Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » corel-graphtec?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: corel-graphtec?
Tony Segale
Visitor
Member # 1380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Segale   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Segale       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone cutting directly from corel to their graphtec plotter?
I have Corel X3 and a Graphtec FC4100....

having problems communicating...

--------------------
Tony Segale
Segale Fine Art & Gold Leaf Sign Co
Lodi, CA
www.tonysegale.com

""and he took that golden hair and made a sweater for baby bear"

Posts: 216 | From: Lodi,CA,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think graphtec.........has a driver available to do that.

[ October 12, 2009, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Diaz
Resident

Member # 7319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Ben Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have an FC5100-75 (which is a little old) and we could get it to cut directly from corel until we switched over to Vista, after that the driver was no longer compatible (old machine). We installed Cutting Master 2 and it will cut from Corel now, although it is a little glitchy. Try the Graphtec website. If all else fails, you can call Graphtec and they should be able to figure something out to get you up and running.

--------------------
Ben Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W Lincoln Ave
www.diazsignart.com < basic site
www.diazsignart.net < flash site
muralmuseum.com < International Walldog Mural & Sign Art Museum

Posts: 316 | From: Pontiac Il | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Segale
Visitor
Member # 1380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Segale   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Segale       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should have been more specific, given more info...
I do have the new driver from Graphtec for WinXP, rec'd tech support from Graphtec with a test file to insure info is coming from the Com1 port to the plotter, but for some reason, when asking to print from Corel, the window on the plotter gives a 'blink of an eye' message it is working, and nothing happens...
Is it settings within Corel, and if so,
apparently I'm not finding them....?

[ October 12, 2009, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Tony Segale ]

--------------------
Tony Segale
Lodi, CA
www.tonysegale.com

Posts: 216 | From: Lodi,CA,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the plotter set to HP-GL or GP-GL (under Command on on my FC7000-75). I think it has to be on GP-GL

I cut using the Cutting Master on the plotters CD. It shows in the application launcher in X3.

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Segale
Visitor
Member # 1380

thanks, Amy...
yes, it is set at Gp-GL...

I should load my CorelX# disc and find the app launche for the cutting master, is that correct?

--------------------
Tony Segale
Lodi, CA
www.tonysegale.com

Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I put my CD in for the Graphtec I think it asks if I want to install Cutting Master. I'm not sure of the exact process.

It then acts basically like FlexiSign or VELxi from SignWarehouse.

It is automatically put in the application launcher, I think, when you install it.

I have a good phone number for Graphtec that I will email to you tomorrow. You have to leave a message for a call back but the guy is really good.

Sorry I am not more help. It's been a long time since I went through the process.

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iam not sure........BUT ON MY ROLANDS......& COREL, you have to treat the plotter as a PRINTER.....connecting off LPT-1 back of computer, and telling corel that the plotter is a printer.......settiing up a page in corel to match the page size & orintatiaon of the plotter..... or a usb to LPT PORT om plotter.

[ October 12, 2009, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Segale
Visitor
Member # 1380

well, thanks again amy and joe...
however, I've been in contact with the guy at graphtec support, he did all he could, said it must be in corel...

I do have it set as printer in corel, com1 per instructions from graphtec support... graphtec support did send a test which ran thru the port to the plotter and worked,
but when I try to print/plot thru corel, I get a flash in the plotter window 'working' and then nothing happens...

very strange...
are there more specific steps or settings you use in corel, to print/plot?

--------------------
Tony Segale
Lodi, CA
www.tonysegale.com

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony...Wish I could help more..but I have never used a Grahptec cutter.

However, OP is correct CorelDraw recognises the cutter as a printer and therefore requires that the cutter be connected to an LPT printer port not a COM serial port.

If the Graphtec driver is similar to the Roland drivers then you have to assign a hairline outline, in CorelDraw, to anything you wish to cut. If you don't, everything will look good to go but nothing will happen.

Sent OP a return airplane ticket and he'll get it fixed up in no time!!!! Heck send me airfare and I'll do it!!!!!!! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Antonio, you must have purchased a right handed plotter. Turn it around.

PS. Howz the grape harvest there?

[ October 13, 2009, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Rick Sacks ]

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6713 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Segale
Visitor
Member # 1380

all issues are solved by downloading a trial version of CoCut...plots right out.

In a nut shell, previously on my old computer, which is failing, I had SignLab5... I refuse to be held hostage to upgrade at a cost of $800 to version SL8, should be able to cut direct from corelX3 , however that apparently is not possible
CoCut is less expensive than the SL8...

I prefer to create all of my commercial art by hand,
so my plotter is my drawing and pouncing employee, 90% of the time.
I do have Corel x3 and Adobe CS4 for creating logo and graphic design for clients, but prefer the hand lettering end of the biz.

All is now solved and I thank all who provided input.

Rick, yes I tried turning the plotter around,
it is not, like myself, ambi-Dexter...
Grape harvest was going well, until today's blustery weather...however, it is an excellent opportunity now to toast a glass of full bodied red.

"what good are computers, they can only give you answers", Pablo Picasso

Aho.

--------------------
Tony Segale
Lodi, CA
www.tonysegale.com

Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tony, haven't talked with you since MooseJaw @ Kelly's meet.

Are you sure the black outline you are cutting is a hairline? I had trouble some years ago because I had upgraded to a new version of Corel and Corel preferences was set to put the outline to .5 instead of hairline. It sounds as if Corel thinks its doing the job, as you are getting a flash of a message. The reason it doesn't do anything might possibly be the line is set wrong. Just a suggestion. Sometimes these things are just fluke.

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Segale
Visitor
Member # 1380

Hi Deri,

yes it has been a while, hope all is well.

I went back and tried a hairline and a 1/2 point line, neither worked. At HP-GL, error...
at GP-GL, flash working but nothing happens again. Your suggestion is appreciated, though.

Sent both thru CoCut, and all is good.
I have a 30day trial with CoCut, so, if someone can figure this out...the clock is ticking until Nov 13.

Just might make sense to move on.

--------------------
Tony Segale
Lodi, CA
www.tonysegale.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!