Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » wolf on a window

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wolf on a window
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see many posts here, but what the hey, here's something I did recently I really liked.
It's on a car stereo store and is aprox 6 ft by 6 ft square.
All the shading , blending and most of the details are done with 3 inch foam rollers.
I used Nova brand acrylic paints.
Had to rush it as it started to rain hard with no over hang. I gave it a good spray of clear enamel and it's held up good so far (3 months)
Adrienne

------------------
Adrienne Morgan
Splash Signs
www.splashsigns.com
"Rainkatt' on mirc chat

A PROUD sponsor of this amazing site...U can B 2!! www.letterheads.com/supporters
"If it wasn't for signs, you wouldn't know where you were!!"

836 B Southampton rd
Benicia, CA 94510
707-550-4553 (vm)
adrienne@splashsigns.com

[This message has been edited by AdrienneMorgan (edited May 04, 2000).]

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrienne,

You got it down girl!
Awesome.
I love your wildlife painting.
Do you ever do much commission work for people?
As in fine art .... not window splashes!

You are an artist. I'd like to see more of your work on permanent things ... like canvasses!

Nettie

------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Sign Studio
in Sunny Florida
jbalogh@earthlink.net
Current Pet Profile - Please send us yours!
http://www.markfair.com/nettie

Start packing and move in! It's just too easy to be a Resident!
Location, Location, Location! It's all right here!
http://www.letterhead.com/supporters

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Barba
Visitor
Member # 431

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Steve Barba   Email Steve Barba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Nice Work!
I wanna put it on a jet!

------------------
Steve Barba is the proud owner, president, & sole employee of Sturgis Sign Works.
sbarba2616@dtgnet.com

Posts: 768 | From: Sturgis South Dakota | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU GOTTA JET?????? WOAH, yeah, man, no problem...well, maybe, i've never painted a jet, but I can learn !
heehee
Yes, Nettie, I have been doing wildlife for a while now. I wanted to be a wildlife artist, but don't have what it takes to compete in that world.
Here's a small watercolor (5x7)
I've painted a lot of wildlife on windows, and would like to give it a try on vehicles, so am taking Mike Lavalee's class in Boise.
Now I'm getting into murals, specializing in children's rooms. I just this morning recieved conformation on doing a rainforest theme for a child's playroom in a wealthy home! I'm excited about it because it will be a big job filled with wildlife! And they accepted my bid, which was pretty big!! grin!
http://www.splashsigns.com/WILDLIFEPAGE.HTML to see some of my wildlife art. I have done commisioned work, pet portraits mostly.
Thanks for the comps guys!
Adrienne

------------------
Adrienne Morgan
Splash Signs
www.splashsigns.com
"Rainkatt' on mirc chat

A PROUD sponsor of this amazing site...U can B 2!! www.letterheads.com/supporters

836 B Southampton rd
Benicia, CA 94510
707-550-4553 (vm)
adrienne@splashsigns.com

[This message has been edited by AdrienneMorgan (edited May 02, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by AdrienneMorgan (edited May 02, 2000).]

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrienne ... I have seen your pages before!
I beg to differ ... you DO have what it takes!

"Wanted to be a wildlife artist" ??? HA!
You ARE one girl!

How's that for a boot in the right line of thinking?

Nettie

------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Sign Studio
in Sunny Florida
jbalogh@earthlink.net
Current Pet Profile - Please send us yours!
http://www.markfair.com/nettie

Start packing and move in! It's just too easy to be a Resident!
Location, Location, Location! It's all right here!
http://www.letterhead.com/supporters

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your 'booting' is been appreiciated! HAHA!
Well.....I sure wished I could have made a living at it, but no one was interested in buying my paintings.
Maybe I wasn't putting a high enough price on them!
Adrienne

------------------
Adrienne Morgan
Splash Signs
www.splashsigns.com
"Rainkatt' on mirc chat

836 B Southampton rd
Benicia, CA 94510
707-550-4553 (vm)
adrienne@splashsigns.com

Kelli
Visitor
Member # 248

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Kelli   Author's Homepage   Email Kelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrienne, as always, your work just staggers me. Bet getting the glass out in one piece would be a sight easier than the drywall dilemma, heh heh. Nettie's 100% right, you ARE a wildlife artist.
Well-executed work abounds, but something more than just creating anatomically correct renderings is necessary to be a true artist, it's the ability to transfer heart and soul onto the canvas and you've got that ability.
When you say you don't "have what it takes" to be a wildlife artist, I assume you mean a COMMERCIAL wildlife artist. If a commercial artist is what you want to be, than the only thing you "don't have" is a good agent!

