Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » T-shirt Sketch (follow-up)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: T-shirt Sketch (follow-up)
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying to knock down some side jobs so I can get in on the swap (not going to commit until I'm sure I can commit the time)
Some guys I know are working a toxic clean up site and wanted to get t-shirts for the crew.
So, after slacking for a bit(couple weeks) I finaly sat down and sketched this up this afternoon. (sharpie and pencil)
 -

One down.
off to next

[ October 02, 2003, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Mark Matyjakowski ]

--------------------
Compulsive, Neurotic, Anti-social and Paranoid ... but basically Happy

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob McCauley
Visitor
Member # 2735

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Rob McCauley   Email Rob McCauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Mark!
Man, that's almost too cool [Wink]

--------------------
Rob McCauley

Production Manager
Archway Graphic Designs
a Division of Sign Express, Inc.
www.signexpress.tv
Little Rock, Ar
--- The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down. ;-)

Posts: 53 | From: Little Rock, Ar | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always loved your artwork, no exception here!

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You scored again Mark...That's a lot of fun to look at. I like the skull in the ground and the tribal fumes. That's a tough subject, to make a waste dump look interesting, but you pulled it off. I find it humorous that anyone would want a toxic waste dump on a T-shirt. I don't think they'd sell too fast around here, but you never know.

By the way, I didn't hear about the bulldozer jumping contest yet. Did they have it ? Where's our shirts ? [Razz]

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really "for sale" just for the few dozen guys that have been digging this site for months.

Never did end up printing "Dozer Jump" shirts.
Ran out of time with all the other run stuff I had to do.
Used the rat drawing on some advertising materials.
Didn't get a chance that day to flame the dozer either.
We had only collected a few bikes to "jump" and decided that wasn't enough to land on ... err, jump.
Luckily someone parked thier truck in the "No Parking Or Else" spot [Razz]
 -
Didn't quite make it
Did end up raising over 10 grand for the Benincasa Home for the terminally ill.

--------------------

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark's stuff is always a blast. Helps me to remember to have fun with work and not to take myself too seriously.

Cool sketch man.

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Posts: 438 | From: Williamsport, PA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great stuff!...Again!
(thanks for pointing out the skull Jeff)

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool work Mark, as always. I'd love to see it in color.

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Follow up post...
Finally got around to printing these today, not my fault it took so long.
Started as shirts for a dozen crew guys that turned into a hundred with a dozen companies' names on back.
Wish I had a fancy press as I always feel limited with our crappy 4 over 4 ... but
 -

--------------------

Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome, Mark.

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good Mark.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2787 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob McCauley
Visitor
Member # 2735

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Rob McCauley   Email Rob McCauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it even better in color!
Way cool [Applause]

--------------------
Rob McCauley

Production Manager
Archway Graphic Designs
a Division of Sign Express, Inc.
www.signexpress.tv
Little Rock, Ar
--- The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down. ;-)

Posts: 53 | From: Little Rock, Ar | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark,

I also admire your work! love your loose style/ it flows;and the shadowing too. The colors are great, earthy and masculine, with enough contrast.
Thanks for sharing, what a treat this morning.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colour brings it to life!

Looks good Mark!

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The B&W was great. Color is awesome!

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice! Let's do lunch.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6465 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steven Girard
Visitor
Member # 3931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steven Girard   Author's Homepage   Email Steven Girard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!!!! Great job...  -

--------------------
Steven Girard
steven@lettragesgirard.com

http://www.lettragesgirard.com
all texts are in french, all the pics are in english....hiihih

Posts: 147 | From: Val-Bélair, QC. canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWESOME!!!

I want one!

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!