Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Computer question for the guru's.... (windows 7 pro 64) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Computer question for the guru's.... (windows 7 pro 64)
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the new layout of Windows 7 - love it in fact.

However, I have been a bit disappointed in the fact that this newly touted 'stable' operating system has given me several blue screens of death, and unexpected shutdowns.

Per Glenn Taylor's suggestion... I have just double-checked my drivers... motherboard and peripheral hardware... and they are all up-to-date Windows 7 64 bit drivers.

I just deleted my temp files also...

So, I'm not sure what to do at this point. The system works fine, but I surely cannot have confidence at this point that it will run reliably.

Any suggestions? Here are some screen shots ( of my last unexpected shutdown - shown in three screenshots to get all the data for you )

I sure appreciate your help. Computer topics may not be the most exciting in a forum as this, but they are vitally important to the sign business today... so again, I appreciate the advice of any sign/computer guru's out there.

I haven't experienced any shutdowns while I am actually working on the computer yet. Seems like I find this happen after the computer has gone into power-saving 'sleep' mode. Wondering if there is a connection here? Maybe motherboard driver related to this function?

Edit:

Device Manager shows NO conflicts.

System specs:

Processor: Intel i7 2.66 processor
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
Ram: 12 gb (OCZ) installed as 6 - 2gb sticks
Video: Evga G-Force 8800 GTS (dual dvi)
Hard Drive: Western Digital 140 gb SAS 15K rpm boot drive
Storage drives: Samsung SATA 1 tb 7200 rpm (2 of these)
Power Supply: Corsair 850 watt
USB add-on PCIE card (4 ports)
Floppy/Card Reader: powered by Internal usb connector on Pcie USB card
DVD drives: Samsung Super Writer DVD recordable drives (2 of these)

I'm committed to working with this system... so please, positive, helpful suggestions only.

-

-

-

[ November 30, 2009, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't you say your motherboard was an Asus?

CM5570 by any chance?

Also, there may be a faulty component....

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20091104142339765&board_id=1&model=P5LD2-VM+SE&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

[ November 30, 2009, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Glenn Taylor ]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn - I just edited/updated my original post... this may shed some additional light? Thanks.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd,
You may want to check your Ram.. I had a similar Problem with an asus board and All version of windows. It was a bad stick of Ram. Take all your Memory out and reseat it. do 2 sticks boot 2 stick then boot.. Sometimes windows 64 has a hard time with a lot of memory.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd, check this out. It seems to describe your the exact problem you're having and provides a solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/39861-bsod-need-help-minidump-files.html

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Evans
Visitor
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Evans   Email Bruce Evans       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'd pull the ram out and try 1 stick at a time, or whatever the minimum is (maybe 2 sticks). Anytime I had blue screen problems in the past, it was usually memory related. This being pre-windows 7. The thread Glenn posted sounded reasonable about the memory voltage being incorrectly set. Your computer guy could have easily let it slip by.

Turn off the hibernate function and see if it eventually blues out. If not, somebody on that forum could probably suggest a better possibility related to that part of the system.

Curtis seems to be alot more on top of this stuff. Sad thing is I was a CIS major but I'm a little out of tune when it comes to 7

Tha Mac guys gotta be loving this about now!

--------------------
Bruce Evans
Crown Graphics
Chino, CA
graphics@westcoach.net

Posts: 912 | From: Chino, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Us Mac guys would never say anything about a problem like this...

We would never laugh at Todd's or any other PC's problem... I just thought of a very funny joke at the very same instant I read the title of the thread...

It was coincidence .... REALLY!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Thanks guys - checking into all these things now... Also sent a IM to Curtis and Jon to see if they have any suggestions - will keep you posted.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Well, I just got off the horn with OCZ - my memory module manufacturer - and they went through the Bios with me on the memory settings - which were all set to "auto" previously.... so I entered all the correct values per his instruction.

He said this could be causing me BSOD errors... so I think I will run the computer now with the correct settings and see if that solves the issue.

If not, I have also downloaded the blue screen program Glenn linked me to... so that it will give more descriptive explanations of the problem... and hopefully that will give me more concrete clues if the problem persists...

Any more thoughts? I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks Bill and Bruce and everyone so far... I will also test the memory by removing it and running it separately ... but I did run it through MemTest86 V4.0.... for about an hour or so and nothing glaring popped up.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as i was taught back when DOS 5.0 was the "new kid on the block"..........and the person who told me this was a computer programmer.............
if you want TROUBLE FREE OPERATION.......always stay back 1 version of any NEW OS SYSTEM........and let the one who load it 1st do the BETA TESTING))))))

[ November 30, 2009, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Probably good advice for the future,OP... but hindsight is 20/20. At this point, I'm more interested in concrete solutions. [Smile]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me drags OP into the present...

Lots of good guesses. But no one read the error report...

empty the entire temp folder appdata/ local/ temp... and delete the minidump folder in the windows folder.

another $50 bux please...

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Curtis posted while I was typing..... try his solution before reading all this.... LOL)

Todd, I haven't had time to study this or read all through the other links posted... but a couple ideas...