------------------
Kelli Cajigas aka Janda
Dolphin deSigns & Banners
“A satisfied customer will tell two friends, a dissatisfied customer will tell ten.”

Posts: 449 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Languein
Visitor
Member # 319

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Mike Languein         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOWOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo!!

As Liberace used to say; I'll be looking at the mooooooooon . . .
but I'll be seeing -- Youoooooooooooowooooo...

I like wolves. A lot! That's really great!

------------------
"If it isn't fun, why do it?"
Signmike@aol.com
Mike Languein
Doctor of Letters
BS, MS, PhD

You know what BS is, MS is More of the Same, and it's Piled Higher and Deeper here

Posts: 1859 | From: / | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Adrienne. Your wolf window is awesome. I particularly like the "snarley" expression that you've captured there.

------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail kjmlhenry@home.

10,000 sperm swimming for that egg...and I won!

Posts: 2684 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrienne,
I'm still one of your fans! And yes, marketing fine art differs from producing fine art. That's where talented gallery operators come into the picture.

------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California
"Where the Redwoods meet the Surf"

Posts: 6714 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...as a matter of fact I have some of my work in a gallery right now!
Pinstriper 'Big' John in Napa has opened a gallery there to market his own watercolors (he's GOOD too!) and wants to have my work there also.
We'll see how it goes. In the past I've not made enough in selling my fine art to even pay for the frames. I sort of gave up on it after a while. I had a one woman show here in town a few years ago, one of those 'biggest days in your life' kinda things, but didn't sell anything.
Now I want to paint wildlife in my murals and maybe on vehicles.
I think that's the direction I'm heading with the wildlife art.
Thanks for all your comments, sure makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
Adrienne

------------------
Adrienne Morgan
Splash Signs
www.splashsigns.com
"Rainkatt' on mirc chat

836 B Southampton rd
Benicia, CA 94510
707-550-4553 (vm)
adrienne@splashsigns.com

[This message has been edited by AdrienneMorgan (edited May 04, 2000).]

Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrianne,
If you can teach me to do that at the little meet in Slidell, paint me in that picture.

------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Youngsville LA.

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woooowwww! That is absolutly fantanstic. Was it on a main street? If it was, how many accidents were caused by people not looking at where they were driving, but looking at that reaaly cool looking wolf? You really are a very talented lady. I even think you might be able to teach Mike Lavelle a few things or two. At Boise, if you tell me your secrets, I'll tell you mine. See ya!

------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pierre St.Marie
Visitor
Member # 1462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pierre St.Marie   Author's Homepage   Email Pierre St.Marie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fine work, kiddo..........you don't have to tip your hat to anyone. You DO wear a hat, don't you??? :^)

------------------
St.Marie Graphics
& Makin' Tracks Sound Studio
Kalispell, Montana
Mkntraks@digisys.net
Carving America into a better shape! PEACE, through superior chisel-power!
We're chiseling every day of the week! :^)

Posts: 4223 | From: Kalispell,Mt 59903 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT IS JUST TOOOOO COOOOOOOOL!!!!!!

------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2275 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Languein
Visitor
Member # 319

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Mike Languein         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrienne, when you go to Boise be sure and visit the Nature Center, a friend if mine, Scott Hall painted a mural there that includes all the native wildlife of Idaho. It's awesome and you're gonna Love It!
Be seein' ya . . .

