Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Ron Dawson - Sign Painter - Friend - R.I.P.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ron Dawson - Sign Painter - Friend - R.I.P.
Ray Skaines
Visitor
Member # 3702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Skaines   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Skaines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad news. My sign painter friend Ron Dawson, passed away unexpectedly March 15, 2012 from complications following kidney surgery. Ron owned Dawson Signs in Friendswood, Texas. A sign painter for over 40+ years, Ron told me when he and his Dad would team up during the Christmas season and hit all the businesses in town to letter their windows. He said "We were fast and the money was great". Ron, like me, loved to reminisce about the good old days when sign painting was 'the way we did it'. He will be missed.

Ron leaves his wife of 48 years, Janet, two daughters, Bunny and Angela, and son, Daryl. Ron was 68.

--------------------
Ray Skaines
League City, Tx
www.srsigns.com

Posts: 130 | From: League City, Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal Cabrera
Visitor
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sal Cabrera   Author's Homepage   Email Sal Cabrera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about you friend Ray, my condolences to his family RIP.

--------------------
Sal Cabrera
Signs By Sal
New Freedom , PA

The goal of Yesterday will be the Stating Point of Tomorrow!

Posts: 686 | From: New Freedom , PA US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a sad day when we loose our friends. Ron was one of those special guys that are now museum pieces in our craft. My heart goes out to you, Ray.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Moss
Visitor
Member # 4295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Moss   Email Kent Moss       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray,sad for the passing of your friend & his family.

When I see you post...brings back momories of you w/paint brush thru your head in 81 or 82 Kansas City Letterhead Meet,those were great times.

Kent Moss
Paint on...
Sweet Charleston

--------------------
Kent Moss
Greg Moss Signs

Posts: 363 | From: Wilbraham, MA / Charleston,SC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Skaines
Visitor
Member # 3702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Skaines   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Skaines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your kind words. Tomorrow is Ron's memorial. Sad news like this makes you want to go out and enjoy every moment with family and friends. Who knows what tomorrow brings.

So to all here at Letterville, pick up the phone, call a friend, love one, and let them know your thinking about them. Tell them how much they mean to you. You'll feel better and your day will be good if you do.

@ Kent - Boy, you sure have a good memory. I thing Raymond has an picture of that guy that needs therapy. [Smile] Those Letterhead meets were so much fun. The good meets are getting scarce - just like us old sign painters.

--------------------
Ray Skaines
League City, Tx
www.srsigns.com

Posts: 130 | From: League City, Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the loss of your friend and fellow sign painter Ray.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Resident

Member # 1062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter   Author's Homepage   Email Peter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another brother of the brush has fallen. Condolences to Ron's family.

--------------------
Pete M.
Jet Signs
Farmingdale, NY
www.jetsignsoflongisland.com

Posts: 348 | From: Farmingdale, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!