Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Pontiac Walldog cut off date! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pontiac Walldog cut off date!
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, sorry you won't be there - I was hoping we could go find a spider web to spray paint, but at least you're sending another pretty lady in your place. Deri, glad to have you on board and I'm looking forward to meeting you in person.

and don't mind Judy - she's nuts........

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4117 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kelly,

I was looking forward to seeing you again, sorry you can't make it down to this one. [Frown] Maybe next time?

And I will repeat what Sonny mentioned above and say Welcome aboard Deri, [Razz] It will be nice to see you again. Stop by my site across from that Dixie Dude and help sling some paint or share a laugh.

Starting to think about what all to bring along...it's coming up fast.

c-ya all soon!

dale

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Maybe you can send me all the folks that didn't register on time."

Ohhh... a Holdfast Walldog Event.. I'll be right over! Is there any room to camp?!? (lol)

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna, you and Sue B can join Kelly for all-girl Canuck mural fest - sounds like my kinda fun - I'll just head north after Pontiac.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4117 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, you folks are great. I am really sorry to miss this one. [Frown]
Deri will fill my spot nicely, you all look out for her, eh? [Wink] I would have loved to been on the loose with her, but maybe Pontiac is better off this way.

I've never seen huge webs like we did in Moncton Sonny, but yes, someday we will do that, and Dale, for sure our paths will cross again.

Donna, I've been watching some of these amazing West Jet sales and thinking I ought to fly a couple of pals out to help paint for a weekend, so be careful what you wish for. And girls, if we get Sonny up here with his dreamy drawl we may never let him go back. [Razz]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to meeting you in person too Sonny, and Dale I will be scanning the walls for that great Panama Hat of yours!

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, I'm sorry you won't be here!

I haven't heard of a walldog event for next year, yet, but if somebody is planning one (even a small one), they should be on it now. It takes a year or in our case, a year and a half, to plan these things.

Let's face it these events seem to be growing in popularity, and I will be looking forward to attending the next one. As I get older I will surely have trouble getting up and down scaffolds, and I will probably seek out something to paint close to grown level or work off a lift. As long as I'm able I'll attend at least 1 a year.

Walldogs are getting more and more respect as time goes on and I think each community is going to try to raise the bar in order to get the dogs to come to their town. It is a terrific way to bond with people from other areas of the world in which we live. Our effect on other's lives is enormous and in the end it helps us all and gives our allied trades new found respect.

Mike Meyer and I talked a few years back about all the towns along the famous U.S. Rt 66 that could have events. It's almost endless, but it is so much more rewarding and convenient to have it in a town where a walldog lives. You then have people who represent walldogs and can relate to their needs.

I truly hate to have to pull the plug on registration, but what you have to realize is unlike other letterhead events, there is more to consider in advance, such as housing and preparation of walls. Weather certainly enters in to it, traffic throughout the communities, food, supplies, entertainment, enough projects for everyone, lifts, scaffolds, ladders -- the list is huge.

I know it's hard to plan in advance, sometime, but it really is necessary for those wanting to atten these type of events to jump on board in a hurry and stay firm with it. There's always exceptions of course. If you ever host an event you'll know what I'm trying to say. In the case of Pontiac, we are looking at what to do if we have too many wanting to work on the walls. Right now we're considering a good place for panel jamming, although there should be plenty of opportunity to stroll the streets of this small midwestern U.S. town and enjoy the Heritage Day events, juried car show and stroll the downtown and river areas.

We were co-hosts of the '91 International Letterhead meet that had 400+ attendees, co-hosts of the Atlanta, IL walldog meet that had around 75 attendees and have had several mini-meets at our shop, but they all pale in comparison to this one. This is the big cahoona for us.

Can't wait!!!!!!

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, I'd love nothing more to hop on a plane and get some mural lessons, however this isn't my time to travel for health reasons. I'm already pouting about Pontiac, now I am pouting about the potential of Holden... and I'd positively DIE if Sonny showed up without me!!!

But if he does, he likes his pizza delivered at 4am. [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jane Diaz:
...Registration is already closed. We closed it on the past Saturday, the 16th and repeatedly told people that was a cut off date. You are welcome to come and enjoy the commraderie, don't get me wrong, but we cannot provide the t-shirt, housing etc.

...IF you still would like to come, you can, but you are on your own...

UPDATE!!

I called Jane to make sure I read this post right... and, well... it seems as though I did! woohoo!

My mom wanted me to visit her AND wanted me to be able to be a part of the walldog fun she knew I was so hopeful to experience... so she sorta bribed me into making it happen!!

..and besides, I ain't afraid to be on my own... (Kona coffee makes waking up anywhere better [Cool] )

see you all soon!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Doug. Bring some of that Kona with ya!!!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have an extra suitcase... [Smile]

--------------------
Doug Allan

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Doug, can you bring some more of those chocolate kona beans you brought me a few years ago? (like I need to take some lbs off...don't worry, as they will probably melt in the tropics)..coffee sounds oh so good coming right from the source.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

sure... but hey, isn't anyone going to ask me to bring my drumsticks?

--------------------
Doug Allan

W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bring the bongos dude.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug, I'm bringing sticks and some sort of travel drum to bang on. Lets jam.

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Can us rhythm-impaired folks join in the drum circle?

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember Steve Martin on the porch in "The Jerk"?

Hopefully that's not you.

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

WOW... awesome Mark! I was swapping emails with Dan & learned you would be working on David & Dan's mural, and mentioning that you were one of the many people I looked forward to meeting... and that was before I even knew you were another drummer. Cool!
I don't know about bongos, but I'm be standing in line to help out on the drum kit for sure.

--------------------
Doug Allan

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Mark, I'm worse than that. I can't even tap my foot to a metronome. But like Doug, you're one of the people I'm really looking forward to meeting in person, especially since I've been plagiarizing your work for years.

Just kidding, I wouldn't really do that............

maybe

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonny...you (and everyone else) are in for a real treat by having Mark there. He's one super talented guy and just a really nice young man to boot. His design abilities are out of this world, and he has a great head for business. He has a brand new shop....and it's paid for.

Don't go anywhere with him though. He gets lost as fast as me or Dan.

Now, I'm really depressed. The more folks I hear that are going to be there, the more down in the dumps I get. You guys take lots of photos.

[ June 06, 2009, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Raymond Chapman ]

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!