Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Who is going to Letterhead's 40th?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who is going to Letterhead's 40th?
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering who has already registered to attend the 40th Letterhead University/Gathering n September? (or is this list posted somewhere else already?)

I hope to register by next week.....who else is considering it? Please chime in....this should be fun.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now I am 50/50.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Signdog will be there, stickers in paw.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm planning on going; but don't know if I'm going to be able to get away. I know it'll be a terrific event, and very educational.

Cincinnati's my home-town, and I've still got quite a few friends and family there. It'd be good to take a few extra days and visit.

But I've got some commitments with the city and the church, that I've got to try and work around.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see my friends.
The idea of paying that much to do it is disturbing.
Letterheads should be a low budget event...share what you know, teach the younger guys,etc.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Sacks:
I'd like to see my friends.
The idea of paying that much to do it is disturbing.
Letterheads should be a low budget event...share what you know, teach the younger guys,etc.

I would love to go, but the way things are going, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to swing it.

Like Ricky said, I wish it was more affordable.

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 746 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be there - teaching a layout and design class with my hero Gary Anderson.

Yes, it's fair amount of money, but the information you will gain far out weighs the cost. Over the years I've been to dozens of these and I couldn't afford to go to any of them...but I'm surely glad that I did. They have more than paid for themselves by what I've learned from the greats in our profession.

And don't think anyone is getting rich by putting this thing on. The committee has been working for a year on all the details...and no one gets paid.

Anyone can host one of these things that want to - just speak up and put out an invitation. The folks that are putting this one on have done several in the past 40 years. And every one has been a sacrifice of time and shop expense. And they do it because of their love for the craft and desire to share what they know with others.

Come and join in the fun and learning. My advice is that you not sit and wait for someone to help you - you get off your stool and help someone else. It will mean a lot more to you.

There will be some things that go wrong and not everyone is going to be 100% pleased, but we have tried to foresee as much as we can and to keep the cost as low as possible.

The deadline for hotel registration is just around the corner. Don't delay and find yourself without a place to stay. There's a lot of events happening in town that same week.

Hope to see you there.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ray, if a person elects not to pay the full $400 for all the classes, and just goes the $250 to go and be "in it", there'll still be lots to do and things to learn....won't there?

That would save some people some money.

[ July 20, 2015, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! Certainly. There will be all kinds of happenings at the museum all four days of the meet if you choose not to take the classes. There will be all the stuff that normally happens at a Letterhead gathering during those four days. After the classes have concluded for the day, the students and instructors will be able to gather at the museum for all the impromptu things that are a vital part of the Letterheads.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there will some Walldogging going on outside so I think anyone can get in on that learning experience.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin W. Betz
Resident

Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin W. Betz   Email Kevin W. Betz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats for Dinner ?

--------------------
Kevin Betz
KB Sign Company
21321 Ulrich
Clinton Township, MI 48036
kbsigncompany@att.net

Posts: 229 | From: Detroit, MI | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for responding guys and gals....I have just registered online.

I did hum and haw over the price(coming from Canada we must add 25% more because of the current value of our dollar! Yikes!)....but decided this is a good investment in me.

There are always hard costs for meals, catering, meeting rooms, etc...Where else can you get so much bang for your buck and see and meet your sign friends and such talent. Call me crazy, but I am worth it.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Susan...That is the Letterhead Spirit that has driven this phenomenon as far and wide as it is today...good on you. I hope you win the Sign Kit!

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really wish I could go but due to other conflicts I cannot make it. I think the price is very reasonable and would gladly pay it.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1265 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Some workshops that I've attended have far less and cost anywhere from two to three times what this one does.

Looking back over the past 40 years I've gained far more than I've spent. Just meeting David Butler is worth the price of admission...and Susie, too.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Kent Smith
Resident

Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Kent Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Ray and David. Also look at my post which is actually from Judi.

--------------------
Kent Smith
Smith Sign Studio
P.O.Box 2385,
Estes Park, CO 80517-2385
kent@smithsignstudio.com

Posts: 1025 | From: Estes Park, CO | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to but I will be having major back surgery toward the end of the summer and will likely be too feeble, both physically and financially, to make it.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!