Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Before & After

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Before & After
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a project we just sold. Replacing the old sign with our new design. Sign is carved colorcore and aluminum construction with steel post. Crosses at top will be raised gold prismatic along with changeable copy board

Old sign...

-

New proposed sign...

-

[ February 11, 2003, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Bob Stephens ]

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great sign Bob-much nicer

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheryl nordby
Visitor
Member # 1100

Icon 14 posted      Profile for cheryl nordby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Bob!! It is fun seeing your before and afters. What a diff. [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]
Posts: 3729 | From: Seattle | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Norcross
Resident

Member # 3496

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Mike Norcross   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Norcross   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow great job Bob
I think they will be very satisfied with your plans for the new design, it looks great.

--------------------
Mike Norcross
Mikes Signs and Graphics
Box 1232 172 adams street
Afton, Wyoming 83110

Posts: 82 | From: Afton, Wyoming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After its completed I'll post a photo of the finished sign

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good Bob! I'm gonna have to drive to Zephyrhills for a visit and get some pointers!

With something that large do you have to get engineered drawings made for a permit?

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Yes Amy. This sign is in Tampa and I am waiting on the engineered drawing now before I can pull a permit. Most of the counties now are getting very strict about permitting. It just isnt worth the hassle involved in trying to sneak one in. Sooner or later it will come back to haunt you and its easier now than later. Generally its the client who balks about the added costs but they might as well just suck it up now than pay more later.

The permit should'nt cost more than $300 including the drawings. I sold this sign for $11,000.00 permit fee seems petty in light of the value of the sign

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

TJ Duvall
Visitor
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TJ Duvall   Author's Homepage   Email TJ Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice design Bob, just curious as to how you are going to do the crosses. I am familiar with colorcore and was wondering, how you will attatch them to your sign?

--------------------
TJ Duvall
Diamond State Graphics, Inc.

New Castle, DE 19720

Posts: 396 | From: New Castle,Delaware | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Going to prismatic carve the crosses from HDU and then inlay into colorcore and secure in place from the back of the sign with screws.

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goddinfla   Email goddinfla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bob, I did the old sign a long long time ago. They certainly didn't have the budget they have now. I gave them options of a nice carved sign and a plainer mdo sign. They went cheap and then said they understood that they were getting carved. Because I was referred by a friend and a customer I made part of it carved. Have fun taking it down, it was built on an old existing electric sign base. The mdo on it is 1". It has been looking pretty sad for a while now. Good to see a fellow letterhead get the job. Give me a holler some time when you're in Tampa.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Posts: 1050 | From: Tampa Fl USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Hey Dennis. Will definately have to get together. I can see why you had problems with them. They tried like hell to mess with me but I never budge on my terms. Seems everyone wants to drive Mercedes thesed days but can only afford Chevy's.

I feel they are still getting a good bargain for the price. They better appreciate it or I'll hunt them down in hell.

I looked the sign over carefully and see what you mean. A torch to the two steel pipes should get rid of the old one fast. I even keep a couple of sticks of dynamite in the truck for the really stubborn ones.

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!