Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » you are a signpainter if

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: you are a signpainter if
Todd Blocher
Visitor
Member # 7534

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Todd Blocher   Email Todd Blocher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a couple years back you posted a You are a signpainter if
the posts were great i shared them with the man who took the time to teach me this art. He no longer can paint due to a stroke but we enjoyed the posts they brought back a lot of fond memories

i will start hope we can recreate some of the great posts

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A SIGNPAINTER IF

you have burned your butt with a mineral spirits soaked rag in your back pocket

you been asked whats a mahl stick

you have cashed a check at the bank using multi colored hands with the the covering sent of mineral spirits

hope you can all add something from your experiences

--------------------
TODD BLOCHER
XTREME GRAPHICS AND SIGNS
XENIA, OHIO

Posts: 6 | From: XENIA, OHIO | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-you've got a whole wardrobe of workclothes that will mix & match, due to runs, drips, splotches

-you also have color-coordinated shoes

-you've been asked over a hundred times, while lettering, "Hey, you paintin' a sign?"

-have heard yourself referred to many times as "ONLY a signpainter"

-have been referred to as an "alky" (like most all signpainters are), due to a cup of Penetrol sitting next to your paint

_your wife complains of the odor when she opens the fridge...gotta store used rollers somewhere

[ July 18, 2010, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Letterville Todd!

You know you are a sign painter when you go on vacation and most of your photos are of signs.

Your five year old grand daughter points out all the good looking signs when you go for a drive.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know your a sign painter when some says"man wish I could paint like that or do that for a living."
or Did you do that with a brush? while your standing there with brush in hand.

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Blocher
Visitor
Member # 7534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Blocher   Email Todd Blocher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks everyone i have always enjoyed this site this was my first post but hope for more in the future

its fun to sit back and read the posts because i can relate to so many of them and I admire the people in this business and their willingness to share their stories what a great community

just also wanted to thank Ed Terranova for taking the time to teach me this trade when i graduated from h.s in 1984.i worked with him for about 10 years those experiences cannot be replaced and was the bests time of all

. Signpainting isnt my full time career but it what i enjoy doing the most

--------------------
TODD BLOCHER
XTREME GRAPHICS AND SIGNS
XENIA, OHIO

Posts: 6 | From: XENIA, OHIO | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Byrd   Author's Homepage   Email John Byrd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you know what "drag a line" means

You keep Stabilo pencils in the refrigerator

If you've heard "must be nice to not have to work for a living"by passers by.

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874
http://johnbyrddesign.com
so happy I gotta sit on both my hands to keep from wavin' at everybody!

Posts: 741 | From: Ball Ground, Georgia, USA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guy H. J. Hilliard
Visitor
Member # 2529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guy H. J. Hilliard   Author's Homepage   Email Guy H. J. Hilliard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may be a sign painter if;

Helvetica is only occasionally used as a curse.

You've told your daughter that you need to take her baton to work today.

The only thing you have cut with your Saber is a line.

You hear the word "pounce" and you do not immediately think of a tiger and gazelle.

2 step ladders and a 2 X 12 IS a platform.

You know what an "opaque projector" is.

You think chalk dust is more valuable than gold dust.

You know "cutting in" has nothing to do with preparing the turkey on Thanksgiving.

--------------------
Guy Hilliard
Sawdust and Noise
CNC Routing /
Laser Cutting and Engraving
Brampton, Ont.
Canada

Posts: 164 | From: Brampton. Ont. Canada | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Holohan
Visitor
Member # 2514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Holohan   Email William Holohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your antique sign book collection is worth more than your new work van.

--------------------
William "Irish" Holohan
Resting...Read "Between Jobs."
Marlboro, MA 01752
email: firemap1@aol.com

Posts: 1110 | From: Marlboro, MA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone says,"Hey, you miss spelled that word!"

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Wood
Visitor
Member # 6543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Wood   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be rich if I could do that

I bet you can draw good

Does it bother you if someone watches

I've got a grandson that can do that

Are you hiring,,,I'm real good triming windows

I was curious...did you say you had a square foot!

Where can I buy some of that paint and them brushes

You all have heard all this
I cant even draw a straight line (neither can I)

--------------------
Bill Wood
Bill Wood, Sign Artist
3628 Ogburn Ave., NE
Winston-Salem, NC 27105-3752
336-682-5820

Posts: 397 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynda Yoder
Resident

Member # 7340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynda Yoder   Email Lynda Yoder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You collect the works of the "old" greats that have passed on.

--------------------
Lynda Yoder Wayne
Yoder Signs & Designs
4735 List Rd
Grass Lake, MI

Posts: 154 | From: Grass Lake, MI | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...your pants are so covered in paint you can stand them upright at night.

...the floor of your shop looks like someone woofed up a bag of jelly beans.

...you own more brushes than you do socks by tenfold.

...you go on vacation and your photo album of the trip is full of signs you liked.

...you are told you're a "dying breed" at least twice a month.

