Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Daycare Sign

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Daycare Sign
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 7 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did this one recently for a local Daycare facility. MDO board and all paint. Some one shot, and some acrylic. These kind of jobs are fun to do. I love kids. [Smile]
 -

[ June 15, 2002, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: John Deaton III ]

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Darnell
Visitor
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Darnell   Email Bob Darnell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool, John. It's got a very appropriate feel to it.

--------------------
Bob Darnell
London, Ontario, Canada

Excellent Signs

Posts: 595 | From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, that is very clever!! I love the color combos and the graphics are great!!!

What ya get for it, if i may ask?

A:)

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VICTORGEORGIOU
Visitor
Member # 474

Icon 6 posted      Profile for VICTORGEORGIOU   Email VICTORGEORGIOU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cutting the bottom to the shape of the train is a nice touch. A very effective sign - makes you look. Vic G

--------------------
Victor Georgiou
Danville, CA , USA

Posts: 1746 | From: Danville, CA , USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheryl nordby
Visitor
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheryl nordby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very cute! [Smile]
Posts: 3729 | From: Seattle | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Caissie
Visitor
Member # 2673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Caissie   Email Brian Caissie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job John, cool idea!

--------------------
BRIAN CAISSIE

7 Dewey St.
Unit 11
Natick, Ma 01760

Posts: 99 | From: Natick, Ma | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You get all the cool jobs! I love it. I love my kid too!

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta smile at that one!

I love it!

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 7 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! On this job, the owner called and said she needed a sign, and wanted the name and phone number on it, and somewhere a train, and her little girl loved teddy bears, and I threw the little baby in myself. After I showed her the sketch, she was really excited. I love these kind of jobs. If I can, I like to use shapes, uniform and odd, in all my signs. Don't always get to, but I try. Although I have become a vinyl addict, I still try to get my brushes wet as much as possible too. I have an 8' by 16' billboard to do this week, all paint. Using the plotter to make patterns, but doing it all by hand. Ill post it when I get it done. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Davis
Visitor
Member # 1408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Davis   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice work John, it should be very effective.

--------------------
"Don't change horses in midstream, unless you spot one with longer legs" bronzeo oti
Jack Davis
1410 Main St
Joplin, MO 64801
www.imagemakerart.com
jack@imagemakerart.com

Posts: 1549 | From: Joplin, MO | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jackson Smart
Visitor
Member # 187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackson Smart   Author's Homepage   Email Jackson Smart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....oh yeah! [Cool]

--------------------
Jackson Smart
Jackson's Signs
Port Angeles, WA
...."The Straits of Juan De Fuca in my front yard and Olympic National Park in my backyard...

"Living on Earth is expensive...but it does include a free trip around the Sun"

Posts: 1000 | From: Port Angeles, Washington | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KEN SCOTT
Visitor
Member # 2979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KEN SCOTT   Email KEN SCOTT       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, Nice Work. You should let everyone know that you drew the artwork all out by hand.. No clip art in that Sign...Thats too cool.
Ken

--------------------
Kenneth Scott
Ken's Custom Tees
311 River Road
Cumberland, Ky 40823
kenscott@setel.com

Posts: 31 | From: Cumberland Kentucky | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richard marazsky
Visitor
Member # 3069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richard marazsky   Author's Homepage   Email richard marazsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should let everyone know that you drew the artwork all out by hand.. No clip art in that Sign

which reminds me, are we ever going to see any more adventures of Henrietta?

http://www.deatondesigns.com/flash/Henriettas_Revenge.swf

--------------------
Richard Marazsky
Logicalmedia
Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!