Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Pontiac Walldog cut off date! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pontiac Walldog cut off date!
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND DON'T FORGET that the deadline to register is this weekend! We're not kidding. We can't take anyone else after that. We HAVE to cut it off in order to prepare properly. If you want to just show up, that's fine, but we won't have you on the list for food, t-shirts, a place to stay, etc. Sorry. Our registration sits at 118 right now!
And if you don't have a motel room held by now, you may have a problem. You might have to check a nearby towns for motels. There is soooo much going on in town, it's full up!
Campers, contact Nancy at City Hall 815-844-3396 and she can set you up with a camping spot. (You will all love her. She wants to be at registration to meet you all!) There are several campgrounds in the area but we are going to try to get you all in the 4-H park. But it is filling up fast too!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where is the meet info? Dates?

...oh, Chief City!

I was looking for Pontiac! [Roll Eyes]

[ May 12, 2009, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Doug Allan ]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look on the future meet column Doug.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot Dang - KONA COFFEE.

Give the drummer some, y'all.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Byrd   Author's Homepage   Email John Byrd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grrrr! STUPID ECONOMY!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to catch the next one.

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874
http://johnbyrddesign.com
so happy I gotta sit on both my hands to keep from wavin' at everybody!

Posts: 741 | From: Ball Ground, Georgia, USA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Go to this meet! As far as we know, This may be the LAST meet ever! ...And next summer gas could cost $10 a gallon!

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jane..I know you folks will have a great time.

We might just show up to look around, No registration, no accomodations needed, we'll have a Big Mac before we arrive. We'll just be observers like we were local folks (with funny Canadian accents).

Starting to feel the need to do a short road trip.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL.... Mr.Pickett...and the sky might fall according to "Chicken Little"!!!! [Confused] [Confused]

We prefer to look at the "glass half full" rather than the "glass half empty"!!! [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...This meet will be great, and it will be great to meet you Dave!

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today's the cut-off for signing up - Bill told me 120 people (not counting locals)are already on the list - if you're considering coming, call today and commit. This will be the one people will be talking about for many years.

I'd like to give Mr. Pickett a public thanks for his help on my wall design - I had the basics, but his keen eye and suggestions were instrumental in fine-tuning it.

Now, if I can just talk him into helping me paint it.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

...I am so there for you dude.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Justin Cook
Visitor
Member # 10797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justin Cook   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Cook       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohooo!!! I just registered! I've been on the fence about this for several different reasons, but finally decided I couldn't afford to miss this great event!

Now, what should I bring. This is my first letterhead event, and I'm unsure of exactly how everything works, so any advice would be great!

I see another Richmonder is coming as well...cool. Mr. Pickett, I'd love to meet you sometime, but we'll meet for sure in Illinois! Crazy stuff.

--------------------
Justin Cook
Dimension Sign Studio
PO Box 28288
Richmond, Virginia 23228

Posts: 25 | From: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are still several people who have said they are coming and STILL haven't registered yet, hint hint!!
We need your shirt size, housing pick, etc.

Help us out here!! Why wait till tomorrow. Do it TODAY!! [Razz] No wait, TOMORROW'S TOO LATE!!! [Bash]

[ May 15, 2009, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Justin, 124 folks signed up and any locals will have a chance to sign up after they attend a seminar I will give the first week of June. The purpose of the seminar will be to give them the basics involved with painting including a discussion on brushes and types of paints and reducers.

Any first timers should be aware that this may become an addiction. When you work next to somebody whose home is a thousand miles from yours and and then on the other side of you there's a person from another country working, you realize that there's a passion that exists in all of us that is the common thread that ties us all together. It is so heartwarming and healing for your soul that words aren't enough to describe how good you'll feel. The variety of accents you'll witness is incredible.

Who can forget all the memorable times that have happened when we've gathered at the end of the day to bond. I still remember Miles Cullianne from Ireland who stayed to enjoy a 4th of July fireworks after the Jacksonville meet. The following summer when we were sitting in our Adirondock chairs on the shores of Lake Michigan at the Algoma, WI meet here came Miles with a bag of fireworks and even though it wasn't the 4th of July he thought it would be good to pretend it was. With a lake shore campfire ablaze in the background, we had our personal fireworks display compliments of Miles. What a hoot ...........! That's what I'm talkin' about. I will personally provide at least 1 Zilching session!

Bernie Lohmeyer (direct from tornado alley U.S.A.) will initiate under the oath of I.O.A.F.S. any new and first time walldoggers.

I say for a beginner, if you have some fitches or even an assortment of lettering brushes, you may want to throw them in the suitcase. Otherwise, everything else will be there. Project leaders are there with their designs, maps and expertise to guide you on their projects. They will have everything necessary to lay out their murals.

Bring your appetite, camera, maybe some music to share, a musical instrument if you're so inclined. Bring some sunscreen, sunglasses, lawn chair and cooler if your coming in a vehicle and your paintin' clothes. June evenings in Illinois can get cool, so maybe a hoodie and of course a huggie for your favorite beverage if you're so inclined. Bring smile lotion for all the grinnin' you'll be doing and a portfolio of your work if you'd like. Bring a fishin' pool if your so inclined -- there's a river that divides the town. Maybe a telescope to witness the huge starry skies in abundance on the flat landscape and maybe a hearing aid to listen to the corn grow.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This photo says it all!

-

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, you surely do know how to make a guy feel bad. I would really like to be there but just can't make it this time.

