Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » a nut and 3 Nutcrackers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a nut and 3 Nutcrackers
Robert Salyers
Visitor
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Salyers   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Salyers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These went to New york last week...hardcoated styrofoam

------------------
"A Country boy CAN survive..."
http://members.theglobe.com/hotair4

[This message has been edited by Airbrush Bobby (edited November 21, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Airbrush Bobby (edited November 21, 1999).]

Posts: 505 | From: Clearwater Florida USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Barba
Visitor
Member # 431

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Steve Barba   Email Steve Barba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW-
Did you build those as well? Lets hear it- How long did it take- did you draw up plans first, or go off of photos? Lets hear some building techniques. I scratchbuild car models out of brass and wood and normally spend 2-400 hrs on each one, (only over the course of a year, not in one setting, hehehe). Lately I've been dabbiling in sculpting, so I am interested. I'll stop rambling now.
Very nice job again.

------------------
Steve Barba is the proud owner, president, & sole employee of Sturgis Sign Works.
sbarba2616@dtgnet.com

Posts: 768 | From: Sturgis South Dakota | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nevman
Resident

Member # 332

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nevman   Email Nevman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work Bobby...

I too am interested in a few more details. If you could fill me in on the styrofoam hardcoating proceedure, as I would like to employ that process in our shop.

Thanks.

P.S. If you can help me out, I'll send you a new pair of old jeans .

------------------
Pat Neve, Jr.
Sign Man, Inc. Melbourne, FL
signmaninc@metrolink.net
Capt. Sign
February in Florida http://www.signmaninc.com/migration/default.htm
Letterville Constituent
constituent: "One of the individual entities contibuting to a whole"

[This message has been edited by Nevman (edited November 23, 1999).]

Posts: 2283 | From: Melbourne, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Salyers
Visitor
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Salyers   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Salyers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These took a little over 2 weeks to make. 3 days to paint with one shot. I did have some help. the torsos and legs were one piece. head, hats, hair and arms were separate and attached. Styrofoam was cut with hot wire, shaped with a 6" razor blade, wire brush and sanded. Two part hard coat was applied and then were painted. I'll show you more when I get more time. We did a Stewart little last week that was almost 20' tall for FAO Schwarz and I do have pics. Thank you for the compliments.

------------------
"A Country boy CAN survive..."
http://members.theglobe.com/hotair4

Posts: 505 | From: Clearwater Florida USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice work bobby.
i agree with steve...
W-O-W!

mark

------------------

Mark Fair

Mark Fair Signs
http://www.markfair.com

I Don't Work... I dis-PLAY

2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107
334-262-4449

mark@markfair.com

"Mark Fair is a Proud Contributor to The Letterhead Site!"

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Cow Bobby! ... Those are great!!
Wouldn't that be the coolest Christmas decorations to have at your house, one at either side of a front entrance with spot lights shining up on them. Sure beats the icicle light craze everyone's into these days! hehehe
hmmmmm ... I'll take two!!!

Hey, I bet that's your favourite paint suit too eh?

Your neighbour,
Nettie

(awesome job on those Bobby!)

------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Sign Studio
in Sunny Florida
jbalogh@earthlink.net
Current Pet Profile - Please send us yours!
http://www.markfair.com/nettie

Start packing and move in! It's just too easy to be a Resident!
Location, Location, Location! It's all right here!
http://www.letterhead.com/supporters

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Coover
Visitor
Member # 77

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Coover   Email James Coover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful Job A-B...However, I think the figure in camo is inappropriate and could stand a little touching up!
Jim at Coover Signs Dodge City, Kansas

------------------

Posts: 111 | From: Joplin, Missouri 64801 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheryl nordby
Visitor
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheryl nordby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow cute!! (the 3 Nutcrackers aint bad either!)

------------------
Cheryl Nordby "surf" (previously Cheryl Bianchi)
signs and lines
"surfsigns"
a hop and skip from Seattle
supersurfs@email.msn.com
ICQ# 36992184

Posts: 3729 | From: Seattle | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<signmaker> signmaker's jaw hits the ground in total awe with a THUMP! And wonders if Bobby can do a rendition of her husband's missing chicken... and also wonders how the icicle light craze has oozed all the way from BC Canada to Florida!

------------------
Graphic Impact
located in BC Canada
gisigns@sprint.ca

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Creative Images
Visitor
Member # 81

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Creative Images         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly a work of art, Bobby. I'm sure you get a pretty pennie for such work, How many did
you make up? Was it for one customer, or for a chain? When does your workshop start? What,
you haven't thought about a workshop, well
you should. Two thumbs up, man. Keep up the great work.

Bama Boy

------------------
Robert Fair(Bamaboy)
Creative Images Studios
Fayette, Al. USA
"Stay Fresh, Be Creative."

Posts: 346 | From: Gordo, Alabama USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!