Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » On purchasing domain names through Go Daddy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: On purchasing domain names through Go Daddy
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy folks!

I'm wishing to purchase a domain through Go Daddy but I don't understand their speal.

The domain will run me $20 but there's a clause in there that they can withdraw up to $500 a month from my paypal.

Is that a standard disclaimer for if I wish to ever do that kind of business? The wording is confusing... it reads as if it could account for this one purchase as well.

3. Paypal® Information

By electing to use your PayPal® account to make a purchase through Go Daddy you are agreeing to the Merchant-Initiated Payment billing agreement through PayPal. This billing agreement establishes a relationship between you and Go Daddy through PayPal and allows you to authorize Go Daddy to withdraw funds for payment of purchases you make at our site directly from your PayPal account.
You will receive an email notification from PayPal informing you of the acceptance of this Merchant-Initiated Payment agreement and your monthly billing limit. Your monthly billing limit is based on the amount of your initial purchase using the account with us. We start at $500.00 USD and round up your limit to the nearest $100.00 USD. You are free to increase or lower your monthly billing limit, if you choose to, by visiting www.PayPal.com
Limit for this Merchant-Initated Payment: $500 USD per month

Am I safe to proceed for the $20 bill or are they wanting to charge me more?

Thank-you!

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a little confusing but I take it as a limit that Go Daddy can take out of your account in any one month. I'm waiting for more responses myself since I'm also thinking of purchasing a domain name. Not to hijack your topic, but what alternatives are there to Go Daddy?

[ September 22, 2011, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graham Parsons
Resident

Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graham Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Graham Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can recommend namecheap.com

--------------------
Graham Parsons
Signs 'n Such Ltd
Swift Current
Saskatchewan
Canada.
www.signsnsuch.com

"Saskatchewan - hard to pronounce, easy to draw"

Posts: 710 | From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna, did FunkyJunk.com call you? Were you able to buy the name from them?

You can purchase domain names pretty much anywhere. When I set up our website (such as it is) and had Site5.com to host it for us, we got the domain name for free the first year. Its been $10 per year after that.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn, I was going to go through Go Daddy with that but this same message came up which I didn't understand.

I made the mistake of okaying a similar purchase for something else without understanding and they withdrew that amount MONTLY.

I will try again once I know how this agreement reads. What's your take?

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally avoid GoDaddy. I've heard good things about them from people and I've a few clients who regret ever dealing with them.

If you are purchasing a domain name, it should be an annual fee, not monthly.

If you are purchasing hosting, some companies will charge by the month but most charge at 6 months, 12 months or 24 months at a time.

If you pay for 24 months in advance, you get a better rate. For example at Site5.com, if you pay for 12 months in advance the monthly average is $5.95 per month. If you pay for 24 months in advance, the monthly average is $4.95 per month.

If you purchase hosting through them, you usually get the first year of your domain name for free.

I'm in the process of leafing a project. Can you send me a link to their contract so I can look it over later this afternoon?

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Glenn, the only head scratcher is the text I posted above. Other than that, everything's in an itty bitty scroll window that would take 10 screenshots to capture.
(that fine print stuff)

The best way to view it is to pretend to buy a domain name and cancel out last minute.

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
avoid godaddy like the plague.

Also, If you try to do d domain purchase.. Some registrars will lock your name for 48 hours under the pretense that someone may try to steal it when you are doing your research.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a fan of godaddy.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm setting up a site on Weebly. I don't have enough info to recommend them, but I like what I see, the price is right (zero) and I've actually been able to "design" it with their almost idiot-proof templates.
They get great reviews and host 2 million accounts.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experience with them - good or bad. My site hasn't been published yet because I have to do a redirect and I'm not the admin, so everything's been sittting in limbo.

reminds me of a song......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine Beauchemin
Resident

Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine Beauchemin   Author's Homepage   Email Elaine Beauchemin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
got a few domains at godaddy and everything is fine.
the domains are not hosted there. but onethat is some of their free page thingy.

you can make the purchase and then get out of the " the agrement " if you don't have some monthly payments.

in doubt you just call them and the staff will explain everything. beleive me they had to talk slowly for I could (translate) and understand.

--------------------
Élaine Beauchemin
scrip
Lettrage Scripsit inc.
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
www.scripsit.net

Posts: 1096 | From: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look with both eyes at some of those hosting deals.
The free hosts will often add in some type of marketing scheme into your page. Banners or some type of add will appear whether you like it or not.