Have you tried turning your overclocking back to normal speed and see if that makes the BSOD quit?

You were having trouble with the wireless networking... I'd also try temporarily disabling that and see if that fixes it..

Like has been mentioned, a flaky memory stick is very often a cause for BSOD... I'd try the suggestions given about pulling some sticks out, and seeing if I could eliminate it down to a bad stick.

Also, (like Bruce mentioned) if you are letting your computer go into full hibernation, I'd turn that off too. Hibernation has always been a little flaky depending on your hardware...

As far as OP's post about OSes. I've installed Windows 7 on about 10 computers now and haven't had the least bit of trouble. Almost always has found ALL the drivers it needed automatically. No complaints from the users.... it has been fast, rock solid and over-all a lot better than Vista, in my opinion.

None of those have been a top-end collection of advanced hardware like you're running though... with the highend Asus motherboard, OCZ memory, overclocking, SAS, etc.

(Yeah, you Mac guys are right, Todd would not have had a lot of his problems upgrading a Mac, because it's nearly impossible to have these higher end components and setups on a Mac... in fact, Todd, it might be best to sell that extremely troublesome PC to me, and put that money towards a new Mac... [Wink] )

[ November 30, 2009, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Jon Jantz ]

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Curtis, would that be the same as when I suggested to Todd to ....

quote:
Also, go to "Start/run/%temp%" and delete all of the files that you can and then reboot.
....here?

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Curtis - thanks man!! I enacted your suggestion - and humbly appreciate your help!!

Jon -

Overclocking had been eliminated between my post indicating it was 'tweaked' and now...so that element was out of the equation.

Tested the memory - at least through the software link Glenn provided and it checked 'ok.'

I did just go in and look at my hibernation. It was already set to 'always off.'...but the "hybrid sleep was set to 'on.' Is that ok? Or should I turn it off too? Here's a partial screen shot of the settings...
 -

Edit: Oh..and the wireless has since been resolved and works well now - - I ran out and got a 'known' working wireless card and windows 7 detected it immediately.

[ November 30, 2009, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Another question:

Under the "power Options' category in the Control Panel.... under the 'advanced settings' tab.... should I have PCI Express/Link State Power Management set to "Moderate power savings" or set to "off?"

Thanks.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

I have mine turned off.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Bruce Evans
Visitor
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Evans   Email Bruce Evans       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this was a fresh install, or an upgrade? If it was a fresh install, i don't see why you'd be needing to dump any temp stuff at this point.

If it's an upgrade.......and it were me.....i'd move any vital data to another drive and do a fresh install and not upgrade. There could be some little gremlin driver in there that just isn't cooperating with an upgrade. Probably not helpful if you purchased an upgrade though.

--------------------
Bruce Evans
Crown Graphics
Chino, CA
graphics@westcoach.net

Posts: 912 | From: Chino, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Thanks Glenn -

Bruce - this was a fresh install...

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Sean G. Starr
Visitor
Member # 1549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean G. Starr   Author's Homepage   Email Sean G. Starr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We run a pc (windows xp) and an imac. The mac has only crashed once, and that was while running entourage (a Microsoft program) and the pc has regular glitches.

I know that some of you will gripe for me saying so, but the mac outperforms the pc daily. We looked at Windows 7 when we bought the imac, and it just didn't make sense. When the pc croaks, we will be replacing it with another mac.

--------------------
Starr Studios
Denton, Texas
http://www.starrstudios.net

Posts: 214 | From: Denton, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
this was a fresh install, or an upgrade? If it was a fresh install, i don't see why you'd be needing to dump any temp stuff at this point.
Because the temp folder is full of temporary installer data and other config data.. and who knows what else,,, some of those install configure files are still running and causing interrupts...

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

quote:
"Start/run/%temp%"
Glenn ,, same idea,, different folder

--------------------

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Thanks for all your helpful advice folks! Keeping my fingers crossed.... I haven't had a BSOD (blue screen of death) since I started making these changes yesterday...so we'll see if 'she' holds up. I'll keep you posted.

I'll also keep my eyes peeled for updated drivers as they become available...

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...ALL of the problems Todd writes about and all of the PC tech experts advice, is nothing more than an ADVERTISEMENT as to why Macs are better units and easier to use for most of us.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

William, I dare you to try to upgrade your Mac with a new video card and new USB port.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Jerry Berg
Visitor
Member # 7841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Berg   Email Jerry Berg       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Start/run/%temp%"
Not trying to hijack this thread but, would deleting the temp files mentioned here be recommended for anyone with any OS? I looked in this location after reading this and it's got a lot of folders...

thanks!

--------------------
Jerry Berg
South Paw Sign
Washington State

Posts: 87 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Jerry,

Its safe to delete the files in the temp folder.

When I was having a problem with installing the software for a new scanner/printer, the first thing tech support did was clear out the temp folder.

In doing so, you may find your computer loading a tad faster.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glen, did both with a Mac, no problem. What's the big deal?

