Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Vehicle wrap for my truck..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vehicle wrap for my truck..
Gerald Lauze'
Visitor
Member # 6443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerald Lauze'   Author's Homepage   Email Gerald Lauze'       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,

As usual for the past few years, every time I come back to letterville I have to apologize for not being here very often.
I still make the occasional sign and have one very sculptural one to make soon, but that's another post.

I bought myself a new-to-me truck a 2000 Suburban and I can tell you I love it so much more than my 88 GMC pickup. It's all black and I'm thinking of vinyl lettering but I just can't figure out what to do. A full or partial wrap comes to mind.
I would imagine that quite a few of you do this. Any help, advice, price points would be appreciated.

Everything I come up with is just too plain...and I don't do plain [Wink]

Thanks

Gerald

--------------------
Gerald Lauzé
FeatureWorx Creative Fabrication
206-19148 27th ave
Surrey BC

Posts: 264 | From: Cloverdale ( Surrey ) BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Peach
Resident

Member # 2620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Peach   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Peach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please no! There goes this neighborhood too.

--------------------
Bob & Marcia Peach
Peach Signs Inc
Sandwich, MA
rpeach9828@aol.com

Posts: 1020 | From: Sandwich, MA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curt Stenz
Visitor
Member # 82

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Stenz   Email Curt Stenz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have a black Suburban and decided that less is more, just a 3/16" 23k gold stripe outlined with dark purple. And a simple design on the rear.

Just do something that no one else has. Keep it elegant and well executed. I have had more people ask me about the stripe that have never seen gold leaf and don't even know what it is. There are hundreds of wraps around here that are just visual clutter.

Just my opinion.

-

-

--------------------
Curt Stenz Graphics
700 Squirrel Lane
Marathon, WI 54448

Posts: 590 | From: Marathon, WI 54448 | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cal Trauter
Visitor
Member # 10938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cal Trauter   Email Cal Trauter       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Gerald,
I have some fantastic paint ideas.
Sent you an email.
Cheers,
Cal

Posts: 97 | From: Summerland BC | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gerald,
Don't do another thing until you read this months SignCraft article on Vehicle graphics and branding. I can send you a pdf file if you can't find it.

[ July 12, 2013, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Mikes Mischeif ]

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerald Lauze'
Visitor
Member # 6443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerald Lauze'   Author's Homepage   Email Gerald Lauze'       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the comments so far. This has made me think a bit deeper about wraps...it seems I only like them if they are good, but , if they are good, they are just about always good and busy. Im not sold on 'good and busy'. ("good busy and clever" thats a good combo.) I mentioned that the truck is black and I do love the look of a black 'car'. I don't think covering it completely with wild patterns and colours is what I want to do.

I'm stuck...a mental block I guess.

Cal , i'll email you
Mike, I'd love a PDF of the article you mentioned.

Love to hear more. I'll keep you posted on what I hope will be my simple , informative and NOT plain vehicle signage

Thanks
G

--------------------
Gerald Lauzé
206-19148 27th ave
Surrey BC

Posts: 264 | From: Cloverdale ( Surrey ) BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerald Lauze'
Visitor
Member # 6443

Just read that article, Mike. Awesome..

I love the idea of making your fleet of 1 look like a fleet of 50 but i may go for one-of-a-kind.

Maybe 3D letters on the glass in silver with a thin line painted around them..

I have thinking to do.......

G

--------------------
Gerald Lauzé
206-19148 27th ave
Surrey BC

Dan Antonelli
Resident

Member # 86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Antonelli   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Antonelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mikes Mischeif:
Gerald,
Don't do another thing until you read this months SignCraft article on Vehicle graphics and branding. I can send you a pdf file if you can't find it.

Did you like it Mike? I thought it had some good ideas.

--------------------
Dan Antonelli
Graphic D-Signs, Inc.
279 Route 31 South • Suite 4
Washington, NJ
www.graphicd-signs.com
dan@graphicd-signs.com

"Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies. But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be." - Rush

Posts: 1192 | From: Washington, NJ | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Arnott
Resident

Member # 215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Arnott   Email John Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gerald......don't paint on any glass on vehicles!
It won't stay. Vinyl will.

--------------------
John Arnott
El Cajon CA
619 596-9989
signgraphics1@aol.com
http://www.signgraphics1.com

Posts: 1443 | From: El Cajon CA usa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerald Lauze'
Visitor
Member # 6443

Oh that's good to know, John. Thanks

I threw on some quick 7"x24" lettering in white vinyl as I figure out what I want to do.
It won't win me many if any new customers but now at least i don't look like a stealth police vehicle..

--------------------
Gerald Lauzé
206-19148 27th ave
Surrey BC

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!