Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Thank you Walldogs from Bill Diaz

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thank you Walldogs from Bill Diaz
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know whether it's possible to type with tears streaming down your face, but I'll give it a whirl. I've been in a trance the whole time and have yet to come out of it. Walldogs were here yesterday and we went out for lunch and hung out during the evening. It was fitting that Cisco was the first to arrive and the last to leave, saying goodbye just a few moments ago. He was like a gunslinger from the old west who arrived into town to foretell of events to come.

It probably isn't possible to thanks you all enough for the wonderful experience we shared in my hometown. I guess everyone in a tight knitted community such as ours is eventually called upon to lend a hand involving their field of expertise to help specific causes. Our time came and we were convinced that what we'd experienced through our walldog meets was our best shot at helping our town prosper into the future.

Any walldog will tell you that whether the event is in their town or someone elses, the feeling of fulfillment knowing that you have made a positive difference in people's lives is an instrument we should all use to promote ourselves and our allied trades. It's no secret that we are mystery to a lot of people who measure success in terms of material wealth only. Those people in our community and others where we have performed our magic are now in awe of us. In the wake of our efforts they are humbled. This gives us credibility and takes us from the fringes of society into the core -- where we belong. I have insisted people repect me and the work I do throughout my career and the event we just shared gives credence to my insistance.

The generosity the walldogs displayed at this festival must have made the stingy amongst us cower ... as they should. Life is so much richer when you give of yourself. A spot in heaven awaits us all.

I have never witnessed more generosity, enthusiasm and love from the walldogs as was contributed this past week in Pontiac, Illinois. It was simply beathtaking. I'm bursting with pride. Our town also rallied for the cause.

In this case the momentum gathered a few months back by our locals and when their time to display generosity came, they made our family proud.

As I see it a walldog festival is a 2 part recipe. On the one hand you have the walldogs who can transform the mundane into beauty -- their energy, fun and comeradery is now lengendary. On the other hand the communities are asked to do their part to prepare the way for the magic to take place, feed, house and entertain the dogs and make sure they are pampered along the way. Each community takes this simple shell of an idea and makes it their own.

To all the project leaders: Francisco Vargas, Tom and Kathy Durham, Sonny Franks, Judy Grossman, Jay Allen, Dale Manor, Cam Bortz, Carole Bersin, Michael Clark, Nancy Bennett, Bernie Gietl, Bernie Poff, Bernie Lohmeyer, David and Susie Butler, Dan Sawatsky, Rob Estes, Steve Connor, Mike Meyer, Adam May, Gary Anderson and Steve and Gloria Estes ... you made it happen ... one of the best events of all. My family will be indebted to you all for the rest of our lives. We will be avid supporters of all things "walldog" henceforth.

To all attendees of this event: Bless your heart. I love you all. If I didn't get to sit and visit with you all, I apologize -- just remember I was just along for the ride and did my best. I hope you found the experience to be the adventure of a lifetime as we did.

I'm humbled beyond description and have received more atta boys than I'm worthy to have received. I'm kind of out of my element with that -- not used to the attention -- hoping it will disapate soon so I can return to being just "Bill".

It's all so emotional. Love you!!!!!!!!!!

[ June 30, 2009, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Bill Diaz ]

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom & Kathy Durham   Email Tom & Kathy Durham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are all one big family, we stand united in love of each other and our craft. We are there to help when someone needs a hand. This time our family Diaz. Thank you for this experience.

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Posts: 654 | From: House Springs, MO | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh-oh, here come the tears again.

Bill, I knew long before I ever arrived in Pontiac that this would be the Walldog Meet that raises the bar to an unprecedented level. We can only imagine the effort by the town of Pontiac, but we all know it could never have happened without the inspiration, enthusiasm, and dedication of the Diaz Family. Those of us who were fortunate enough to be there will be changed forever. We can't thank you enough..........

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Staffan
Resident

Member # 4552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Staffan   Email Sam Staffan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Motion noted, motion approved. It's now law... The Diaz Family are the Greatest!

