Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » FOR ALL THOSE COVERED IN SNOW))))) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: FOR ALL THOSE COVERED IN SNOW)))))
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
next week here ............
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those will be our temperatures and we'll be enjoying the outdoors while you run for cover from the Hurricane that's coming to kick your Karma Ass [Smile]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I was thinking how beautiful it is with the trees all covered in snow, and ice. We have the driveway plowed and I use a snow blower for the rest. It's not a bad thing, takes less time than cutting the grass in the Summer [Smile] And it's a great excuse to light a fire in the fireplace. It's like camping without the bugs.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's snowin' again!

I'll take cold temps and dry powdery snow over freezing rain and ice any day -- except for the driftin and white outs.

Ice will bring down power lines and that's a hassle. But since I married the farmer's daughter,
we've always got plenty of food in the house in case we've got to batten down the hatches.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ice is pretty much what we got. I closed the shop Wednesday and Thursday because the parking lot was one big ice rink. It was nearly an 1" thick.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey bob.......couple of pictures for ya....when its 70 degrees here and when its 40 degrees here....
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

-

[ February 14, 2014, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we ended up with a foot of snow here in the foothills,....the sun is shining and its going away fast,.....at least we got a coupla days off here,and the kids and dogs got to play,..,

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey OP .... who needs a fire in the stove?

Here is what it is like here!

-

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...O.P., you always keep those knick-knacks on top of the stove when it's blazing like that? Is that yellow one a candle, or a glass of OJ? Maybe you're just practicing your Photoshop skills?
I'm kiddin' man.
It's been so cold here that I've had to change techniques and tools. My shop is an OLD chicken shed, made of boards which have dried and left big gaps between them. It turns the wind into a breeze. Heat would be a waste of time. Didn't matter so much in previous winters. They tell me we got down to -8 F one of the nights I had to letter a sign. Latex is out of the question. Alkyd still works, works better than expected. Metal draws heat away from your body really bad at those temps, so everything gets replaced by wood. A drum stick with a eraser on the end is my new malstick. Turpentine has been working without any glitches, but, holding a paper cup of -8 degree paint makes those fingers get tingly, probable step 1 of frostbite. So I took an additional cup, with a little piece of torn rag in the bottom, then put the paint cup in it. Acts like an insulator. Every 15 or 20 minutes I work with a Russian kettle weight, to keep warm. Paint dries within 12 hours, I was impressed.
I have to sleep by the wood stove, our only heat in the house; and load it full every 45 or 50 minutes. That amount usually goes for 2 or 3 hours. I also go through the house and run every faucet. In spite of that and a big drip, we still had pipes freeze twice.
By the way, when it gets UP TO 40, that's when we let the stove go out. Clean the ashes, enjoy the warm weather.

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger MacMunn
Visitor
Member # 4316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rodger MacMunn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe, you can keep that beach ..... it looks like you'd have to walk for miles to find any shade.

It's hard to accomplish much when it's cold & snowy, but I accomplish absolutely nothing when the temp gets over 85*F. I'll work from 1am until it gets too hot & then go sit in the basement & kill a few beer. If I do have top work in the heat, I take my T-shirt & soak it in ice water & put it on wet ....... that works for close to an hour.

I'm not as tough as James though ...... our heat stays on until at least the high 50s.

--------------------
Rodger MacMunn
T.R. MacMunn & Sons
C.P.207, Sharbot Lake, ON
613-279-1230
trmac@frontenac.net

Posts: 472 | From: Sharbot Lake, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

james.....the stove is not like a regular stove. it is a fire box, inside of another steel box. there is a 3 sp temp controlled fan on the bottom, pulls in cool air from the floor and pushes it between the inside box and outside box....and the heated air comes out vents on the sides(behind the doors)!!!
this stove was made in n.carolina by BAT CAVE STOVE CO. sold to CAROLINA STOVE. mine can also be a fireplace insert, take off the legs!!!! you can see the fan and the vents in this pic...the top never get hot enough to melt the candle))))
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just have to say, O.P. that Beach looks DANG GOOD about right now! I am so over winter and driving on nasty roads. LOL Up here in Michigan, this is the way our winters use to be - we have had a few easy years...so we were due....but snow on the ground since Thanksgiving - now it can leave. Would love to be sitting on that beach in the hot sun! [Smile]

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 574 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OP...I really like the stove...the one we have is a toy...a tiny tiny fire box that will only take a 14" stick...it came with the 1,000 sq ft cabin we bought...when we get another I'd like to get one like you have...I suppose that lower front panel is the ash tray.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd much rather sweat than shiver.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

rusty, that lower box....is a boxed in fan....and i have to give credit to a couple a guys(curt and couple others i was never told who) who chipped in to pay the shipping from sodus ny. MIKE BOONE found the stove, i paid $200 for it.....spent $600.00 for the chimney and installed it myself.

