Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Taxi Logo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Taxi Logo
Bill Smith
Visitor
Member # 2246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Smith   Email Bill Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A neat guy but a total lunatic asked me to come up with something that would catch the eye for his new taxi company in a local ocean resort. His idea... put a fleet of five black taxies on the road, all driven by good looking females. Claims he got his idea from a Uma Thurman movie about five women out to save the world, or something like that. He said it was called Fox Force 5.

Well... here it is. He wanted something femine, sexy, and loud. He definitely got LOUD!!!

-

--------------------
Bill Smith
Sign Age
509 E. Main Street
Salisbury, MD 21804

Posts: 17 | From: Salisbury, MD USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robb Lowe
Visitor
Member # 2121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb Lowe         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, talk about deja vu. In another post about signing outsourced work I quoted the movie "Pulp Fiction" and that's exactly the movie this came from. Uma Thurman's character talks about having made a TV pilot for a show of this same name.

Nice work!

That's a nice looking cartoon fox, did you draw that or if not, what collection did it come from (if you dont mind me asking)?

--------------------
Robb Lowe

Posts: 370 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Smith
Visitor
Member # 2246

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bill Smith   Email Bill Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Robb,

I wish I had the talent to draw something like that. [Big Grin] I got the "fox" from my "Art Explosion" collection. However, I had to do some, shall we say, breast augmentation?!? [Wink]

Thanks for the post.

--------------------
Bill Smith
Sign Age
509 E. Main Street
Salisbury, MD 21804

Posts: 17 | From: Salisbury, MD USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
love that sweater and skirt, don't know why but they are so soft and 3 d

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Davis
Visitor
Member # 1408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Davis   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill, The logo looks super terrific, but I would be very hesitent to use the exact name as in the movie for more than one reason. Perhaps "the Fox Fleet", maybe the "Heet Fleet" or "Foxes on the Run". Also allows for changing the fleet size and some originality. He gets the same effect without being a copycat.

--------------------
"Don't change horses in midstream, unless you spot one with longer legs" bronzeo oti
Jack Davis
1410 Main St
Joplin, MO 64801
www.imagemakerart.com
jack@imagemakerart.com

Posts: 1549 | From: Joplin, MO | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Smith
Visitor
Member # 2246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Smith   Email Bill Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jack,

I agree with you 100% and I like your suggestions, thanks. I asked him if he knew anything about the legality of using that name but I guess since it was not actually a movie, just dialog from a movie... who knows. I did ask if he had any other suggestions, but, he was adamant about using it no matter what.

Your point about limiting the size of his "fleet" is especially poignant. I'll be shocked to see more than two of these taxis on the street anyway. The resort season will soon tell. <G> I wish I could post a picture of this guy... you'd understand.

All the best,
Bill

--------------------
Bill Smith
Sign Age
509 E. Main Street
Salisbury, MD 21804

John Cordova
Visitor
Member # 220

Icon 16 posted      Profile for John Cordova   Email John Cordova   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bill,

I think it looks great. I was wondering which Art Explosion package you have. I have the Art Explosion 750,000 and have never seen that image or any art with that same style.

Thanks!

--------------------
John Cordova
Gitano Design Studio
Albuquerque, NM

Posts: 268 | From: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Smith
Visitor
Member # 2246

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Bill Smith   Email Bill Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey John,

I have the 625,000 version. It's on page 152 in my catalog under the name "Fox Dancing". The category is Animals, subcategory Cartoon. The index item is under Fox-Cartoon.

Hope this helps.

Bill

--------------------
Bill Smith
Sign Age
509 E. Main Street
Salisbury, MD 21804

John Cordova
Visitor
Member # 220

Icon 14 posted      Profile for John Cordova   Email John Cordova   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Bill!

I do have that image. It's kinda dark in the book. I guess that's why I've skipped over it. It's easy to do with 3/4 million images. Now that I look in the book, I remember seeing the male counterpart (the male fox in the zoot-suit get-up). Thanks again, and again, great job!

--------------------
John Cordova
Gitano Design Studio
Albuquerque, NM

Posts: 268 | From: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!