Thank you!

-

Oh!, And thanks Sonny for the banner... I have know idea where he got it from [I Don t Know] but thanks anyway. [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Sam Staffan
Mackinaw Art & Sign
721 S. Nokomis St. Mackinaw City, MI
dstaffan@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1694 | From: Mackinaw City, MI | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Justin Cook
Visitor
Member # 10797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justin Cook   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Cook       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are the ones to be thanked! What an absolutely amazing event. I know this was only my first Walldog meet, but I have a feeling it will be hard to top in the future. I'm still trying to process all that happened, as it was a whirlwind of new experiences and meeting great people. Thank you so much for making it all happen!

--------------------
Justin Cook
Dimension Sign Studio
PO Box 28288
Richmond, Virginia 23228

Posts: 25 | From: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said. Very well said.

Family, Bill . . . just one big family.

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com
http://www.shawcraft.com/

"The object of the superior man is truth."
-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Estes
Visitor
Member # 3921

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Estes   Email David Estes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David "Herbie" Estes in dah house to weigh in with a Great Big
A • W • E • S • O • M • E
to everyone that Ran With The Dogs In Pontiac, Illinois.
The Diaz clan, along with all of their staffing, city officials &
each of those working behing the scenes gets the permanent
pat on the back .. it is east to see, even from my vantage point,
that tons of thought & effort went into making your meet a huge
success .. love reading the comments & seeing the work in pics.
I wish I could have been there .. I appreciate each & every piece
of work that was presented by all the Walldogs, But their are
two of them that I am especially cranked over .. that of my Son,
Rob Estes & Brother & Sis 'n Law Steve & Gloria Estes .. Y'all Rock!

--------------------
David Estes
West Kentucky Outdoor Signs
8975 Hwy. 62
Calvert City, KY 42029
ffw2@hcis.net

Posts: 15 | From: Possum Trot, KY | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was cool and very educational to watch the Diaz family operate together. On the public stage their love was certainly evident... but even more so in the many private happenings which occured over the course of the weekend. They were constantly working together to make this event go forward seamlessly. Imagine the gargantuan task of herding over 150 independantly minded Letterheads and and fullfilling all the endless needs in a timely fashion - all without one single complaint.

The Diaz family truly love and support each other and those around them. Thank you for showing us how it should be done!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Dan! I think that is the best Thank you and compliment I've gotten! I love my guys and I have to admit, there WERE a few moments when we might have snarled at each other a bit (Hey, it was HOT!), but we took a minute to make up and pull for each other. Sometimes I worry a bit that Bill and I got lots of pats on the backs but the two boys were overlooked. But they really are a BIG part of all that happened. They aren't always very obvious about what they do, but let me tell you they BOTH DID TONS! [Applause] I'm so proud of them!! They are great guys! And Ashley, my new daughter, called me "MOM" for the first time during the meet. I thought I'd cry....but they say I cry all the time! [Roll Eyes]
We all won on this one!! The Walldogs earned a BUNCH of respect with their talent, kindness and great hearts. The townspeople were SO generous and got right into the spirit of the event. And the Diaz Family will thank ALL of you forever for the WONDERFUL memories!! [Applause] [Applause]

[ June 30, 2009, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that Jane and Bill. As an old timer who has been to many meets over the years, it was obvious that this was building up to be one of the biggest and best meets ever. There was no way I was going to miss it and boy am I glad to have been there.
There aren't enough words to thank the Diaz family properly for all their effort. God bless them.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The entire experience was just simply marvelous. My hostess, Cathy Grafton was a shining gem in the middle of a gorgeous Victorian Manor. My team pink leader Jay, and his wonderful Jodie, his son Evan and Evan's pretty little gal Presley, Ted Turner, Brad from Thunder Bay, who I will henceforth call Brad from Thunder Bay, Ray Guzman and his son Noah, they all were just a blast! I rode down and back with Kelly Hall, and we laughed so hard sometimes. my cheeks are still hurtin'. I worked a little with Dale Manor, (who did move the awning for me, even though I know he really didn't want to) and we bravely withstood gale force winds to finish up the last few hours of his gorgeous mural. The Diaz Family, ALL the Diaz Family, who worked so so hard to put this thing together. And finally the members of the comunity who just made us feel so welcome, and helped in every way conceiveable. Thank You- you have quite a town there, you should be really proud.
Deri

