Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » 3 race cars I did last week

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 race cars I did last week
Mike Clayton
Deceased

Member # 723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Clayton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Racing season is coming soon, hardly have time to post these! [Smile]

Jamie Tomaino NASCAR modified #99 - 2 cars:

-

Dave Michel NASCAR modified #60 for Wall Township Speedway in NJ:

-

Ralph Gargiulo #08 Late model/Super Street stock for New Egypt Speedway in NJ:

-

MC

--------------------
Mike Clayton
M C Grafix Custom Lettering
New Jersey (again)

Posts: 508 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan E Young
Visitor
Member # 2325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan E Young   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan E Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top notch Mike. Easy to read and very very proffesional.

--------------------
Ryan Young
Indocil Art & Design
indocil@comporium.net
803-980-6765

I highjacked Letterville!!
Winter Muster 2004

Posts: 904 | From: Rock Hill, SC | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Mike! I see gatorade sponsored the paint cups! [Wink]

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 14 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job Mike, man a dirt car with legible numbers , now there's a new concept:) If only all these new "decal guys" as they like to call themselves on the race car circuits, would learn to use the fancy foils as intelligently as you have.
Where in the pecking order of cars is the 08 at New Egypt, is that the entry level class or a step up? Last time I was there was in the sixties when it was paved.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4322 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Snyder
Visitor
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Snyder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice! Looks like a future sign painter's work on the wall behind the 08 car. :-)

--------------------
Brian Snyder
Sign Effectz
Woodbridge, New Jersey

Posts: 723 | From: Woodbridge, NJ USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Clayton
Deceased

Member # 723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Clayton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Ryan, I was taught readability is the first and foremost thing on these jobs. If some one sponsors a car for a few grand, then goes to the track and can't read their name from the stands, they will not be happy!

Suelynn, used to get sleeves of Gatorade cups for free, but no more, thats my last batch.

George, I agree, seems like a waste for the price of the holographic vinyl, but I feel it gives so much more depth to the lettering used that way, I choose to do it. Just because it's vinyl, it soesn't have to look like it [Smile]

Brian, Thanks for the comments!

MC

[ March 24, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Mike Clayton Graphics ]

--------------------
Mike Clayton
New Jersey (again)

Posts: 508 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now thems some nice lookin race cars...around here all the teams own their own plotters....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob McCauley
Visitor
Member # 2735

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Rob McCauley   Email Rob McCauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work Mike!

[ March 26, 2003, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Rob McCauley ]

--------------------
Rob McCauley

Production Manager
Archway Graphic Designs
a Division of Sign Express, Inc.
www.signexpress.tv
Little Rock, Ar
--- The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down. ;-)

Posts: 53 | From: Little Rock, Ar | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why is the number so small on the 99 car's roof?
Who mfg the 99 car?

--------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luke Scanlan
Visitor
Member # 2481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke Scanlan   Email Luke Scanlan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Smyrna wasn't the same without Jamie. First time in years that he hasn't made the journey south. The cars look great Mike. I agree, "less is more" works best, with the holo vinyls. Don't forget about the brush either. A quick, easy 1 Shot shadow, saves on materials, and looks good. Besides when they ask why did you paint that? You can say "Because I CAN"! Keep it wet.

--------------------
Luke S.
Luke Scanlan Artistry
Ocala, Fl.
lukescanlan@cox.net

Posts: 249 | From: Ocala, Florida | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Clayton
Deceased

Member # 723

Thanks Rob!

Michael, The numbers on the roof (99) can be 12" tall now to accomodate sponsors on the roof (NASCAR allows this now, used to be 24" tall), So he wanted the small numbers since he (Jamie)sometimes sells that space on a per-race basis for advertising.

Luke, Thanks, I missed going to Florida for the second year, will have to get down there next Feb. Jamie was having a new engine built, so he passed this year too.

The numbers on the 99 are one shot airbrushed with highlights, and one shot outline. I have too much invested in paint and brushes to let it sit around all the time, and I still enjoy it too much! [Smile]

MC

--------------------
Mike Clayton
New Jersey (again)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!