Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Flames on a "bike"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flames on a "bike"
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got these pics back from a customer in California.. I sent him a package of vinyl flames ready to apply and they turned out pretty nice for vinyl! The drop shadow was added by his painter when he ran out and had these flames burried under clearcoat (ugh)..

These are larger images so i'll just put links to them instead of making you wait for em to load here..

Tank flames after airbrushing them, still on release liner

Tank flames after application

Front fender

Rear fender

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kewl flames;how thick is the vinyl and how did you prep if I may ask?

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randy it's 2 mil Avery A8 vinyl, scuffed with 600 grit sandpaper before doing the patterned effect on it with Createx pearl blue and pearl silver.

--------------------

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Caissie
Visitor
Member # 2673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Caissie   Email Brian Caissie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work, it must feel good to see it leave you and still end up professional looking.

Brian Caissie

--------------------
BRIAN CAISSIE

7 Dewey St.
Unit 11
Natick, Ma 01760

Posts: 99 | From: Natick, Ma | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joel Peters
Visitor
Member # 622

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Joel Peters   Email Joel Peters       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, Really nice work. I enjoyed the pics.

Good job!

Joel [Wink]

--------------------
Joel H. Peters
Peter Pan Sign Graphics
Cary,Il.
"Doin' it Good since 1974"

Posts: 114 | From: Cary,IL,USA | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Davis
Visitor
Member # 1408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Davis   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job Mike. I haven't did a bike for years. Did you shoot over the vinyl with clear? Does it not leave a ridge or do you sand and re-shoot until flat? Thanks, Jack

--------------------
"Don't change horses in midstream, unless you spot one with longer legs" bronzeo oti
Jack Davis
1410 Main St
Joplin, MO 64801
www.imagemakerart.com
jack@imagemakerart.com

Posts: 1549 | From: Joplin, MO | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys, this is the first job I've sold using the pattern effect RT taught me at Fred's meet (using waterbased paints, water and air to create the pattern) and it was pretty cool watching it turn out as well as it did!

Jack, I sprayed clearcoat on the vinyl before I sent it out to the customer as I do with most of my jobs when I add paint to them. This was a "Ready To Apply" job I did and stuck in the mail... but once the customer applied the vinyl to that Suzuki, he liked it so much he ran out and had the vinyl cleared over. I dont know if the painter sanded out the tape edge or not.

--------------------

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They look great on that bike Mike! Good job.

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda Silver Eagle
Visitor
Member # 274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda Silver Eagle   Author's Homepage   Email Linda Silver Eagle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stickie,

I think you're on to sompn! <wink>

--------------------
Linda Welborn
Aigle D'Argent

678-292-3102

http://www.precious101.com

Posts: 2501 | From: GA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!