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the whole Diaz Gang

You know I went back to work on Monday and no one asked for my autograph, there was no envelop marked "monday" with all the food coupons and vouchers I would need for that day, no "site manager" helping me with everything I needed, no one asking if I needed anything and providing it quickly afterwards, and no huge crowd telling my how thankful they were for my efforts! I'm finding it really hard to work under these conditions back here!!! What a great time we had in your wonderful town at this meet! Everything, and I mean everything was done above and beyond what we could have hoped for!

First off, I would like to thank you Bill and the whole Diaz family for all you did leading up to and during this event. You guys are my heros! Special thanks to Ben and Joe for taking care of my "special" pattern needs. And Bill, you saved my bacon there on Saturday by coming by and lending your masterful hand on my project! I am still in a daze that I was actually asked to be one of the project leaders....it was an honor and I hope I was able to live up the high standards that all of you consistently perform at!

I would like to thank all my fellow Letterheads that came by to help out on the mural. Bernie and DL, Chuck Churchill and his wife, Cat, Pat and Dennis, Sarah from the Bersin team, Adam and Bill for the white out!, Ted Turner you were a savior, Sam the leaf painter, Deri and Kelly, you guys were a blast and the canopy was needed and well as the Newshound laughs, (very needed!), Sunset for cheering us on, I'm sorry if I missed you in my hit list here but it all seems like such a blur.... I am deeply in all your debts.

Thanks also to my wonderful host family Mike and Deana Rodino, sorry for waking you guys up at all hours when I came drifting in!

And finally to the Rodino family members, who were by my side through the whole epic and even helped out with some of the painting!

Wow, what a blast....and here is the results of everyone's efforts...

-

[ June 30, 2009, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Dale Manor ]

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ted Turner
Visitor
Member # 2799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ted Turner   Author's Homepage   Email Ted Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill, Jane and the entire Diaz family,

It was an honor to take part in the Pontiac meet. Not enough can be said for the level at which all of you perform (on stage and all that was done behind the scenes!)

The opportunity to work with such a dynamic group of artists does not come along very often, and this was no exception. The people of Pontiac were beyond warm and hospitable. The memories, will last forever.

To the Diaz Family, I thank you.

--------------------
Ted Turner

Paint Designer / Stylist - Styling Dept.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Product Development Center
11800 W. Capitol Drive
Wauwatosa, WI 53222

phone 414.465.6005
cell 414.232.8185
fax 414.465.6330

ted.turner@harley-davidson.com

Posts: 81 | From: Wauwatosa, WI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie Lohmeyer
Visitor
Member # 2076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie Lohmeyer   Email Bernie Lohmeyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thank you very much for letting me and the crew from Kansas be a part of this great event,
and im sure I can talk for the other 2 "BERNIE'S"
that we were all blown away of the well put together Walldog meet..... are hats are off ......here's to ya, Diaz Famliy and the Town of Pontiac...... THANK YOU.....
 -

--------------------
Bernie Lohmeyer
Bernman Graphics
Osage City, KS

Posts: 268 | From: Osage City,Kansas U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Raap
Resident

Member # 3632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Raap   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Raap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big thanks to the Diaz family we had a great time! I know when we have a party here it is a lot of work I can't imagine how much time and work were put in to this event!

Also thanks to the town and especially Bill and Jackie Abraham they were great!

We got a chance to see a lot of friends that we haven't seen in a long time and we made a ton of new friends [Group Hug]

Being able to work next to so much talent is humbling to say the least. These meets are addicting! A good friend of mine told me she always has a meet hangover when she gets home now I know what she was talking about [Smile]

--------------------
Dennis Raap
Raap Signs

Posts: 839 | From: Coopersville, MI | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clark
Visitor
Member # 2268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clark   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill, Jane, Ben & Joe,

What an event!!! You guys are the greatest and I'm very fortunate to have been a part of this spectacular occasion. To get the city involved and realize what this will do for their city was HUGE.

