Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Cadillac Hearse for Blues Artist.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cadillac Hearse for Blues Artist.
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this has got to be the most unusual vehicle i have ever lettered...
You think business is "Dead" where you are!!!!
LOL

-  -  -

here is a quick Flash Web-Ad i did for "Bullet Bad Gus Geeter"
turn dem speakers up, this is actually Gus singing one of his tunes...!

BULLET BAD! [Wink]

i don't work, i dis-play!

too much fun. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Norcross
Resident

Member # 3496

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Mike Norcross   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Norcross   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy Mark
That is a good one, that ought to help his business for sure. One time i painted and lettered this sewer pumping truck, and on the back it said that your turd is my bread and butter. Extremely unusual huh.

--------------------
Mike Norcross
Mikes Signs and Graphics
Box 1232 172 adams street
Afton, Wyoming 83110

Posts: 82 | From: Afton, Wyoming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bubba Fair!

Nice job on the hearse. I really like the bullet holes. Looks a little too real... Hahahhahahaha!

I will check out the website later... I have to watch Court TV right now... [Wink]

Have a great one!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vance Galliher
Visitor
Member # 581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vance Galliher   Author's Homepage   Email Vance Galliher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
......your guys are kicking.!!!....and thanks so much for the music ......just great !! vance

--------------------
vance galliher
springfield,or
http://www.vancegallihersigns.com

Posts: 325 | From: springfield,or. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the kind words guys.

sorry for the bad photos, i shot these with my old 35 mm.
i wish you could see the convex on the heading, "Gus Geeter" it just didn't show in the photos i took.

i got into this one and met a helluva blues singer to boot.

Gus first showed me an old photo of him standing next to another hearse he owned back in 1964!

he is truly a southern gentleman of the blues.

the guy is in his 60's and he was almost doing backflips in the parking lot when him and his son came to pick the hearse up today.

what was so freaky was me driving it around to the back of my shop.(first time i ever drove a hearse! LOL)

my next door neighbor in the dental lab came out and said, "mark, i will believe you when you say, "business is dead" hahaha

business comes from the strangest places sometimes.

mark

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, that is SO GOOD!

The bullet holes are really fine, I love the variations in them, size, angle,DAMAGE!!!

Is the Portrait hand painted?

btw, is the Disney film done(your part)? Sounded like a dream project, hard work but Good Work??

John Lennig / SignRider

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks john lennig,
the job was all vinyl with a signpainter's attitude.
i used all avery hp vinyl.
the colors were imitation gold, primose yellow, sapphire blue, dark blue, metallic silver and carnation.

the portrait and bullet holes were printed on the edge(i don't own one so i subbed it out with tight reign on color corrections.)

this was a fun project because of the client i dealt with.

i cannot comment at the moment on anything movie related due to contractual agreements.

it won't be long until i will have a lot to say. LOL

thanks man,

mark

now back to our regularly scheduled program on...
Letterville Radio

[Smile]

[ February 15, 2003, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Mark Fair Signs ]

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 14 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Stuff MArk!!!
This just goes to prove that THIS is the best job in the world!
Rock on Mark, Rock on GUS!!
Say Mark, how's that Hearse on Gas Milege? We need Gus here in 2005!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work Mark, I'm one huge Blues fan, can't get enough of it!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!