Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » window splashes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: window splashes
Gilead Stellar
Visitor
Member # 158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilead Stellar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just some window splashes, hope you like them.

This is the type of thing you like to hear: the shop couldn't sell this flavor before the sign, now they sell a bucket a day. Some customers say they never even knew the shop was there before.

Note the Star of David. I threw it in on a whim, but the store recieved many thanks from the Jewish community for including them.

Variations on a theme.

They said "Make it insurance related"

There are a lot of good window splashers in my area, but none of them use an airbrush. I'm doing it to give my work a different look in the hope of being more competitive.

Not christmasy, but I got the job because I was doing the Insurance place next door.

------------------
Gilead
Phoenix AZ
http://members.tripod.com/Stellargraphics/Gilead.htm

Posts: 319 | From: Gilbert Arizona USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gailforce
Visitor
Member # 152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gailforce   Author's Homepage   Email Gailforce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great Gilead! Us airheads are giving it that extra special touch, eh? I'd like to hear from you about how you price, paints used, etc, etc,...I'm going to print off your pics for my file. They're looking great!

Livin' the lifestyle of the poor and unknown, but, still happy
Gailforce Graphics
Squamish, BC, Canada

[This message has been edited by Gailforce (edited November 23, 1999).]

Posts: 590 | From: Squamish, BC, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheryl nordby
Visitor
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheryl nordby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gilead.....Nice work! I like the vivid colors. And I would also be interested in knowing what kind of paint you use. Very nice work Gilead.

------------------
Cheryl Nordby "surf" (previously Cheryl Bianchi)
signs and lines
"surfsigns"
a hop and skip from Seattle
supersurfs@email.msn.com
ICQ# 36992184

Posts: 3729 | From: Seattle | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Gilead! You are doing a great job. I like your charactors and your holly is looking pretty snappy.
Hey it was 2 years ago today wasn't it?? I still have that pic of you painting with me in Pheonix, was sure glad to have your help that day. That was the only one of those bookstores i ever had to use a ladder on.
Keep it up!
Adrienne

------------------
Adrienne Morgan/Rainkatt Studios>^,,^<
Benicia, CA
707-550-4553
RainkattStudios@aol.com
www.bigfoot.com/~Rainkatt3

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Creative Images
Visitor
Member # 81

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Creative Images         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work there, Gilead. Keep tha' ol'
airbrush ah' flowin'.

Bama Boy

------------------
Robert Fair(Bamaboy)
Creative Images Studios
Fayette, Al. USA
"Stay Fresh, Be Creative."

Posts: 346 | From: Gordo, Alabama USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilead Stellar
Visitor
Member # 158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilead Stellar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, and thanks for the replies.
I use a base of white housepaint covered with Radiant brand flourescents all applied with a roller. After that I do my outlines in black with a Readyflow banner marker. Then I airbrush hihlights, shades, fades and small details with either createx paint or readyflow ink. The ink is the least likely to clog and therefore most preferable for field work.
My pricing works out to about $4.00 a square foot. Less for large areas of simple design, more for heavily detailed stuff.
Like Nick Barber suggests I charge $5.00 per foot off the ground for standing on a ladder.
I'd like to hear from the rest of you in terms of techniques and pricing.
Some people have asked me if I have a price list. How wierd is that? It's like they expect me to have a limited repertoire. All my work is custom.
There are people in my area who do really fast and dirty christmas windows (no white basecoat, no shades) in fact they seem to have a finite set of designs that they do so you see the same designs everywhere. I'd really like to know what they charge, but I'm not going to emulate them.

------------------
Gilead
Phoenix AZ
http://members.tripod.com/Stellargraphics/Gilead.htm

Posts: 319 | From: Gilbert Arizona USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!