I applaud your efforts, in fact I'm still clapping and will for some time. As having hosted a walldog event I realize the time involved in planning and making sure everything is taken care of.

Thanks to City of Pontiac for stepping up to the plate and delivering the most organized event that I have ever attended. For your efforts everyone has benefited.

Bill, you couldn't have put me with a better host family.

I thank Mick & Carole Peterson for their hospitality and friendship. We had a great time talking football and even had the opportunity to be on Mick's Saturday morning radio talk show. In fact the Mayor even listens to your show.

To my fellow walldogs, Cornbread, South, Sam Staffan, John Parker, Sunset, Dave Parr, Kevin Betz, & Brad Bandow, THANKS for helping in getting the job done.

--------------------
Michael Clark
Clark Signs
138 W. Main St.
Aledo, IL 61231
clarksigns1@yahoo.com
www.clarksigns.net

Posts: 241 | From: Aledo, IL | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie Poff
Visitor
Member # 11380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie Poff   Email Bernie Poff       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a great time in Pontiac. Thankyou so much.
Pontiac is wonderful place. The people I met throughout the event... Thankyou! What a great place to be. What a great place to have been.
Thanks Bill, Jane, Ben, and Joe. It was great meeting you Ben and Joe. There are a lot of great moments in my life, Pontiac is one of them.
Thankyou so much for letting me be apart of such an event. Walldogs are beautiful people.
Thanks, Bernie Poff..Bernie #3

--------------------
Bernie Poff
Bernie's Signs
@ Polliwog Studio
247 5th st.
Prairie Du Sac, WI 53578

Posts: 2 | From: 247 5th St.Prairie Du Sac, WI 53578 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clark we can’t forgot Cookie and Crumbs they both took care of us and put up with all the madness we delivered. Cookie also helped me deliver the best looking pie in the bake off.
Sorry it lost!
I wish I had a picture of the pie!
Clark I just want you to know. It’s been hard to quite you! LAL!!!!!

--------------------
Cornbread or Scott Lindley
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry Clark. Quit you!

--------------------
Cornbread or Scott Lindley
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to chime in here with kudos as well, for the entire Diaz clan as well as the citizens of Pontiac who made it all possible. [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

For me personally, I have to thank the following people - Kathy McLean, our site manager, for making sure we didn't dehydrate, to Joe Diaz for tracking down a roll of transfer tape to use as mask (which ended up in my truck - I owe you guys a roll of 15" medium tack!) To Sonny for the use of the cordless speakers and those great tunes, to Billy Pickett for inspiration and to Doug Allen for all the Kona coffee, (a salvation in the land of Maxwell House [Wink] ) To Bill Riedel, who saved my mural by adding his amazing talent to the "face" of the Palace of Sweets, to John Parker from Iowa and Brenda Bernardi from Pontiac and everyone else who put brush to paint. To Greg whose last name now escapes me for being a gracious host, and to "Rat" the Pontiac house painter who reminded me ever so much, in appearance, attitude, and sense of humor to our own dearly departed Pat King.

Last but not least, to Harry Lowe and Alex Falk. I first met these two guys at Bill Beckner's meet in Pennsylvania in 1992. Harry couldn't make it to this gathering, but his redesign of the Palace of Sweets is now immortalized in Pontiac. And to Alex, who gave so much of his time, talent and energy to this project, and without whom it could not have been made possible. I cannot thank all of you enough.

[Thanks] [Applause] [Thanks]

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clark
Visitor
Member # 2268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clark   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew when I started naming people that I would forget someone. I'm getting older and sometimes the old brain just goes blank.

How could I forget the most important people. Cookie and Crumbs were our site managers and we could not have got it done without them. They were there for us through thick & thin, hot & hotter and better and worse, until the task was complete.