[ February 15, 2014, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your weather and ours are about the same, next week. YYAAAAYYYYYY!Y!!!!!
And another YYAAAAYYY!!!!

I'm so damn sick of the cold, and we've had some ice too. Almost reminds me of back up in Ohio. Well, no, not really. We had some REAL cold there, and they're gettin' it now!

I guess as I get older (not really) and with the BP issues I've had, I just can't handle real cold anymore. Below about 40, my hands and feet get numb; sometimes even in the house. Sucks! My shop is pretty bare-bones, with no heat or A/C, and many days this winter, I just couldn't handle it.

We've got a gas fireplace in the house, and on several occasions, I've spent a good many minutes, wanting to be IN the fire. James, you're a better man than I.

I can remember my mom talking about being in grade school (1920's or so) in a 1 room school house, with their chairs around a pot-bellied stove in the middle of the room. She said some days, the body of the stove glowed, from the heat.

[ February 15, 2014, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This pot belly stove, about 30 inches high, burned coal and heated a top floor loft, in New York's SOHO district, that was 1450 sq ft, 12 foot ceilings, bare brick walls with no plaster, and lots of windows. Warm enough in the winter to sit around in shirtsleeves. One load of coal at night would keep the place warm until morning. Then another load kept it warm all day.
The chimney ran up about 8 ft and then across and out the window about 12 ft away.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23771315@N02/12548354633/  -
Dont know why the pic failed to post. You'll have to click on the URL.

[ February 15, 2014, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Dennis Kiernan ]

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

DO IT THIS WAY

-

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, we like to keep ours going up into the 50s too, but at about 40 people start fergittin' to add more wood.
O.P. with how good you look in that picture, and your description of the stove, maybe you can pick up commissions for selling them.
I don't consider myself that tough, it's just that most of my life consists of figuring a way out of problems using my hands and mind.
I keep wondering, what do sign painters in Alaska or Russia do?

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Boros
Resident

Member # 8487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Boros   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Boros   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what all the fuss is about, after all it is just winter isn't it? I'm not gonna let it bother me, I think I'll just go throw a couple of steaks on the grill, dust off the picnic table and enjoy the weather. By the way here's a shot of my deck from my kitchen window today....

-

[ February 16, 2014, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Gary Boros ]

--------------------
Gary Boros
SIGNWORKS STUDIOS LLC
Monroe, Connecticut, USA

Posts: 264 | From: Monroe, Connecticut, USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
typically the folks up in the northern climates tolerate cold more than hot and folks down in the southern climates tolerate hot more than cold- which is a good thing, because it's usually the weather you are stuck with.

I'm from the southern weather persuasion- I don't care how hot and humid it gets, I can always find a place that has ice cold air conditioning to stay comfortable. On the other hand, I can't say the same for cold weather- it takes me a long time to ever warm up once the temps drop. And I can't even imagine the levels of snow, ice and super below 0 temps that others don't even blink at- that is just crazy and not for me.

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in the middle, as a kid I could tolerate either one really well. Now that I am older I don't tolerate either one very well, but I still prefer the heat.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2273 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

well it hasn't snowed in a day or so, I'm getting withdrawals, but hey tomorrow another 3-5 inches [Smile]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
snowin' again. snow on top of snow on top of snow.

it's affecting my ice fishin'
can't get to the lake
can't find the lake
supposed to be in the 40's the rest of the week

so it'll be slush on top of slush on top of slush

but ... there'll be a beer waitin' for me when I get home, so let 'er snow!

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

WELL...... i sure can speak on this from both extremes. i grew up in western pa 1945-1965. didnt know anything other then snow taller then me(1951 got something like 3-4 feet). drove in this stuff all those years and survived. i joined the air foce 1965......asked for EGLIN AFB FL.........they sent me to LORING MAINE...for 4 years!!!!!!! i learned to snow ski, snowmobile, survive in -75 below weather.took me 8 years of that realize i hated it!!!! 1973 i came back to PA. was living there in the blizzard 1977-78. my mom died in 78, and january 1981......I LEFT FOR SARASOTA FL.
LOVED IT!!! the beach, the girls in bikinis(i was single)parties and the warmth. was really hard to have christmas without snow. but i got over it.)))))stayed there till 1998, with all the growth and concrete and asphalt was not possible to live without a/c.moved to pensacola in 98, we have some cold, we had ice and snow this year FOR 1 DAY)))))we get leaves turn colors, and we have july and august...heat. love it.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had 13" of snow last Friday. This Friday will be in the 60's. We get it all....

