Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Fun with Plex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fun with Plex
Rob McCauley
Visitor
Member # 2735

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Rob McCauley   Email Rob McCauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made this for the guitar player in my band. He's got a 18 Watt tube amp (not shown here) that will rip your head off. [Eek!] I figured he'd like the design enough that he just might use the thing and save all of our ears some abuse. Turns out, he loved it. Not a gig goes by without someone commenting on it and/or asking where he got it. It lets just enough sound out on stage, then we stick a mic behind it and pipe a little through the main PA system.
 -
 -
Specs: 3/16" clear extruded plex, flame polished edges, etchmark frosted vinyl devil graphics & flexible plex hinges attached with plex cement.

--------------------
Rob McCauley

Production Manager
Archway Graphic Designs
a Division of Sign Express, Inc.
www.signexpress.tv
Little Rock, Ar
--- The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down. ;-)

Posts: 53 | From: Little Rock, Ar | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool, Rob.

I can see why it gets comments. Very unique indeed.

Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Joiner
Visitor
Member # 1814

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Joiner   Email Kathy Joiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really neat. Does he backlight it when he performs?

--------------------
Kathy Joiner
River Road Graphics
41628 River Road
Ponchatoula, La.70454

Old enough to know better...Too young to resist.

Posts: 1891 | From: Ponchatoula, LA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool. Do you use something similar with your drums? I have a factory made drum shield around mine, but I never thought about using one with a guitar. How do you transport it without scratching it?

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1736 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob McCauley
Visitor
Member # 2735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob McCauley   Email Rob McCauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys! No back light Kathy, it looks evil enough [Big Grin] I'm sure if he could he'd use a red light though. His wife found a canvas bag that fits it perfectly. It still gets scrached a bit though, you almost can't avoid it. I'm in the process of making a larger version for my drum kit. 60" tall pannels, the two outter ones have the flames, haven't decided on ant graphics yet though...

--------------------
Rob McCauley

Production Manager
Archway Graphic Designs
a Division of Sign Express, Inc.
www.signexpress.tv
Little Rock, Ar
--- The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down. ;-)

Posts: 53 | From: Little Rock, Ar | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Whynott
Resident

Member # 1622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Whynott   Email Terry Whynott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neat!

What's the best way to cut a shape like that out of plexi?

--------------------
Terry Whynott
Walkerton, Ontario

Posts: 1230 | From: Walkerton, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guy H. J. Hilliard
Visitor
Member # 2529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guy H. J. Hilliard   Author's Homepage   Email Guy H. J. Hilliard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry;

The best way to cut that shape (and many others) is with a CNC router. And as a cheap plug for myself and my route by night service I'm currently working in Waterloo so if you need anything I could pick it up and drop it off at your shop [Embarrassed] )

--------------------
Guy Hilliard
Sawdust and Noise
CNC Routing /
Laser Cutting and Engraving
Brampton, Ont.
Canada

Posts: 164 | From: Brampton. Ont. Canada | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!