Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » MDO sign

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MDO sign
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a sign I did for a customer who is worried to death about vandalism where this sign is. The townhomes are in an area that basicall doesnt want them there, cause they are for lower income families. Very nice ones though.
Anyway, he opted to go with mdo on this job, and maybe later a carved, gilded sign. The flowers on this are hand painted, and the gold is Oracal gold leaf vinyl. Everything else is Oracal 851 and paint. The bracketts I used for this install are those made by Mike Berry at signbracketts. [Smile]
 -  -

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Branscum
Visitor
Member # 445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Branscum   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Branscum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whaddaya Say John!?!?

Excellent as usual, big D.

One doesn't often see BROWN "pop" but you pull it off nicely!

--------------------
Barry Branscum

Master's Touch
DESIGNS
www.masterstouchsigns.com

no, my signshop website is not finished....still.

218 Hwy 65 B
Clinton, AR

Posts: 2500 | From: Clinton, AR USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely beautiful John! I love how the background fades into the oval at the top. I'm gonna have to store that trick away in the back of my mind.

Love it!
Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Phillips
Visitor
Member # 5708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Phillips   Email Doug Phillips       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John,
I LOVE the overall design & colors, but what's going on with the "Townhome Village" copy, it looks like it trying to ride a shallow wave and the space between it is a bit wide in relation to the space on either side.

--------------------
Doug Phillips
Denali Design Signs & Tees
Anchorage, Alaska

Posts: 316 | From: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job John

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that as well, Doug.
But I do love the rich colors and the cool fade behind the flowers.
I think I'd have made "Townhome" and "Village" a bit closer together too.
love....jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jake snow
Resident

Member # 5889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jake snow   Author's Homepage   Email jake snow       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job Deaton.
I like it because it dosen't look like vinyl. Nice job!

--------------------
Snow's Sign Works
865-908-0076
snowman@planetc.com
www.snowsigns.com

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Posts: 1640 | From: Sevierville, TN | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Berry
Visitor
Member # 2604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Berry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the way you erected the sign...where do you suppose I could get some of those cool brackets? [Wink]

Oops, nevermind, I caught it after [Roll Eyes]

But I still like 'em!! [Big Grin]

[ May 22, 2006, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Michael Berry ]

--------------------
Mike Berry
New England

Posts: 534 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The copy is riding a wave. Not that distinct, but it is a wave. I did the layout in illustrator, and used the filter it wave tool to add a little. I didnt like the copy going straight across. There probably is too much space there, but its built, so thats a moot point now, although one to remember in future jobs. [Smile]
I tend to make mistakes like this from time to time, especially when under the gun and busy with alot of jobs. Probably not that noticable, especially to the customer, but again, something to think of when laying out a sign.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david drane
Deceased

Member # 507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david drane   Email david drane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As usual another great sign John. You work always blows the socks off me. The hand painted pictorial is fabulous.

--------------------
Drane Signs
Sunshine Coast
Nambour, Qld.
dranesigns@bigpond.com
Downunder
"To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer"

Posts: 965 | From: Nambour, Qld. Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A normal, average John Deaton sign which equals nothing short of EXCELLENT. Hope it stays undamaged.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lolita leblanc
Visitor
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lolita leblanc   Email lolita leblanc       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another beautiful sign!

--------------------
Enseignes Le Héron
Sainte-Adèle, Qué

Posts: 103 | From: Sainte-Adèle | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt Evangelous
Visitor
Member # 3092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Evangelous   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Evangelous       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, Its very nice. When you get busy you tend to rush. We all need to relax & enjoy the layout time. Its easy to critique it after its up & complete. LOVE IT!!!

--------------------
Matt Evangelous
Gemini Signs
75 Lincoln Street
Marlboro, MA 01752
Geminisigns@aol.com

Posts: 2 | From: 75 Lincoln Street, Marlboro, MA 01752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!