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Op...I lived in Pensacola in my early 20's and it was hotter than hell down there...I remember alot of times at red lights these young guys in white shirts and ties holding up Bibles would yell out a hell fire and damnation sermon to the stopped cars...their little sermonites were timed with the light...I was also attacked by these lunatics while going into restaurants that served alcohol and while getting into my car at a mall parking lot...I had heard they were from a local college and actually got school credit for such harassment...I told one of the guys who attacked me in the parking lot that I didn't believe what he was saying so he stood up on the bumper of my car and began yelling out a prayer for the whole parking lot to hear...he prayed that I would have a wreck on my way home as a way to prove to me that what he said was true...his scare tactics didn't work on me or maybe his prayer just didn't get through...whatever I made it home safely...I don't guess this has anything to do with snow it's just something I remember about Pensacola.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shirley Carron   Email Shirley Carron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I look out the window, I can see the top 3' of a no parking sign.

I've usually had enough of winter shortly after Christmas. But, it is what it is.

And the best part of winter is Spring!

Some of the birds are returning now, on sunny milder days, a 'sign ' of spring - and we're past the half way mark now.

I use the winter months to experiment with new products or work on sign samples for the showroom, that I won't have time for as soon as it starts to warm up. Helps pass the time and feel productive.

Sanding Signfoam in a wool sweater isn't much fun though!

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Posts: 503 | From: Arnprior, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Ahh, it's snowing again, brings comfort [Smile]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty, That is hilarious.

Took my family to Disney World last July.
Three words...

Hot . Sweaty. Stinky.

There's not a deoderant that can overcome the Florida sun. At least you can "rinse off" from the daily rain shower.

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

rusty, those are students from PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE...........they teach that god created the world and the dinosaurs and cave man never existed.
was one of the things that really aggravated me 1st time i was subjected to their screaming bible verses. and yes they do get some kinda achievement reward for doing this. the city/county allows it......i guess its part of the freedom of speech thing......but it is really stupid. as for the heat........YEA.... it gets hot here in july, aug sept.....but not as hot as SARASOTA))))) we had snow here....i drove the wife to work.....as she has never driven on roads covered with snow n ice. seen temps deep to 18 here this winter.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

If you lived in that State, you might consider wearing no clothes at all (due to the heat).

WARNING! NUDITY AHEAD:
http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/buying-naked/videos/welcome-to-the-nudist-lifestyle.htm

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's the stove me and Boone got for him. It was mine before it was his. That is,,, I voted for it before I voted against it.

Anyway, its a really nice stove,, we shipped it from new york to p'cola so joe would have some heat in the winter.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is how they handle snow, in New Zealand !!

http://safeshare.tv/w/DYEsPODBwX

Enjoy !

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1180 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Norman Biss
Resident

Member # 335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norman Biss   Email Norman Biss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just so you know that image was taken last winter high up in the Southern Alps of the South Island.Here is an image taken this morning of my grandson on Papamoa Beach where I now live.  -
In retirement and loving it.

--------------------
Norman Biss aka KiwiNorm
Living and working in one of the best countries on earth...
Papamoa Beach, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand norman.biss@gmail.com

Posts: 141 | From: Papamoa Beach, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still, looks very cool.......to me.

Enjoy your retirement, Norman.

That is, absolutely, a gorgeous place to retire:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=667&oq=Papamoa+Beach,+Bay+of+Plenty,+New+Zealand+&gs_l=img.3...2785.2785.0.3090.1.1.0.0.0.0.101.101.0j1.1. 0....0...1ac.2.35.img..1.0.0.d0_ZflKbCHU&q=Papamoa%20Beach,%20Bay%20of%20Plenty,%20New%20Zealand#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=vzgMtgGZFTKmJM%253A%3BtELY2a95uip4yM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.kiw iplanet.co.nz%252Fpapamoa%252Fimages-med%252Fgirl-papamoa-beach.JPG%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.papamoa.co.nz%252F%3B312%3B250

RD

[ February 22, 2014, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1180 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger MacMunn
Visitor
Member # 4316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rodger MacMunn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Norman, that picture is upside down!

--------------------
Rodger MacMunn
T.R. MacMunn & Sons
C.P.207, Sharbot Lake, ON
613-279-1230
trmac@frontenac.net

Posts: 472 | From: Sharbot Lake, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it when people love where they live!

-

And I feel exactly the same way, no matter what the season.

We have four to choose from too! [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna knows I share "Grampa Dan's" opinion of snow. [Bash] [Wink] [Bash]

I have 2 choices, I could be in London Ontario Canada OR I could be where I am.....It's not a tough choice for me!!! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

-

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Donna...I remember seeing this photo taken from your backyard before...I'm enthralled with rhythm of the limb patterns of the tree...with your permission I would like to incorporate that tree into one of my landscapes...I've never done a snow scene before so it would be a challenge...if it turns out OK I'll post it...I can invision the tree on the left bank of a small stream as it meanders along through a snowy meadow on the edge of some woods

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!