Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » The Hat Lady's Pt Cruiser

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Hat Lady's Pt Cruiser
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this one has been a real learning experience for me.
the client was very satisfied.
she is thinking about buying another one!

edge print on hp vinyl and perforated window film.

-

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arvil Shep' Shepherd
Deceased

Member # 2030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arvil Shep' Shepherd   Author's Homepage   Email Arvil Shep' Shepherd       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, the cast iron skillet must have been real hot at the "Flying Biscuit Antique Sign Co." to have turned out such a great looking job!!!!!!!

Way to go "Bubba"

Shep'

[ November 19, 2002, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Arvil Shep' Shepherd ]

--------------------
Arvil Shep' Shepherd
Art by Shep'
--------
" Those who dance are thought to be mad by those who cannot hear the music "

Posts: 1281 | From: Mt Airy NC | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks shep!

here is a detail shot...

-

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heehee!
This one is fun!

Good job Mark.

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Job Mark, The edge is so much fun is'nt it?

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Ursta
Visitor
Member # 1738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan Ursta   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan Ursta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark,
This might be a no brainer question... but I was wondering how you got her shoulder around the door handle so perfectly? Did you take it off?
I'd like to know [Smile]

Ryan

--------------------
Ryan Ursta
Ursta Graphics
116 B North Mercer Avenue
Sharpsville Pa. 16150
Call: 724•962•2206
"We make YOU look good"

Known as "Ugraph" on mirc

Posts: 558 | From: Sharpsville Pa. USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the kind words nettie and neil.

ryan,
i rubbed stick charcoal on the door handle, then positioned the image on the door with the backing still on. i rubbed where the door handle was and this transfered a faint image of the door handle placement, i removed from vehicle and and cut out where the charcoal smudge was from the back.

i hope this makes sence.

mark

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Terry Whynott
Resident

Member # 1622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Whynott   Email Terry Whynott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turned out great! I liked the original drawing with OD's paws hanging out of the window, but I know how customers like to change things. [Wink]

How was the install? The spot I have a hard time with is right where her wrist/bracelet is. Did you do the big print on the back too?

--------------------
Terry Whynott
Walkerton, Ontario

Posts: 1230 | From: Walkerton, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks terry.
you are right, the area just below her hand and bracelet was a "bitch".
i had to re-print this area on the first side because i "wrinkled it royally" LOL

it was extremely hard to get the vinyl to conform to this "compound" body curve.
(sign surgery was required.)

thanks everyone for the mora and technical support on earlier posts when i had questions about the perforated window film.

i learned a lot.(who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?) [Wink]

mark(old dog)

here is a photo of the back.

-

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 16 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good Mark! Thanks for the Charcoal Rubbing tip!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, that is coooooool! That would scare the beejeebys out of the people here in harlan though.
THey aint used to that sort of thang. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Evans
Visitor
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Evans   Email Bruce Evans       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good Job on that one Mark. The key to that wrist area is to squegee the print down while pullin on it kinda tight, but don't squegee with the contour...just squegee up to that point. Then lightly squegge it toward the very bottom whicl still pulling tight. You'd really be just squegeeing it at the high points. Then you carefully remove the transfer tape and use a heat gun or torch and heat it in with your fingers. This is tough to describe...i need to make a mpeg video of this one of these days.

--------------------
Bruce Evans
Crown Graphics
Chino, CA
graphics@westcoach.net

Posts: 912 | From: Chino, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark,

This is original. Gee, the dog is the icing!
really works!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to see the finished item..I read your previous posts, and having bought an EDge earlier in the summer find all these ideas of interest..

Well Done.

--------------------
Henry Barker #1924akaKaftan
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Crothers
Visitor
Member # 2888

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Brian Crothers   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Crothers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, did you use laser perforated vinyl or punched perforated vinyl? cheers brian

--------------------
Brian Crothers
CR Signs
1790 C Tamarac St.
Campbell River B.C. V9W 3M6
briancrothers@crsigns.ca

Posts: 82 | From: Campbell River B.C. Canada | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!