Thank You!!!!!!!

--------------------
Michael Clark
Clark Signs
138 W. Main St.
Aledo, IL 61231
clarksigns1@yahoo.com
www.clarksigns.net

Posts: 241 | From: Aledo, IL | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes and ditto to all that's been said here. You Diaz's are the best! What an amazing team who truely put on the best organized meet I've ever attended. A huge thank you to our site manager Bert who did everything from get us water to walking my dog. Jane, if you can get me her address, both email and snail mail I'd sure appreciate it.

Thank yous to everyone else, too many to list. I was so honored to be a project leader and only wish I'd had a little more time to spend with the rest of my walldog family.

I love you all and look forward to the next time.

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
3527 24th Av S, Minneapolis, Mn 55406
cbersin@visi.com

Posts: 211 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David C. Petri
Visitor
Member # 6645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David C. Petri   Email David C. Petri       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking out over the crowd,I lift my head, remove my hat, clear my throat and yell...PONTIAC ROCKS!!! Thank you Bill, Jane, Ben and Joe and to your extended family and friends for a truly special time...to the great city of Pontiac and it's wonderful people...you're one in a million. We will never forget what took place there.

--------------------
David C. Petri
Flying Peach Custom Paint
Green Bay, WI 54302
cell 920-246-7821

Posts: 79 | From: Green Bay, WI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard to describe a walldog meet...friendship, love, talent, success, powerful, humbling, fun, thankful...and those are just a few of the words to describe all of the emotion associated with being with and sharing with the people that make up the walldog family. How do we properly thank the Diaz family and the citizens of Pontiac for letting us share with them what we love to do and for supporting us so graciously in our need to continue the craft. We'll just say, thanks so much, Bill and Jane (and Joe and Ben and Ashley) for everything, especially allowing us to be a part of this special weekend.

P.S. Don is playing catch up, so I am his surrogate writer. Although I'm not a painter (Tom and Kat can vouch for that), I always enjoy the company at the meets. And I know I'm not alone, isn't that right girls...Jodie and Peggy (oh, and you too, Dan!!)

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2274 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK..I have to put in my 20 cents worth.
WOW! Top of the list, of course Bill and Jane, Ben and Joe. Bill. You are my savior. I know The Chief is in good hands. And yes, the tears are rolling down my face too. The impressive booklet that was onsale, that we humble dogs were asked to sign many times (Now that was a compliment in itself!) was beautifully designed by Joe. Thank you Joe! All the web details were so well put together by Ben. Seamless details. Thank you Ben! We are all in love with you and your beautiful town. What a diamond in the middle of beautiful green fields. I know I am so honored to have been asked to be a part of this spectacular display of abundant love and affection that the Diaz Clan and their townsfolk have for this beautiful diamond. Pride in ownership oozes out of every doorway.
Thanks to my great hosts (yes...and Michael's hosts too)Mick and Carole Peterson. They are sending me all the brushes that I cleaned late Sunday nite and left drying on their kitchen table...Oops. Remembered that one on the shuttle to the airport. I felt like I was part of their family. Sharing those showers never did work out, though, Michael!
Thank yous going to Carole Bersin, lettering at midnight because she was too wired to stop after she stopped on her mural. Cat Kennedy for starting the whole thing off, my dear heart other savior...Bill Riedel. I love YOU! Bernis Poff, you are just the sweetest...coming in after working on yours and doing anything to lend a hand and willing to be there to do whatever it would take. Julie Bertrand and her buddy Bryan. Julie crawling under the shelf that I was standing on and figuring out the right shadows for those incised letters...along with Chris Elliott...who I was worried might not be able to get up after he was down there. Bert, my site manager, that was forcing fluids and food on me and kept me going. Mike Redino and Bob Seers...You guys are ANIMALS! Better than the energizer bunnies. Hey Don, you saved what was left of my legs by setting up that great shelf. I need to get one of those things. Ray Guzman...Thank you so much for talking me off the ledge. Your peaceful tenderness meant so much. Thanks to the Super Chief Pontiac historian, Bob Sullivan, who gave me a Chief Pontiac gift of history and checked up on me several times a day with wonderful smiles and encouragement and the City Administrator, Bob Carls...Man! That guys was EVERYWHERE! Always with a huge smile and thankfulness.He admitted that Bill was hard to say no to. And most things that Bill insisted on had come through because he demanded that resspect. And we love you so much, Bill, for those demands and so much more. You Da Man!

