Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » The Portfolio Table » Not as cool as J.T.'s, but.......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not as cool as J.T.'s, but.......
Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's some faux brickwork out front of our shop.
Whacha think?

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Posts: 438 | From: Williamsport, PA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that is REALLY nice!

Is it a wood frame with faux painted bricks? It looks very realistic!

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heck, Jonathan, that looks great! It works as a package. i like how the brick makes a great horizontal frame for the sign and that the sign fits the brick space well.

You guys live in beautiful area. i have often told people that if I ever won the Lotto, that is one of the places that would be on the short list of places to live. I never have quite figured out what that thing in front of Lycoming Mall is... LOL! [Smile]

Have a great one!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheryl nordby
Visitor
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheryl nordby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is very cool Jonathan!
Posts: 3729 | From: Seattle | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.T. Gazaway
Visitor
Member # 2001

Icon 16 posted      Profile for J.T. Gazaway   Author's Homepage   Email J.T. Gazaway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me? Not as cool? Ha! I'm so flattered I can hardly type. I wouldn't even know how to begin to make letters like that. This is the kind of sign I want to make when I grow up. Thanks a million for the kudos but, jeeeeeeez.

--------------------
J.T. Gazaway
J.T. Graphic Design
www.jt-graphicdesign.com
jt@jt-graphicdesign.com

Posts: 254 | From: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johathan

Would you like a Hats off!

Well you got it from my side of the World!

It is to much to handle, but you knew how to!!!!!! [Wink]

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob Clark
Visitor
Member # 787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob Clark   Email Rob Clark       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very fine indeed, it's great fun to "fool the eye"

RobC

--------------------
Rob Clark
Rob Clark Design
11 Lassig st
Moore Park Queensland Australia

Posts: 421 | From: Australia | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh gang....you've got me blushin' [Embarrassed] . Thanks for the kind words.

Suelynn: You've almost got it. It's a wooden box that has been skinned with ¾" HDU. The HDU had the "mortar" lines routed into it, then the whole thing was dusted with a sandblaster to give it some texture. The sign panel is also HDU, as are the prizmatic letters. The finish is Sherwin Williams exterior latex house paint (except the gold of course.) This was one of the few signs that envoled everyone at the shop, it was a real group effort so I can't take all the credit, much as I'd like to [Razz]

Bruce: Yup, it is a pretty area. I moved here about 4 years ago from Allentown/Philly, sure is quiet by comparison though. That abomination in front of the mall is a great mystery I asked pretty much everyone about it, including the mayor, and never got the same answer twice [Eek!] .

J.T. Hey, I want to get a magazine article printed when I grow up! Seriously, those "busted wall" signs are about the coolest thng I've seen in a long time.

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Posts: 438 | From: Williamsport, PA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Nuttle
Visitor
Member # 2645

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Steve Nuttle   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Nuttle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow really cool! It never ceases to amaze me what you can do with HDU! Thanks for sharing.

Best Regards, Steve

--------------------
Steve Nuttle,
http://wyocowboy.freeservers.com/index.html

Posts: 466 | From: Jackson Wy | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jonathan,

I had visited your website last week, and really like your work. That whole presentation caught my eye then, but now that I know it's not really brick .... holy moly!!!!

Awesome work!

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Thanks Nettie (can I call you that?)
If anyone else is interested You can see some more of 21st Century's stuff at:
www.21stcenturysigns.com

Disclaimer: I'm not really here on behalf of 21st Century Signs. We mostly do finished and unfinished wholesale work and I'm just a sign guy [Razz] , so I'm not empowered to quote prices or cut deals.

The nature of the work that we do and my position doesn't really let me stretch my wings much. I do some custom work on the side to stay sharp though, so I'm really here to independently better my personal skills.

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!