Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » BB's return

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BB's return
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a very pleasant surprise to find this board up and running once more! The community here is a treasure to me.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6932 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Arnott
Resident

Member # 215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Arnott   Email John Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought so too

--------------------
John Arnott
El Cajon CA
619 596-9989
signgraphics1@aol.com
http://www.signgraphics1.com

Posts: 1447 | From: El Cajon CA usa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I might be the only one it happened to.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2353 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Boros
Resident

Member # 8487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Boros   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Boros   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what the problem was?

--------------------
Gary Boros
SIGNWORKS STUDIOS LLC
New Milford, Connecticut, USA

GBoros@SignworksStudios.com

Posts: 280 | From: New Milford, Connecticut, USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be interesting for us all to update our photos here that are better than twenty years old.I come here and get to feel like a kid again though.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6932 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was happy to see it back up also. I don't post much....but I still visit it frequently.

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 631 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to be home again.

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1932 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Author's Homepage   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh, so happy the BB is up again. Now if I could just fiqure out how to post pics I'd be gold.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 4052 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Boros
Resident

Member # 8487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Boros   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Boros   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HERE'S THE INSTRUCTIONS:

BOOKMARK THIS PAGE AND CLICK ON IT:

http://www.letterville.com/album/

THEN IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

Resident's Only Upload Photo Album

This form can be used to upload photos into The Letterville Uploadable Photo Album. This service is provided for Letterville Residents Only !

This courtesy is in place to provide an easy way for Letterville Residents to display images on the Letterville BullBoard and the Letterville Auction only. It is not to be used as a personal storage area or an area to upload photo's for non-residents. Linking to these images from other Internet forums or web pages is not fair to Letterville as it costs money to host these files and supply the bandwidth to display them. Doing so is not allowed.

Tips for Preparing Your Images

Images with many gradations of colour, such as photographic images are best saved in the JPG format. Images with few gradations such as logos and artwork may be better saved as a GIF. If you are using JPG, you can use the compression options to drastically bring the file size down without much visible difference between it and the original.

Images should be saved at a resolution of 72 dpi. Higher resolutions just aren't needed for display on the web.

Images should not be more than 500 pixels wide.

Following these guidelines will create smaller graphics, which will load faster for everyone and will reduce bandwidth use at our end.

Rules
Files must be in gif, jpg, bmp or png format.
All uploads are logged for security purposes.
No nudity, obscenity or objectionable materials may be posted.
Uploads may be edited for size or content.
All files must either be original, or have the permission of the photographer prior to posting.
Photos become public property once posted here.
Uploads may not be larger than 60 kilobytes.
Anyone breaching these rules will have their account disabled.

If you agree to the above rules click on the "I Agree" link below.

Do you agree to these terms of use?

I Agree I Disagree

THEN IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

How To Upload One of Your Images

Fill in the fields below with your Letterville username and password, if they are not already filled in.
Click on the Browse button and a dialog box will appear showing the files on your computer.
Use the dialog box to navigate to and select the image you wish to upload. Then click "Open"
Select which category you wish to upload to - either for the Bullboard or for TheAuction.
Give your image a Title and Description if you wish.
Finally, click the button labeled "Upload"

Username:
Gary Boros
Password:
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
File #1: No file chosen
Category:
-->BullBoard
Title:
Description:
Please note that processing this form and uploading the image may take several minutes to complete.

How To Insert the Image into a Post on the Bullboard

After the Upload has completed, click on the View Recent Uploads link and then click on the image you just uploaded. A new page will open. The address you need to insert into your Letterville message will be displayed below the image you selected.

You can either simply write the address down on a piece of paper exactly as it appears on the screen, or you can copy the address to your computer's clipboard by hovering your mouse over the address, clicking your right mouse button and selecting "Copy Shortcut" or "Copy link address".

When you are typing your message on the Bullboard and ready to insert the image, you need to surround the address with some special codes to tell the bulletin board that it needs to display an image. You need to type [IMG] before your address and [/IMG] after the address for your image to display in the message. There can be no spaces between these codes and your address.

So you might type something like this into your message:

-

If you had used the copy commands mentioned above to copy the address, you can simply paste the address (hold down the CTRL key and hit "V" on your keyboard) between the [IMG] and [/IMG] tags instead of typing it all out. To make things even easier, you can learn to use the Instant UBB Code buttons that are below every New Post or New Reply that you type.

After you submit the message, the image will appear in your message for everyone to see.

--------------------
Gary Boros
SIGNWORKS STUDIOS LLC
New Milford, Connecticut, USA

GBoros@SignworksStudios.com

Posts: 280 | From: New Milford, Connecticut, USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Peterson
Visitor
Member # 70

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Peterson   Author's Homepage   Email Chuck Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was the end of an era. Glad to be back!

--------------------
Chuck Peterson Designs
San Diego, CA

Posts: 1102 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Smith
Resident

Member # 1308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Smith   Email John Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my photo is maybe 10 years old, but I still look the same. but, longer beard and ponytail.
and I've been here 21 years - wow - and have met some of the most fabulous people I could ever hope to meet.

--------------------
John Smith
Kings Bay Signs (Retired)
Kissimmee, Florida

Posts: 832 | From: Central Florida - The Sunshine State | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, a breath of fresh air.

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Conroe, TX

Posts: 2503 | From: Conroe, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad it is back up too. Hope all of you are doing well.

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2635 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Embarrassed to say, I haven't been here in quite a while. I called Barb tonight to say hi. Hope all of you are doing well - I love y'all...

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4119 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!