Meeting new friends, refreshing old connections (especially with my Old BF, Sonny. And finally meeting the wonderful woman that puts up with you!)It all seems like the best dream I've ever had. And Dale, you're right, I miss my envelopes and vouchers too. Back to reality, with a fresh outlook, wonderful memories and a sense of humble honor for being able to be a small part of a Diaz BIG DREAM. Thank you for dreaming BIG!

Almost forgot...Big thank yous to the live Blues Jam on Thurs. nite...AWESOME! Danced my tale off...still a little left, tho. And Dog Allen...my hero. Thanks so much for the coffee. Saved my brain. And you sure know how to use those sticks, man!

Dreaming of Pontiac...
Judy

[ July 01, 2009, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Judy Grossman ]

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom & Kathy Durham   Email Tom & Kathy Durham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Point, Dora is indeed a great painter and a true letterhead and walldog. I'll take her as a crew member anywhere. Don is one lucky Dog!

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Posts: 654 | From: House Springs, MO | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Guzman
Resident

Member # 5856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Guzman   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Guzman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill, Jane and the boy's,
I left my Heart in Pontiac! Thank You for hosting one of the most exciting, memorable, and rewarding Wall Dog Meets in my history.
This meet not only re-ignited a fire of friendships and inspirations
with old and new Wall dogs, but the Pontiac people as well. We left with friendship roots in Pontiac.

Noah and I would also like to send out a Heartfelt Thank You to Suzie & David Butler and All of you Letterheads for the Renata Toast. We truly felt her beautiful presence there, and the tears we cried we're tears of healing with our Letterheads family. She lives in all of us.

Bill and Jane are our Matriarch and Patriarch.
You Took Outstanding Care of all of your communities.

We Thank You From the Bottom of Our Hearts.

--------------------
Ray Guzman
BrainWaze Studio/Hoboken Sign
450 7th Street,Hoboken, NJ 07030

rayboot8@optimum.net

Posts: 30 | From: Hoboken, NJ | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read your post and sorry to say I thought I did an answer. Since I didn't I'll add it now...

Bill, first of all thanks for picking me up at the train station and I loved the gunslinger story. Wasn't trying to be the first or last one there. just from past experiences I learned, sometimes things will happen that we don't foresee, and they did, but that's the way it goes and when we're prepared for it, you don't let it get you down, just run with the flow.
Bill, gave me the grand tour of Pontiac and what was to happen very soon. Couple of days later the troops started to roll in, Tom and Kathy Durham, Dan Sawatzky, Sonny Franks, Judy Grossman, Cam Bortz, Carole Bersin, Victor Drapal, Bernie2 and Velma, maybe a couple more my mind fails me at times, damn Parttimers disease. Oh and Ratt (a local) who does resemble Pat King thanks for the car. The next day it was on! Paint was being slung all over downtown Pontiac, the Walldogs were in action!

Anyway to make a lonnnnngggg story short, I just want to say Thank you Bill, Jane, Joe, Ben Diaz, glad you guys loved the Tacos, the City of Pontiac(I love my Proclamation) the site managers all of you guys and gals who helped me create my project. And a special thanks to Kelly Hall, never heard you complain once and you hung in there even with all that blazing sun to the end, you're a true Walldog!! oh yeah and my host home people Donovan and Carol Gardner, you both are Awesome. It's been a week now and I still can see the Vermilion River and the smell of the painting that we all did in Pontiac. Bill be cool amigo I truly enjoyed visiting with you and the family before all the action started...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!