[Wink]
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you have actually been approached by some teenage stranger asking if you would sell your paint covered sweatshirt hoodie.

When you see mineral sprits go on sale at HD.

When you have more half used cans of One Shot than anyother type of paint in the garage.

When you can claim to own at least four different snaplines.

When you realize that old lightweight rickety aluminum ladder is better than the new fiberglass one that weighs about twice as much and is so rigid that it is dangerous.

When you cannot resist keeping any interesting jar or can from falling into the trash can.

and when you have to check Letterville more frequently than the new page or the stock market report.

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when they say 'make something happen' and everyone can see it & read it...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Elmgren
Visitor
Member # 11536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Elmgren   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Elmgren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you've heard another Jay Leno wannabe say "Hey, you spelled that wrong!" so many times you don't even acknowledge it any more

--------------------
Eric Elmgren
ericsignguy@comcast.net
A & E Graphic Signs
Park Ridge, IL
"The future isn't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

Posts: 192 | From: PARK RIDGE, ILLINOIS | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Elmgren
Visitor
Member # 11536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Elmgren   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Elmgren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you've heard another Jay Leno wannabe say "Hey, you spelled that wrong!" so many times you don't even acknowledge it any more

--------------------
Eric Elmgren
ericsignguy@comcast.net
A & E Graphic Signs
Park Ridge, IL
"The future isn't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

Posts: 192 | From: PARK RIDGE, ILLINOIS | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It must take steady hands to do that.
I knew a signpainter once, shook like a leaf until he picked up a brush, did I mention he drank a bit?

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

"Today I'll meet nice people and draw for them!"

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You hear, "You went to college and now you paint signs"
And while creaming up your coffee at Starbucks, you grap about a dozen stir sticks and put them in your pocket.
While dining or driving, you'll stop to quickly draw up a design for a sign, while the idea is still fresh in your mind.
You hoard cans of lead based paint. "The little stasholoa"
You look at people, with your nose held high, and say proudly " No, I don't have any cheap brush for you to take and touch up your car paint with"
And last, if you ever see any BonAmi cake soap bars at a store, you buy up their whole supply, walking out of the store as if you found gold.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you log onto this website and try to think up another insane phrase to add to the already insane list here,....

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all of the above!

...if you can still work when the electricity is out.

(& for a country that has been metric since 1972, your 'little stashola' still has cans with pints & fl.oz written on the labels)

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Davidson
Visitor
Member # 531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Davidson   Email Bill Davidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-if you have a plastic squeegee in your shirt pocket!
-if you have stuck yourself with an exacto knife putting it your pocket pointy end first
-if you have a mountain of left over vinyl stuck to the backside of your weeding table
-if you have more than three dedicated computers in your shop
-if you have framed your putter shaft mahl stick with your fav brushes
-if your "number one" asks what "kerning" means

I knew this was going to happen when I had my meet and the 4B was the WOW thing. And my old books are worth more than ME right now.

--------------------
Bill'n'Annie Davidson
Heathcote, NSW, Aus.
my Aussie wife,
a Toohey's Old,
my Holden Ute,
Retired from the rat race!

Posts: 309 | From: Heathcote, NSW, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Davidson
Visitor
Member # 531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Davidson   Email Bill Davidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-if you have a plastic squeegee in your shirt pocket!
-if you have stuck yourself with an exacto knife putting it your pocket pointy end first
-if you have a mountain of left over vinyl stuck to the backside of your weeding table
-if you have more than three dedicated computers in your shop
-if you have framed your putter shaft mahl stick with your fav brushes
-if your "number one" asks what "kerning" means

I knew this was going to happen when I had my meet and the 4B was the WOW thing. And my old books are worth more than ME right now.

--------------------
Bill'n'Annie Davidson
Heathcote, NSW, Aus.
my Aussie wife,
a Toohey's Old,
my Holden Ute,
Retired from the rat race!

Posts: 309 | From: Heathcote, NSW, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curt Stenz
Visitor
Member # 82

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Stenz   Email Curt Stenz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alicia, I hear ya, I have some old, unopened cans of 1-shot and and for some reason I just cannot get myself open them. Bon Ami cakes too, real scarce these days, although I very seldom get to use it.

--------------------
Curt Stenz Graphics
700 Squirrel Lane
Marathon, WI 54448

Posts: 590 | From: Marathon, WI 54448 | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've ever left the custom color sample to be scanned back at the shop...and save an extra trip by letting them scan your shirt instead.

[ July 20, 2010, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You buy popscicles just for the sticks.

You can't watch tv, read the paper, darn it, go ANYWHERE without noticing fonts!

You walk around with straight lines inked across your cheeks from sticking your ruler in your teeth. (I did this once & shopped in Walmart like that, not knowing it!)

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lawrence Armstrong
Resident

Member # 8336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lawrence Armstrong   Author's Homepage   Email Lawrence Armstrong       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have paint on every single piece of clothing you own.