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5398 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish this site had a block feature. I'd have quite a list.

For the hundreth time, Dave, Billy and you other non-reading comprehension types.... if Todd had a normal system he wouldn't be having these problems. A lot of the higher end components he's running are either not available on Macs or cause EVEN MORE FREAKIN' PROBLEMS on them... so why do you have to push your SH!T in every thread?

I hope all your motherboards go out on your Macs, the day after they are out of warranty. Instead of $119, you'll be looking at probably $800. And it can happen on a Mac, believe me. I have a friend who's experienced it lately.

Ok... I feel better, now. Carry on.

[ December 01, 2009, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Jon Jantz ]

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Someone is bitter, bitter, bitter. And overly defensive...

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

No, just tired of Todd having problems with his PC and it turning into a Mac circle jerk.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com

Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jon, I don't know how you manage it, but you say the things that I think... except better.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Ok dudes....

I've not been totally innocent in the Mac / PC wars... but at least I can attest to the pluses and minuses of both systems - having both myself.

In the final chapter - like someone said a hundred times and a hundred years ago - it really only matters what you personally like, and what you're comfortable with.

Probably not much sense, in hindsight, in comparing 'my cool thing to your inferior thing'...because it's really inconsequential to daily life.

That said, I posted this topic because I earnestly wanted people who know more than I about computers to help me get my system tuned to perform the sign and design related tasks for which it was built.

And I very humbly - and sincerely thank those that contributed toward the success of this endeavor: Curtis, Jon, Bruce, Glenn, and others.

C'mon Bill... no need to toss chum in the water for your own entertainment.

As Jon has stated: This system is a custom system, built with some high performance hardware and unusual configurations: much of which I have had little to no experience with. As it gets tweaked to perfection, I'll learn a little more than I knew before and should have a fast/robust system. Ferrari's need tinkering with too, ya know? What's so bad about learning about how computers work through experimentation? I like to learn the why's and why not's of things.

By the way... so far, since I have enacted the advice of the good people who were generous enough to offer it, I haven't experienced another Blue Screen/Unexpected shutdown....

Also - back to the subject: I talked to the OCZ tech support... and I had all my dram settings set back to default when I let a less-than-able Asus tech guy talk me into taking out the motherboard battery and rebooting at one point...wiped my bios settings.

So... I think a big part of the BSOD problems were that my motherboard dram defaults were all jacked... The OCZ memory tech went through the bios with me and had me put in all the correct dram timings, voltage settings, as well as had me de-tune the ram speed down from 1600 to 1333...because he said that it was too fast for 6 sticks of memory in my particular motherboard.

So... we'll see how she acts the next few days.

Thanks again guys for all the unselfish help - - this truly is a great place with a lot of helpful, kind people.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

You're welcome.... I apologize (to you) for going 'Todd' on the Mac fanboys...

As far as the car comparison it's more like this..

It's like the guy who puts a 800hp blown engine in his hotrod, is having trouble setting the timing and in the middle of the discussion there are about 2 or 3 people who keep repeating...

"If you'd have a 4-door Mercedes like me, this wouldn't be happening to you."

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

There you go... good analogy. The sideline 'noise' isn't very helpful. [Wink] This is what I have, regardless of opinion, and I just want to work the bugs out.

Thanks again for the help Jon...

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Todd,

You had the ram jacked up to 1600?!

Hehehehe....I haven't tried that one yet.

Jon, well said.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

V'rooom V'room.... [Smile]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, touchy touchy. Glen says to try to upgrade a video card or add a usb port to a Mac, and I said I've done both. How does that qualify as pushing any kind of sh!t on you? Talk about non reading. Your rage over the fact that someone likes something different than you, and actually has the nerve to express it is consuming you. You PC fan boys are worse than the Mac fan boys. Please block me.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5398 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

The reason MACS do not have these problems is because they are locked into what is given them. And then only after they bash the PC users who are experimenting with them.

The PC side has a gagillion iterations of options to choose from. Each and every one cannot be tested to perfection. If someone wishes to get on the cutting edge they have to put up with just a few minor glitches. They are easy to iron out. Just a few tries and he is ready to go.

The pee match starts when someone on the cutting edge does not get perfection the first try and the MAC fanboys jump on and spew their mine is better (mine is bigger?) thesis.

I like the gagillion options. It pushes the cutting edge even sharper. And then if the MAC fanboys would notice and admit.. Those cutting edge options later find their way to the MAC.

Hmmm. lets see here..

Ethernet. is one. Intel chips is another, standardized ram chips should be mentioned in passing... Oh yes.. shall we mention the video cards now available where at one time there was just one option.?

Oh yes, at one time a few geeks were even testing and running XP windows on MAC before it was even acknowledged it was possible. At that time the fanboys had their own grand mall hissy fit and started spewing the copyright law campaign.

Today they should be thanking those PC geeks because from that came out the parallels type software packages. Sheesh.

--------------------

Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Can't resist
MAC

More
Antiquated
Components

[ December 01, 2009, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: William DeBekker ]

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!