Some will charge you for every little detail you add on after getting you to switch. After a while you will pay much more than you expected.

Some hijack your domain name and you will fight long and hard to get it back.

Domain rules require that you wait 60 days before making any switch backs if you find some error with your new host.

The el' cheapo deals are also questionable because they offer not much in support. Encounter a problem and you will suffer much anxiety.

There are no free lunches in hosting. In the end you will pay something somehow.

That is why so many stay with long established host companies that cost just a little more..

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Len Mort
Resident

Member # 7030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Len Mort   Author's Homepage   Email Len Mort       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a great fan of Danica Patrick, but have heard much negitive comments bout go-daddy as very expensive.
Purchase your domain name any where and your web host elseware. You can get domain name for as little as $10.00 per year and web host for around $100.00 per year.

--------------------
Len Mort
Signmaker1.com
11 Juniper Drive
Millbury, MA
508-865-2382
"A Good Business Sign, is A Sign of Good Business"(1957)

Posts: 811 | From: Millbury, Ma | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curtis knows what he is talking about, here-please listen!

There's not a big price difference between having it all to yourself, and using a so-called 'free' site, but the 'free' one will cost you Something. In the end that cost is, for people like us who care about our image, not worth it.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curt Stenz
Visitor
Member # 82

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Stenz   Email Curt Stenz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use active-domain.com and have never been bothered by them, and always purchase the 'who is' protection. No gimmicks with them.

--------------------
Curt Stenz Graphics
700 Squirrel Lane
Marathon, WI 54448

Posts: 590 | From: Marathon, WI 54448 | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Curtis, who do you suggest using?

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

So now I read there's cloud web hosting vs. just web hosting.... now I just have to learn what hosting is period and I'm all set!

I quit. [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Glenn, I have fallen in love with Site5. They chat live and answered all my questions. Thanks big time!

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Now you know why I like them so much.

Were they able to help you with getting the ".Com" you wanted or did you just get the ".Net"?

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

They don't deal with already taken .com's. I got the .net and will patiently wait until I can take them all upon your suggestion. [Smile]

The side chat is truly the best marketing tool one could ever think of. In a world where there's generally just voice mail prompts, 24/7 help is at your disposal here. LIVE. I kept them by my side through each step (and I got stuck lots).

They also offer a VERY good affiliate program if you're into ads and those sort of (blog type) things. I wish I had known. I'd have told you to install one just so I could join through it. [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have bought several from GoDaddy with no problems-- the biggest thing to remember, don't sign up for anything else- just buy the domain name, that's it. All of the other stuff is just fluff and not needed.

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Actually, I am signed up for their affiliate program. I just feel odd about it when suggesting them to friends so I don't mention the program. Part of that "trying to stay above reproach" kinda thing.

I've just been extremely happy with their service and that is the only reason why I ever mention them.

[Smile]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Donna,
I've been with Godady for both domain registration and hosting since starting the business and never had any issues - yet.

Although I'm not familiar with Paypal, I would assume the paragraph you posted above simply refers to paypal as your method of payment which, if necessary, allows godaddy to automatically charge your paypal account for up to $500 a month (think credit limit), assuming you purchase up to $500 per month in services.

It would also appear that the $500 is a default amount established by an agreement between godaddy and paypal. However, through paypal, you can make adjustments to that amount, higher or lower, in $100 increments. So, if you're uncomfortable allowing godaddy access to that amount, you can drop it down to $100.

As noted by the others, there are many different registrars and hosts available. So, if you're uncomfortable with any part of the agreement with one company, move on until you find someone you like.

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using Lowest Hosting for the past six years or so. Last year had a little problem with "exceeding storage limits" or whatever in my email. They just increased my limit at no charge. Their support is doen through email "support tickets" but they respond promptly.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Vickio
Resident

Member # 2265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Vickio   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Vickio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been with Godady since day one! Have three sites through them with NO problems!

I see statements like "avoid Godady like the plague!"

WHY??

--------------------
Tony Vickio
The World Famous Vickio Signs
3364 Rt.329
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
t30v@vickiosigns.com
607-535-6241
http://www.vickiosigns.com

Posts: 1063 | From: Watkins Glen, New York | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Hmm....double post.

[ September 23, 2011, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Glenn Taylor ]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Tony,one reason why I don't much care for GoDaddy has to do with an issue a client of mine was having. A person in his organization purchased the domain name through GoDaddy. However, the web site and hosting were done with another company.