--------------------
Lawrence Armstrong
1059 Price Road,
Parksville B.C. Canada V9P 2X1

Posts: 142 | From: Parksville B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Skaines
Visitor
Member # 3702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Skaines   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Skaines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you are a signpainter if...

your work reveals it and your proud to call yourself a "signpainter".

--------------------
Ray Skaines
League City, Tx
www.srsigns.com

Posts: 130 | From: League City, Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have altered your 8' ladder with bigger wider,feet to work in gravel.

You are amazed at how no matter what, there always seems to be some weird color of one shot on your exterior door handle of your vehicle.

You have misspelled at least five words on signs....and let one actually pass through to have no one notice.

You imagine in the future special lettering brushes with 'spell check' built into the ferrules.

You keep all the split-tail brushes, thinking someday, someone here might mention how to recover them....and have at least a dozen of them.

You hate having to find a font out of a list of hundreds in Corel Draw....and know it is there.

You are always amazed how many others complain of the odor of mineral spirits, but that it never seems to bother you.

You are continually assaulted by some 'designer' who sends you a jpg of some great design for a sign and realize they no nothing about signpainting or about how hard it is to letter half inch copy just to make the thing pass regulation Z of the Federal Trade Commission.

That 'WAC' for car dealers is supposed to stand for With Approved Credit, when the public thinks it means We Are Crooks!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know your a sign painter if

when some ask did ya get any paint on the sign ??
when you still get the sign done after forgetting your ruler.
when still get the sign done and forgot your drawing pencil.

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brent Logan
Resident

Member # 6587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brent Logan   Email Brent Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You not only steal the stir sticks from Starbucks like Alicia, but you steal the ketchup cups from Wendy's too.

People ask you why you have little pieces of tape stuck to your shirt.

--------------------
Brent Logan
Reno, NV

Posts: 919 | From: Reno, NV | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote "You have misspelled at least five words on signs....and let one actually pass through to have no one notice.
"

I have one reverse-lettered window I did in 1986, in black ('open hours' for a barbershop), backed up in white enamel on a door glass pane.
Try lettering small script in reverse- I got 'an' painted, instead of 'am' for the morning hours-I must have lost count of the number of ups and downs before the end of the letter!

It's still up there, as fresh as when I painted it- haunts me every time we drive past!!!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're in the National Gallery of London to see Van Eyck's Arnolfini Wedding Portrait, and your main interest in the picture is his elaborate signature.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You stop in a parking lot to check out the striping on some car and look for the signature.
You feel more comfortable in those paint pants than in any other clothes.
Someone doesn't recognize you in nice clothes and says something like.."I didn't recognize you without your pants on".
You can always find your lettered vehicle in a parking lot.
When people meet you and you tell them what you do, they know you by your signs.
You have a box of one hair brushes that you can't part with.
When people think it's funny to make faces at you as you paint in reverse on a window. Course...that hasn't happened for a long time.
You can't stand the smell of vinyl.
When people stop and ask you where you got those neat painted pants.
When there has been at least one time that you have placed the wrong end of the paint brush in your mouth to get off the ladder. Yick!

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I die, I've left instructions in my will that I be cremated with my paint-spattered sign clothes on, cause that's who I am (or was).

Besides, it'll make a much hotter fire.....

Yeah, I'm a signpainter.....and damn proud of it!

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When your surprised at stuff you find in your
70 yr old Gerstner, (former tool box) from when you left the toolmaker trade to go back to sign
painting.
OR...
You don't care if the bee stings you while you are finishing a serif on the last line of copy
of that sign.
It is sitting on your collar and waits while you
finish, then flies away.
Or..
You hope that Bull, (who's been watching you
for a while) goes away before you finish the
billboard job in the pasture.

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or you know people like Jack Wills, Bill Davidson, Kent Smith, Moon Mullins, Rick Glawson, Mike Clines, Jim Moser Gary Rhodes, Rick Sacks, Megan Sacks, Bill Diaz, Nancy Bennett, Dan Sawatzsky, Bill Riedel, David Butler, Sonny Franks, Carole Bersin, Carl Rohrs, Brent Logan, Mark Oatis, Alicia Jennings, Tony Segale, Dale Manor, Ray Guzman, Cisco Vargas, Dave Petri, Patrick Smith, and hundreds more that have shared their wisdom, their stories, their lives with you....Gotta know your a signpainter then.

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judy, I love you...

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

You still have that box of patterns that has signs from businesses that are no longer in business, thinking that you might someday be able to use just part of it.

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico

Mark Baty
Deceased

Member # 9776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Baty   Email Mark Baty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know you're a sign painter when, (and I,can
tell how many years you've been one), by looking at the half moon paint smears on your pants, from pushing up the paint stroke that over shot the base line, and then cleaning your middle finger on your pants, so you don't finger print your surface.

This observation will tell if your a righty or
a lefty, also. Mark Baty

--------------------
Mark Baty
Mark 1 Studio
1980 SE Leeann Drive
Waukee, IA 50263

Posts: 45 | From: Waukee, Iowa | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!