Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » done today.......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: done today.......
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2'x3' alumicore, with the trim mitered. HP vinyl for text, drawn and painted chair and tree. cut out the bottom to give it 2 legs, for when they set it on the ground leaning against the side of the 59 yellowstone 23' that she tows behind her 1949 3100 "survivor" pickup.
[IMG]  - 2'X3' ALUMICORE, HP VINLY TEXT, HAND PAINTED TREE & CHAIR by joepribish, on Flickr[/IMG]

[ June 29, 2013, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice chair and palm. Amazing how handwork always makes things look better.

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For future reference Joe, state abbreviations are two letters in caps without a period.
Nice chair and palm tree.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.aaawhere.com/us-abbr-name-bt-all.htm

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1180 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, when the customer says...WOULD YOU PUT A PERIOD AFTER THE Fl..........
and i dont give 2 schits....what the rules say. if the rest of the line in upper & lower case,
i would NOT DO BOTH LETTERS IN CAPS... as it would throw off the symmetry of the sign.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The gvmt requires those abbreviations for certain purposes, like mail, but I think you write what you want other times. Like Fla, Ark, Ill, Mass, everybody knows them without stopping to think what they are.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

i still abbreviate Pennsylvania..........PENNA. hahahahahaha and for West Viginia, ITS WEST ...BY GOD..........VIRGINIA))))

[ June 30, 2013, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OP... I'm shocked. You cap even half of your comments.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

CAUSE PEOPLE like you, DONT LIKE IT....and i get no greater pleasure then p.o. people who are ANAL))))))HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

[ July 01, 2013, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Doesn't bother me in the least. to each his own. My comment was trying to be helpful, make you look more professional. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

AND YOU DONT KNOW THESE ARE LAUGH TRAX...)))))))))
now you see why i use caps???? hahahahahahahhaa
oh and the last thing i worry about at 68..is looking professional)))))))))))

[ July 01, 2013, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Doesn't bother me in the least. to each his own. My comment was trying to be helpful, make you look more professional. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

Dave S. Trying to help Joe look "professional" is an exercise in futility!!! [Rolling On The Floor]

When Shirl and I went on a road trip down to Florida, about 15 years ago, Joe was willing to let us visit with him...but the rules were..."Don't arrive before noon"...We arrived at noon and he greeted us in his pajamas (mighta been his Speedo).

He said he never started work before noon!

I could have understood that with a drinker, but Joe doesn't drink.

I decided that he just didn't like to face work????

How can you run a professional business if you don't wake up until noon?

Trying to change Joe Pribish would be like trying to herd a bunch of cats!!! IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Luv Ya Joe...You and Si and Joey are not my heros but my 'old fart friends"! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How can you run a professional business if you don't wake up until noon?
Unlike the Northern residents of the country,, Those above I-10 ,, who go to bed at 830PM and wake up at 430 am and start work at 5 AM,, Southerners tend to wake a little later and start work around 11AM and work hard at it until a little later.. Then party until 2 AM.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

at this age, i find it HARD TO STAY AWAKE......i will never have need of a sleep medication))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Robare M. Novou
Visitor
Member # 3711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robare M. Novou   Author's Homepage   Email Robare M. Novou       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Letterville ain't for people who do it right...it's for people who just do it. Right or Wrong...they just do it.

--------------------
Robare M. Novou
Milwaukee Sign Works
Milwaukee Wisconsin USA

Posts: 21 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

one of the best reasons for SELF EMPLOYMENT....
I DONT WORK.........on other peoples schedules))))))

[ July 02, 2013, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice truck lettering, OP, and the use of space is good! The palm and the chair are definitely giving it some personality too!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Davidson
Visitor
Member # 531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Davidson   Email Bill Davidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fl...?
Flip Flap Flop ?
or Flockoff?

--------------------
Bill'n'Annie Davidson
Heathcote, NSW, Aus.
my Aussie wife,
a Toohey's Old,
my Holden Ute,
Retired from the rat race!

Posts: 309 | From: Heathcote, NSW, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the last thing i worry about at 68..is looking professional
Ok...thanks, you've finally cleared up a lot of questions. lol.....

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

i saw TOOD GILL posted...and before i got here, i KNEW IT HAD TO BE SOME SMART ARSE REMARK........
you mean to tell me...it took you till NOW....to realize......i aint like the rest of ya?????hahahahahahahahahaha

[ July 06, 2013, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...duh!

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To quote a modern-day Philosopher...

"I live by my own rules, JACK (reviewed, revised, and approved by my wife).. but still my own."
- Si Robertson

-

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goddinfla   Email goddinfla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh TOOD, what TOKK you so long to get in on this.

Also it should be '59, just sayin'.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Posts: 1050 | From: Tampa Fl USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

the T-O-O-D.......was intentional))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL.... just messing with you OP. I think it's great that you still make people happy with your artwork.... and put a little $$ in your pocket too.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duncan...great poster...but we cant apply this poster to OP...the spelling is too good.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd...I haven't seen you in a while...I thought the drones might have found you.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

They've been circling overhead and have me pinned down, Rusty. I knew I shouldn't have used the : Phone, email, computer, facebook, twitter, etc.....

I was naively under the impression that we had some privacy in America.... but I guess this government doesn't see it that way.

The good news is: After the TSA got done manhandling my man-junk, I was able to cancel my yearly physical. I just hope they were gentle with OP's breasts.

[ July 08, 2013, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

man junk....boy talk about wishful thinking))))))
2 peanuts and a dingly berry!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
now you wana talk more about my boobs????? or you want to play with them???? since you have such a keen interest in them... hahahahahahahahahaha

[ July 09, 2013, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

OP - your breasts are among the best a person could hope to see........ at WalMart. ))))))))))))))))

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!