Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » The BIG day is coming!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The BIG day is coming!!!
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today Phoebe and I had to go to the post office to mail a package. We decided to walk because as Raymond knows everything in Yarrow is only a half a block away. We were skipping down the sidewalk trying our very best not to get blown away by the VERY STRONG wind!!! As we passed the deli (we were stopping for a treat on the way back) Phoebe noticed they had put up the Christmas decorations on the telephone poles. THAT was a very exciting thing!

The Christmas decorations sparked a conversation about our favorite things about Christmas. I mentioned that the TURKEY dinner was high on my list. Phoebe looked at me incredulously and exclaimed that TURKEY dinner only happened in fall. (We just celebrated our Canadian thanksgiving a few weeks back.) No matter how hard I tried to convince Phoebe it was true she was even surer I was just teasing her. We decided to let the lady in the post office settle it. And luckily the post office lady agreed with grampa! Phoebe asked her momma and grandma when we got back just to be sure.

Once we were back to the shop with the treat from the deli it was time to work on Phoebe's Christmas present - a new bed for her room. Phoebe thinks we are building a new hay rack for the horses and she eagerly helped where she could. Her 'new' bed is actually an old cut down version from IKEA. The bed had been stored in the basement for years - unassembled of course. The directions were long gone - although thankfully all the pieces were there. With Phoebe direction the bed went together in only a couple of tries.

As we neared completion Phoebe was eager to try out the ladder and under close supervision I let her at it. The bed is now only three foot six off the ground but to an almost five year old it was like a half a block in Yarrow... HIGH!!!

Once she was comfortable with the altitude I snapped this picture... I was laying flat on the floor and using a wide angle lens... making it seem as high in the photo as it felt to Phoebe.
[IMGhttp://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w332/grampadan_2008/phoebeonhighbed.jpg?t=1258425059[/IMG]

We are flying HIGH in Yarrow...

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With your permission Dan!

-

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8878 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, that's my perspective on everything.

Phoebe is getting older. What a difference a year makes. She is a famous young lady. I wonder if she knows how well she is known around the country?

Half a block? I remember asking Dan about where the post office was - oh, about half a block. Sure. I finally drove down to mail my letter.

Things are big in Texas, but in Yarrow the blocks are REALLY big. The next time I have to walk the half block to Donna's house from Dan's I'm going to pack a lunch.

[ November 17, 2009, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Raymond Chapman ]

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That youngster has it all, I can see, and a Grandpa that loves her to pieces. How many kids get to live in an environment as fun and unique as that?

What I enjoyed most out of that story was the fact that, even at five, she knew that Gramps might be pulling her leg with the turkey story. Live by the tease, die by the tease, right, Dan?

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy what a bed and bedroom. Although she is the first kid that I ever saw have a block and tackle in her ceiling. Way too cute. Where does the time go. It seems like just yesterday she was 2.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, there's a bolt missing up there at the top.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there's a screw loose on the floor. [Cool]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there will be "stitters" everywhere.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put in the last bolt after the photograph... nothing I can do 'bout the loose screw or the 'stitters'.

Life is good in Yarrow...

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bec Bermudez
Visitor
Member # 8219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bec Bermudez   Author's Homepage   Email Bec Bermudez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Bec "Phoebe's Mom" Bermudez
Sawatzky's Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, BC

Posts: 103 | From: Yarrow, BC | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well- personally, I am really disappointed in the whole project! I was expecting to see a 'one of a kind" magical bed, with all kinds of "Dan" special touches!- and all it is- is a bunch of plain 'ol lumber- STORE BOUGHT,PREFAB, LUMBER! I hope Phoebe isn't too disappointed when she finds out it is not just a hayrack!

Just kidding!- I love the photos from Bec! They grow up way too fast!

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1736 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, Samantha had a bed just like that! Now you have to make sure you put LOTS of those glow in the dark stars on the ceiling so she can fall asleep in the stars. :-)

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm... glow in the dark stitters.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bec Bermudez
Visitor
Member # 8219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bec Bermudez   Author's Homepage   Email Bec Bermudez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Michael - This is just a project to get her into a new bed and make space in her room. Her daddy is reserving the right to theme the next incarnation of her room, so Grampa has to keep his hands off in that respect! She'll be getting a revamp to her room once the REST of the house is finished! I still don't have a bathroom sink! LOL [Smile]

Here is her daddy's website... http://www.stonetreestudios.com - as you can see... it's all relative!

(Hmmmm... the site is down. Time to yell at the host. Grrrr.)

[ November 18, 2009, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Bec Bermudez ]

--------------------
Bec "Phoebe's Mom" Bermudez
Sawatzky's Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, BC

Posts: 103 | From: Yarrow, BC | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!