A couple years ago, they contacted me about revamping their website. They were also unhappy with their current host service due to a frequent and excessive amount of down time and wanted to change. The client also wanted to get the domain registration and hosting under the control of one company so he wouldn't have so much to keep up with.

The problem we ran into with GoDaddy was their resistance in letting us transfer the domain registration to the control of the new host provider. The domain had been purchased several years ago. And even though we filled out all of the necessary forms and provided proof of ownership, they refused to release the domain registration because the client wasn't able to provide the original credit card number that was used to make the purchase.

We explained that the CC no longer existed and the account had been closed several years ago. They told us "no problem, just fill out these additional forms". After jumping through all of the required hoops as well as providing a copy of the business license et al., GoDaddy again refused to release the domain registration and provide an authorization key without the original CC number.

In the course of my phone conversations with GoDaddy support, the service rep had a "I don't care" attitude that became progressively worse. My call was bounce from one rep to another.

In the end, they told me that my client would need to wait for the domain registration to expire (in the year 2016) and then hopefully repurchase it.

In doing further research, I found that GoDaddy has a history of such behavior.

I have never had a problem with other registrars before in obtaining authorization keys. Its usually a pretty straight forward process, but GoDaddy appears to go out of its way to make it anything but.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Tony Vickio
Resident

Member # 2265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Vickio   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Vickio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!
Thanks for the answer Glenn!
I guess everything looks ok until you get into the "bowels" of the situation!

--------------------
Tony Vickio
The World Famous Vickio Signs
3364 Rt.329
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
t30v@vickiosigns.com
607-535-6241
http://www.vickiosigns.com

Posts: 1063 | From: Watkins Glen, New York | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

That is exactly why I say avoid it like a plague. As long as you are happy.. you will be happy. But the day you need to move there will be stress and anxiety like never before. Glenn's experience is not unique.
They are cheap until you need something. Then wait until the bill comes in with all that unnecessary foreplay.

--------------------

Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use these guys and have done so for many years,

http://www.one.com/en/price-for-a-web-space

have 13 domains registered with them, very good easy to use multi-domain login in cheap no hidden costs, they send you an invoice each here for about $20 dollars, and it covers domain reg, webspace, then there are many other things also included.

It takes a few minutes to register and pay for a domain, webservice etc

--------------------
Henry Barker #1924akaKaftan
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Evans
Visitor
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Evans   Email Bruce Evans       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never had a problem with godaddy. Even had a similar situations as Glenn, but after faxing the info, they took care of it. You gotta figure they've seen alot of attempts at domain swiping. What kind of business wouldn't be able to come up with a previous credit card number?? call the credit card company!! Tech support is always quick and easy to get on the phone and whoever said that they don't do the hosting is wrong.

--------------------
Bruce Evans
Crown Graphics
Chino, CA
graphics@westcoach.net

Posts: 910 | From: Chino, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one guy i know used godaddy and almost every morning he got a call from clients about porn on his site. In hindsight (no pun intended) it would likely have been more profitable than what he was doing, just not what he had intended to be selling!

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so site5 is a pretty good web hosting site, who do you recommend for domain name purchasing. And what is your take on a .net? The .com name I want is taken, but only used as a redirect to the real web site for people that type in the wrong addy.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

You can purchase your domain name through Site5 if you like. The past several times I purchased hosting & domain name from them for a new client, they gave the first year of domain registration free. Its about $10 per year after that.

I used to have both .Com and .Net for our company. The .Net had the name I wanted and the .Com didn't. However as time went by, I eventually just dropped the .Net and stuck with the .Com.

I had the .Net redirecting to the .Com.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Donna, I had completely forgotten about this.....

http://www.afternic.com/rcom.php?ref_id=2987&name=funkyjunkinteriors.com

It might be worth checking out.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Daddy, is flim flam at it's best. I used them for a time and turned them in to BBB and CPA before they were willing to un hitch. That was around 95'and I used other local help after that.

[ September 26, 2011, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: jack wills ]

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Wisdom
Resident

Member # 6193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Wisdom   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Wisdom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Donna

I don't know if you have heard of Lowesthosting.com I use them for all my sites for clients and my own site, a local smaller company. You might want to check them out.

--------------------
Jeff Wisdom
SignWorks
info@oregonsignworks.com

Posts: 450 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!