Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » carved, blasted and gold leaf

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: carved, blasted and gold leaf
Chris Lovelady
Resident

Member # 2540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Lovelady   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this was blasted out of spruce....it was a bad choice in wood but made some great grain patern. also the carving took useing a mallet in stead of using just my hands.6x6 posts and custom made bracket. also this was a 2 sided sign. the sub copy was leafed through a stencil then pealed...it was the cleanest surface guild that i have done.

chris

-
 -

--------------------
"We have been making house calls since 1992"

Chris Lovelady
Vital Signs

NOW WITH 2 LOCATIONS!
Tallahassee, Florida
Thomasville, Ga.

www.vitalsignsllc.com
1-850-893-0674

Posts: 707 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Caissie
Visitor
Member # 2673

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Brian Caissie   Email Brian Caissie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Looks Great!!!!!

--------------------
BRIAN CAISSIE

7 Dewey St.
Unit 11
Natick, Ma 01760

Posts: 99 | From: Natick, Ma | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor Glenn Taylor has just turned 57
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks great. But why spruce?

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn you took the exact words out of my mouth [Smile]

[ February 16, 2003, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Bob Stephens ]

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Lovelady
Resident

Member # 2540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Lovelady   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
supplied by customer.

--------------------
"We have been making house calls since 1992"

Chris Lovelady
Vital Signs

NOW WITH 2 LOCATIONS!
Tallahassee, Florida
Thomasville, Ga.

www.vitalsignsllc.com
1-850-893-0674

Posts: 707 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor Glenn Taylor has just turned 57
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good answer! [Big Grin]

It reminds me of a customer we had several years ago. He brought in a sign blank that he wanted for us to sandblast. It was made from pressure treated pine.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris....

May I offer one critique? It seems to me the sign would have been a lot better with a dark finish. Keeping the wood a light tone like you have is too close in value to the gold lettering. No matter how good you do the actual leafing, the sign will always be hard to read. I can barely make out the secondary copy.If the area behind the copy had been a dark oxford brown, then it would have read much better.Then you could leave a wide border around the sign in a natural tone if you still wanted some of the lighter color showing. I know you didn't ask for critical comments, but I just couldn't resist on this one, hope you don't mind. [Wink]

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!