Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Artograph LED 200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Artograph LED 200
Rollie Eldred
Resident

Member # 8372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rollie Eldred   Author's Homepage   Email Rollie Eldred       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone here owned, tried, or have any reviews on this product? I know it is a bit pricey, but looks like it might be very useful for layout!
Link:
http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/projector-LED200.aspx

--------------------
Rollie Eldred
Ashtabula, OH

"Making the World Beautiful...One Sign at a Time!"

Posts: 66 | From: Ashtabula, OH (Really Saybrook-on-the-lake) | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think the 80" projection limit would uh, "limit" it's use for large projections like murals.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Arnott
Resident

Member # 215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Arnott   Email John Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's one expensive gizmo!
Makes me appriciate my old overhead projector.

--------------------
John Arnott
El Cajon CA
619 596-9989
signgraphics1@aol.com
http://www.signgraphics1.com

Posts: 1443 | From: El Cajon CA usa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No intention of cutting down your idea(it would be a good one if they did the job) here Rollie,but to be honest,I'm with John. I think I paid $25 for my old besseler cast iron and steel frame overhead at a school surplus sale back in the early 90's ,it weighs about 35 lbs but it will not die,......nowadays a replacement bulb costs more that the projector did,......I usually just print a transparency in my inkjet and or go to the local staples or copy store and have them make a transparency copy of my inkjet printout for a $1 ea. and shoot and trace,....I could print layouts on transparencies for about a dozen or so very busy years before I spent $600 on the whole process,..we use computer projectors at school and supposedly the ones they have are top of the line and I really don't think they were intended to do much more than make a powerpoint lecture and or presentation in a dimly lit room,...these units just don't have enough lumens to meet that artists needs in my opinion,..while I can see it would be a neat toy Rollie, from my experience it ain't gonna cut the mustard for a sign shop's need's.

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Peterman
Visitor
Member # 528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Peterman   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Peterman       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an artograph prism I'll sell ya for 200 it might even be a super prism

--------------------
Jon Peterman
200 Summit Loop
Grants Pass, OR
--------------------
a.k.a. dc-62
success is in Jesus Christ

Posts: 434 | From: grants pass or. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember they made a awesome one that they discontinued, which you could do large projections fairly clear and smaller ones real clear even during day with the projector close by, since the image did not come up here wonders if this is a great remake of the old one.

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rollie Eldred
Resident

Member # 8372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rollie Eldred   Author's Homepage   Email Rollie Eldred       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I borrowed a VU-LYTE III Episcope Overhead Art Opaque Projector many years ago from a local school and was hooked on projecting and sketching since! I currently own a AG100 Artograph and also the MC250, but before it was bought out by Artograph. I just thought one of these might be just a tad better...in this age of Digital cameras and multi-media storage chips? Thanks for the replies guys!

--------------------
Rollie Eldred
Ashtabula, OH

"Making the World Beautiful...One Sign at a Time!"

Posts: 66 | From: Ashtabula, OH (Really Saybrook-on-the-lake) | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!