Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » CNC ROUTERS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CNC ROUTERS
Buddy Norris
Resident

Member # 49

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Buddy Norris   Author's Homepage   Email Buddy Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there anything to this torchmate cnc router? are there other brand cnc routers besides the shopbot that are just as good yet maybe a little cheaper?

--------------------
Norris Sign Works
102 Doogle Lane
Shallotte, N.C.

Posts: 117 | From: Shallotte, N.C. USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of routers are cheaper....but they are cheaper.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Vickio
Resident

Member # 2265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Vickio   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Vickio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Raymond.

Love my ShopBot and the service is outstanding!

--------------------
Tony Vickio
The World Famous Vickio Signs
3364 Rt.329
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
t30v@vickiosigns.com
607-535-6241
http://www.vickiosigns.com

Posts: 1063 | From: Watkins Glen, New York | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lots of cheap ones aroud.

The cheap ones do not have the goodies that make the cnc jobs easy. Such as center finding, edge finding. Auto home, and a true flat and level table.

The cost is not in the machine. The cost is in the software and the learning curve. The curve is almost a cliff.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...a cliff with a dark tunnell of assorted treasures in it

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Norcross
Resident

Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Norcross   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Norcross   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi buddy
For me i have been wanting a CNC router for years, and the one i just purchased, i didn't know whether i would ever get it in production.
I purchased mine at a lower cost, and found it on e-bay. If i can help let me know. I was much less, and is a good unit, and even has a water cooled spindel to boot. It is working good.
Mike

--------------------
Mike Norcross
Mikes Signs and Graphics
Box 1232 172 adams street
Afton, Wyoming 83110

Posts: 82 | From: Afton, Wyoming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Crumley
Visitor
Member # 2307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Crumley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you Mike,

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

There's a growing of number of experienced router folks who are willing to assist newby router guys and gals. It's lots of fun seeing someone get off to a good start.

--------------------
Joe Crumley
Norman Sign Company
2200 Research Park Blvd.
Norman, OK

Posts: 1428 | From: 2200 Research Park Blvd. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!