------------------
"If it isn't fun, why do it?"
Signmike@aol.com
Mike Languein
Doctor of Letters
BS, MS, PhD

You know what BS is, MS is More of the Same, and it's Piled Higher and Deeper here

Posts: 1859 | From: / | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J & N Signs
Resident

Member # 901

Icon 14 posted      Profile for J & N Signs   Email J & N Signs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Girl
Beautifull work!
Wish I could do 1/8 of that!
Keep it up

------------------
Mario G. Lafreniere aka Fergie.

http://www.cancom.net/~mlfergie

mlfergie@cancom.net
Chapleau, Ontario home of "The World's Largest Game Preserve"
Spring is upon us,in Shania Country. Farewell Snow, here comes the Mosquito!

"I cut it twice and it's still too short!"

Posts: 1257 | From: Chapleau, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich Stebbing
Visitor
Member # 368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Stebbing   Email Rich Stebbing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack London would have loved it,....as I do. Was it part of a "promo"? What did the rest of it look like? How local is it. Where abouts is Big Johns Gallery by the way? Great work Adrienne, that eyeball is ready to come out of its socket, keep it up.

------------------
Rich Stebbing #945
RichSigns
Rohnert Park CA

Posts: 755 | From: Rohnert Park, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for your kind remarks!!
I really didn't think anyone would look in here, since i rarely see any other posts here...it's too bad i would love to see everyone's work.
Yeah, Rich, it was from a Rockford stereo ad and that IS the whole thing....just the closeup of the wolf's face.
The window is aprox 6 feet by 6 feet and is on Sonoma Blvd in Vallejo at E.T. Stereo.
Big John's Gallery is on the corner of Silverado Trail and First Street in Napa.
Adrienne

------------------
Adrienne Morgan
Splash Signs
www.splashsigns.com
"Rainkatt' on mirc chat

836 B Southampton rd
Benicia, CA 94510
707-550-4553 (vm)
adrienne@splashsigns.com

Benji Mcentire
Visitor
Member # 1414

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Benji Mcentire         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I only knew what you FORGOT, I would be pleased. way too cool work, I stand in awe, of the real creative, mind you have...

Besides is that Undernet-dalnet or what net when you IRC,,,,

------------------
Signs of America
www.signsofamerica.com
McEntire,Benji

Posts: 12 | From: Harrison Arkansas USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Hebron Dalnet, I believe

------------------
Adrienne Morgan
Splash Signs
www.splashsigns.com
"Rainkatt' on mirc chat

836 B Southampton rd
Benicia, CA 94510
707-550-4553 (vm)
adrienne@splashsigns.com

James Coover
Visitor
Member # 77

Icon 14 posted      Profile for James Coover   Email James Coover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tampered with the "House hold Pets" food supply the other day.....You have captured his responce in vivid detail.
Seriously hon, you are a true artist..I'm inpressed!
Jim at Coover Signs
Dodge City Kansas

------------------

Posts: 111 | From: Joplin, Missouri 64801 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, thanks....I should post here more often!! hehe!
See y'all when i get back from New Orleans!!
Adrienne

------------------
Adrienne Morgan
Splash Signs
www.splashsigns.com
"Rainkatt' on mirc chat

836 B Southampton rd
Benicia, CA 94510
707-550-4553 (vm)
adrienne@splashsigns.com

Jennifer Flinchpaugh
Visitor
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer Flinchpaugh   Email Jennifer Flinchpaugh       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings!

If you're interested in seeing the Scott Hall wildlife mural to which Mike Languein referred, but you aren't going to Boise, you can find the mural in an old issue of SIGNS OF THE TIMES. It was a winner in our February 1995 Commercial Sign Design Contest (page 108).

Mike's right: Scott's mural for the Idaho Fish and Wildlife Foundation is AMAZING. He painted the 8 x 20-ft. project using acrylics on canvas, which he then mounted to the wall. There are 45 animals (32 species) depicted in the artwork.

Take care and God bless,

------------------
Jennifer Flinchpaugh
Senior Associate Editor
SIGNS OF THE TIMES Magazine
www.signweb.com
jflinchp@stpubs.com
(800) 925-1110, ext. 304
(513) 421-2050, ext. 304
Fax: (513) 421-5144

Posts: 31 | From: Cincinnati, OH, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!