Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Sign Magic Workshop X now history

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sign Magic Workshop X now history
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sign Magic Workshop X is now history. What a group we had this go around. With a flurry of last minute signups we had eighteen attendees, Jeff Hartman as our guest teacher representing EnRoute plus our crew. Donna was our official photographer and did a wonderful job too!

As always the workshop had so many great moments, different for each attendee. Things were happening all over the shop and in the studio. There was so much laughter and so many moments of discovery. The attendees determine the direction and the depth of learning. That made this a truly memorable and wonderful workshop.

Thanks to my crew, both in the shop and in the house who made it so good. The home cooked meals were memorable as was every moment of the workshop. This crew was enthusiastic, arrived early each day (starting Thursday) and stayed late each night too. So much learning was accomplished!

I too learned so much. The photo below (caught by Donna) is of Jeff and I. He was showing me some of the cool things in store for EnRoute in the near future... [Smile]
 -

in this photo we are learning the basics of welding and metal work.
 -

Not all learning happened in the lectures or in the workshop. Each attendee was encouraged to look everywhere, take all the pictures and notes they wanted to ask questions endlessly. Here Kara sits quietly in the library, having found my stash of old proposals. She was learning...
 -

Roger Cox attended this time. What a cool guy who also does fabulous work. He added so much to the event as did all the others. His 'B is for bug' sculpture was fabulous.
 -

And here is the group photo... the smiles are genuine and tell the story well...
 -

What a time!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8771 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! Looks like a great time was had by all!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7017 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the pat on the back Dan. And encouraging me to get that camera already. [Smile]

Full story on that one and many more workshop photos can be found at:

-

http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2011/03/workshop-photography-kind-of-diy.html

It was a fabulous group! It's always hard to say goodbye... you workshop attendees know EXACTLY what I mean. Even my 11 yr old son Cody had a BLAST.

Thanks for being top notch hosts, Dan, crew and family!

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As those who have attended our Sign Magic Workshops know they are so much a team effort. In the house Janis, her two sisters Vicki & Margo were hard at work on the delicious meals and seemingly endless home baked treats. The coffee is always hot and fresh, the coolers stocked with cold drinks. Sarah and Kirsten pitched in to help there too.

My crew makes sure the bathroom is kept clean and fresh and the table covers are switched out before each meal. Garbage and recyclables vanished on cue. Tools were magically put in their place, brushes washed and the paint was kept handy for our guests and put away when not needed. Floors were swept,chairs arranged and a hundred other things that needed doing were simply done without my asking.

I was in the shop long before our guests arrived and stayed well after the last one left late each night, laying out my notes and presentations so things went seamlessly. Inevitably when I went back to the house Janis was still up making sure fresh treats were laid out for me to take out to the shop in the morning.

Jeff Hartman also prepared his notes and EnRoute lessons after he left the shop each evening. He was there bright and early and stayed the long days to make sure everyone got their questions answered. I appreciated I could count on him to do one-on-one sessions with those who wanted to do so.

In the shop Rebecca took care of the painting and glazing lessons, seemingly without effort. Donna, our official photographer this time just pitched in at whatever needed doing without being asked.

Phoebe makes her frequent guest appearances and charms our guests.

Each guest too helps out during the workshop. So many pitched in to help clean up or move things around as needed. Their questions, comments and enthusiasm help shape the workshop. Their sharing of their knowledge and experience make the workshops so much richer.

While the hours are long, and I am pulled in many directions (often all at once) the huge efforts by our team made it possible for me to enjoy the workshop immensely, without stress. I can concentrate on teaching and answering questions.

Each workshop makes me realize just how fortunate I am to have the wonderful support system that makes this all possible.

Thanks ALL!

[ March 09, 2011, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8771 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rollie Eldred
Resident

Member # 8372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rollie Eldred   Author's Homepage   Email Rollie Eldred       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My "Bucket List" includes one of your "Awesome" seminars Dan! Come on Lotto!!!! lol

--------------------
Rollie Eldred
Ashtabula, OH

"Making the World Beautiful...One Sign at a Time!"

Posts: 66 | From: Ashtabula, OH (Really Saybrook-on-the-lake) | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!