Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Terminator review - movie theater mayhem.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Terminator review - movie theater mayhem.
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Admit it.... you couldn't help yourself but to check out this thread - wondering what kind of movie-theater war story was going to be told. LOL.

Went to see Terminator last night with my daughter and son. My wife isn't into sci-fi/action flicks so she stayed home.

I had REALLY high expectations for this movie, being a Terminator fan/ Sarah Connor Chroncles fan (they just canceled that series).

I figure this Terminator would be the blockbuster of the summer (and it may be) as well as my favorite flick of the season.

I was let-down....kinda.

Christian Bale was almost a sub-character and not a very good John Connor in my opinion. I won't spill the beans, but I think another character in the movie really stole the scenes. Bale talked in his low, growl-whisper Batman voice the entire movie.

The CG effects were great... but a movie cannot totally stand on just good effects. The plot was good overall...but there were a lot of weak/slow spots I thought...

First half was lackluster... second half picked up steam and ended on a good note.

I thought a particular scene was very good toward the end... but I'll not spoil it for you.

I give it a 7 out of 10..... or a 3 out of 5 stars.

The Movie Mayhem? Not much really. Saw the movie in Michigan State University area... so it was packed with college kids.

Four burly students and a girl sat in front of us.

The girl (with musclebound boyfriend to her left) sat in front of me and to the left. She kept whipping her cell phone out and texting throughout the first half of the movie.

I finally had enough as it kept shining in my eye like a distracting flashlight - but I kept it mellow - so I just leaned forward and knocked on the back plastic of her chair to get her attention.

She turned around, and I simply said, "You know, that's really annoying...." and then I leaned back.

She turned her phone off...whispered in muscle-guys ear - who half-glanced my way... and all was well.

After the movie, we all got up and muscle-guy kind of gave me a disgruntled glance but said nothing as I smiled at him.

Nice to see that some kids at least had enough respect to not try and defend the indefensible and try to pick a fight with the old guy.

After all... no cell-phone signs are posted outside each theater and they make a point of projecting the message on-screen before the movie...so I guess there wasn't a whole lot they could say.

Other than that, no problemo. I'll be back.

[ May 22, 2009, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hummmmmm....there is a resemblance....
 -

[ May 23, 2009, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Justin Cook
Visitor
Member # 10797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justin Cook   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Cook       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen it yet, but you confirmed my fears about Christian Bale. I really wasn't excited to see him do this movie...I just don't care for him as an actor, with the exception of American Psycho. Sad to hear about the tv show as I liked it, although it did get a bit slow at times this year.

The cell phone thing is maddening...good for you for saying something. Apparently, most don't think "texting" is a problem. I always wonder what in the world everyone talks about so much?!?!

--------------------
Justin Cook
Dimension Sign Studio
PO Box 28288
Richmond, Virginia 23228

Posts: 25 | From: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Rolling On The Floor]

OP, you made a funny! [Applause]

I think it's Todds dad [I Don t Know]

[Cool]

[ May 23, 2009, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: Rick Beisiegel ]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3484 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Raap
Resident

Member # 3632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Raap   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Raap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OP I have to go with Rick on this one [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Dennis Raap
Raap Signs

Posts: 839 | From: Coopersville, MI | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gene Shallot, ahhh I love him as a movie reviewer. I can depend on him completely. If he hates a movie I'll definitely go see it. If he loves it, I'll pass. Yep, so dependable, so consistent, so out of touch with what is actual entertainment. Just my opinion... about as important as his.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
todd had a FATHER?????

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!