Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Grommet Machine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grommet Machine
Theresa Hoying
Visitor
Member # 7330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Theresa Hoying   Email Theresa Hoying       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone! I am in the market now for a grommet machine. After 10 years of hand punching and pounding grommets I only think it's time to do so. [Smile] Banners are becoming more and more popular so I am asking all of you out there that may own or have experience using a Hand Press Grommet Machine; what do you have and how well do they work? Any information on these is greatlyl appreciated.

Thank you!

--------------------
Theresa N. Hoying
Visual Concepts
130 South Lester Avenue
Sidney, Ohio 45365

Posts: 176 | From: Sidney, Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony McDonald
Resident

Member # 1158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony McDonald   Email Tony McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get a good one to start with. A Stimpson or Fastsnap would be a good choice.

Several years ago I bought a cheap one off e-bay, and that's exactly what I got....cheap.

--------------------
Ace Graphics & Printing
Camdenton, MO. USA

acegraphics1@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1196 | From: Camdenton, MO. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barker
Resident

Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barker   Email Tim Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I bought one here in the UK which is the same as the Clips Shop CStep2, from BuyGrommets.com
I Have put over 2000 grommets in so far, and it works perfectly.

--------------------
T.J.BARKER
ARTLINE SIGNS
PLOT 2 PRIORS LEAZE LANE
HAMBROOK WEST SUSSEX UK
01243 572769
BARKERARTLINE@AOL.COM

Posts: 80 | From: CHICHESTER WEST SUSSEX U.K. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ben has wanted a grommet machine since he started working here. We are interested in hearing what people like too. What is the $ range on these?

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Boros
Resident

Member # 8487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Boros   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Boros   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Fasnap, which has performed flawlessly as long as I have owned it. I believe you would be satisfied with either a Fasnap, Stimpson, or Hiker press. I would not suggest any of the import presses. One of the most critical things will be the grommets, each machine uses a specific grommet and they are not interchangable, so you should insure that you have a good source for supplying the grommets. You should also be sure that you can get the grommets in all the lengths and finishes you wish to use.

--------------------
Gary Boros
SIGNWORKS STUDIOS LLC
Monroe, Connecticut, USA

Posts: 264 | From: Monroe, Connecticut, USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....and they are rather pricey......

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We bought a Hiker and haven't been happier. Well worth the $250 or so. I can't count how many Grommets we have run through it. Even Heavy Canvas.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've thought about a grommet machine myself... but then Sonny turned me onto "John Doe" signs.com.

The time, materials, labor of making banners myself no longer makes any sense.

I simply design them and let my "source" print them.... and mark them up. I could do this all day.... it's so simple.

But if you're going to do banners in-house... a grommet machine would be an excellent addition. I hated pounding the snot out of those things.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Wood
Visitor
Member # 6543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Wood   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theresa,
I have a Stimpson machine and when I first used it I was amazed how helpful this simple machine is.It is so effortless to use and when you buy one,it also works well with coroplast.I bought mine from Mumpower Sign Supply who also sells the gromets.Check out their website and you will find a lot of sign supplies in their on-line catalog.Buy one...you'll be glad you did.

--------------------
Bill Wood
Bill Wood, Sign Artist
3628 Ogburn Ave., NE
Winston-Salem, NC 27105-3752
336-682-5820

Posts: 397 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've got a Stimpson and I would hate to go back to pounding them in. We routinely grommet banners, coro, and PVC with it and no complaints, ever.

Look at a grommet machine as a tool you're going to buy once and it'll last you the rest of your life.

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had mine for so long I had to look up the maker going by the imprint FD on the side.
Fasnap is the model of which I have had for almost 20 years.

I got tired early on in my career from banging grommets on a die.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!