Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Brrrr!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brrrr!
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up late finishing these last night.
The customer wanted a 1940s look.
He grew up near a sign shop and insisted on hand-painted work, what a pleasure for me.
The snowman was all he had to go with, from the dreaded Microsoft Word. But I liked him.
All hand-lettered on Alumalite.
Bell Boy from LHF and Alf Becker from The Fontry.
I'm getting rusty from using all that vynull!
Love....Jill
 -  -  -

--------------------
That is like a Mr. Potato Head with all the pieces in the wrong place.
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeremy Paul Taylor
Visitor
Member # 4441

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jeremy Paul Taylor   Email Jeremy Paul Taylor       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice looking work Jill ...

--------------------
JEREMY PAUL TAYLOR
CABURN ST LEONARDS COURT
FORRES,MORAYSHIRE,
SCOTLAND

Posts: 73 | From: Morayshire Scotland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal Cabrera
Visitor
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sal Cabrera   Author's Homepage   Email Sal Cabrera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Job Jill! looks you are busy

--------------------
Sal Cabrera
Signs By Sal
New Freedom , PA

The goal of Yesterday will be the Stating Point of Tomorrow!

Posts: 696 | From: New Freedom , PA US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it too!!!! So cool that ya still get to hand paint!!

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur Vanson
Deceased

Member # 2855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arthur Vanson   Author's Homepage   Email Arthur Vanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Jill, nice signs. How about a 'Step-by-step' on how to get your customer to insist on a job being painted – or does it involve eyelashes? [Smile]

--------------------
Arthur Vanson
Bucks Signs
Chesham, Buckinghamshire,
England
arthur@buckssigns.co.uk
--------------------

Posts: 805 | From: Chesham, Bucks, England | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arthur, I did have the feeling that he was going to ask me out this weekend....I let him know about Stevo.
This client has a great love of hand-painted signs, so honest, there was no flirting involved. Sometimes I do try to charm the customer into trusting me! [Wink] But this was just luck. He was so thrilled when he picked them up today. He said
"So did you end up putting any plastic on them?"
I said no, just the trim. He replied "Sweeeet!"
Thanks for the comments.
Love.....Jill

--------------------
-Russ McMullin

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice job Jill.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Holohan
Visitor
Member # 2514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Holohan   Email William Holohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jilly girl,
You flirt even when you don't know your flirting...:-)

--------------------
William "Irish" Holohan
Resting...Read "Between Jobs."
Marlboro, MA 01752
email: firemap1@aol.com

Posts: 1110 | From: Marlboro, MA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice as always!

-dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8781 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jill,
I love the hand lettered look. The word "Service" takes me back to the old days. I used to use a style just like that. On my recent trip, I saw quiet a few hand lettered pieces. Man what a nice change!
Do you do the layout in the computer? If you do, how do you transfer it to the sign...pounce pattern, projecting, or hand drawing?
After seeing you at work at the PTP meet, I know you could draw it directly on the board if you had a mind to it, though for presentations and revisions, ya can't beat the ol 'puter. Just wondering about your concept to paint process.
Oh by the way I waved when I passed over PA on the NYC to Minneapolis flight. [Wink]

Keep on swishing.
Cheers,

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4381 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup Duncan I lay things out in the computer.
I pen-plot the pattern and then hand-cut and pounce or sometimes I trace the back with a Stabilo, wet the substrate, and transfer it that way.
BC, pre-1998, I did draw everything by hand like I still do at meets, but there were 2 identical signs so I opted for patterns.
I do think I spotted your plane the other day. Maybe you'll get to see me in person in 2 weeks, I'll be in your neck of the woods.
Love....Jill

--------------------
-Russ McMullin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!