinda cheesy.

--------------------
Adam Cranmer
3545 Forest Park Drive
Kissimmee, FL 34741

Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam,

Don't misunderstand this, but IMHO, I think the backround gives a weathered look to the whole truck, almost as if the clear coat was peeling off.
Probably just me, but it just looks out of place on that older body style.

I'm sure the pics don't do it justice.
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see ALOT of trucks with that look around here.....after the car wash it looks alot better! I think the yellow fade to orange is good...I agree with Rabid

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam M Cranmer
Visitor
Member # 8100

Honestly, the clear coat was actually starting to peel off on this truck.

--------------------
Adam Cranmer
3545 Forest Park Drive
Kissimmee, FL 34741

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!