Just take lots of photos and videos and I'll laugh along with everyone after the fact.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Bill, you mentioned the different accents you'll hear at a Walldog meet - I just wanted everyone to know we don't really talk like that down south - that's just a little thing we do to have fun with the yankees.......

(right, Sheila and Judy?)

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As of 4:00 Friday we are up to 129! [Eek!]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya got enough walls for everyone?????

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Elliott
Resident

Member # 1262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Elliott   Email Chris Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just sent in my registration so make it 130!
(yeah, I know...FINALLY, sorry for the delay Jane) [Wink] I'll see y'all there!

--------------------
Chris Elliott
1longshot@classicnet.net
cell 62084two2232

Posts: 686 | From: Scottsdale, AZ & Anthony, KS, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Franks:
Today's the cut-off for signing up

Today??
quote:
Originally posted by Jane Diaz:
Why wait till tomorrow. Do it TODAY!! [Razz] No wait, TOMORROW'S TOO LATE!!! [Bash]

...now wait a darn minute... hold yer horses...

I'm gonna have to go by the first post in this thread & the Pontiac Walldogs' blog post...

quote:
AND DON'T FORGET that the deadline to register is this weekend! We're not kidding. We can't take anyone else after that.
quote:

The last day for artists to register for this event is this Saturday May 16th.

I ran it by the employees today, but I always wait 'till the last minute to run stuff by the wife... so, wish me luck tomorrow... I will go in with my best story & come back with her blessings on taking another "business" trip!! [Wink]

[ May 16, 2009, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: Doug Allan ]

--------------------
Doug Allan

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

(edited to note that by "tomorrow' I mean Saturday... it's still Friday night Hawaii time)

[ May 16, 2009, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: Doug Allan ]

--------------------
Doug Allan

Manfred Didier
Resident

Member # 5933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manfred Didier   Author's Homepage   Email Manfred Didier       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We booked the flights today. So it's fixed now.
Seeya soon:)

--------------------
Manfred Didier
Timber Signs OHG
Ofterschwang, Germany
+49 8321 675420
didier@timbersigns.com

Posts: 32 | From: Germany | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

MANFRED AND MARCUS !!!!!!!!

Now we have an INTERNATIONAL SHINDIG.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

well.. I am sad to say I'm gonna miss this meet. The 16th is now over on the East Coast, and I can't blame the wife on this... I had all my personal justifications lined up in my mind, how this was a good idea, even though my business is not profitable this year for the first time in my 12-1/2 year run as a business owner...

It all made sense when I talked myself into attending this meet... but when I tried to frame it in such a way as to sound confident & convincing, in anticipation of running it by my wife, regarding the logic of a departure & an expenditure at this time... well, the confidence just wasn't there... so I never even brought it up [Frown]

I wanted to attend very much, but I am afraid there are other things I need to be doing...

So, have a great time everyone. I look forward to all the pics & stories!

[ May 17, 2009, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Doug Allan ]

--------------------
Doug Allan

Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Final tally = 138. Thank you all! It's going to be fun on top of fun!

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

WOW~! IS THIS COOL, OR WHAT!! 138 people from all OVER the place. Look at the map! You have to back up the map a bit to see Marcus and Manfred, but they're all there!
http://pontiacwalldogs.wordpress.com/
Now it's OUR turn to produce a meet that is memorable for all of YOU!
[Eek!] We'll do our best, promise~!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manfred und Markus? Cool! Germany in the House! [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

...and I haven't seen Chris Elliot in a long time, that's cool too! Jane, can you post a list of the lucky 138?

I'm going to be motoring out - if my plans hold up I'm planning to leave here on Saturday June 20 and take I-70 as far as Wheeling, then take a detour down the Ohio River valley through Cincinatti. Maybe even get in a stop at the Sign Museum on the way.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Diaz
Resident

Member # 7319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Ben Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The list includes: Brent Logan, Dave Petri, Joe Golden, Victor & Wendy Drapel, Carol Kaufmann, Jeff Ogden, Jay and Jody Allen (son Evan), Sonny Franks, Dale Manor, Carole Bersin, Judy Grossman, Sarah Steed, Brad Bandow, Brian Barkhurst, Kelly Ryan, Gary Anderson, Nancy & Dan Bennett, Cam Bortz, David & Susie Butler, Michael Clark, Steve Connor, Tom & Kathy Durham, Rob Estes, Bernie (1) Gietl, DL Whitlock, Bernie (2) & Velma Lohmeyer, Adam May, Mike Meyer, Bernie (3) Poff, FranCisco Vargas, Don & Dora Hulsey, Mark & Jeanne Baty, Sunset Regall, Glenn Avery, Michael Mayosky, Dan E. Kearfott, Dan Sawatzky, Eric Elmgren, Scott Lindley/Cornbread, Mark Yearwood, Dave Parr, Brenda Salvator, Jack Lindenberger, Kelly Hall, Roger Manley, Kevin Betz, Steve & Gloria Estes, Kelly Thorson, Yvonne Hurt, Steve Luck, Don & Kathy Garber, Mike Stevens, Joy Kjer, Debbie Davis Karr, David M Harding, Bob Quinealty, Sam Staffan, Deb Fowler, Ray & Noah Guzman, Bill Riedel, Sandy Baird, James Mitchell, John Parker, Steve & Barb Shortreed, Kara Polyner, Alex Falk, Juli Fraher, joanE Lipinski, Robert McCoy, Jared LeBaube, Stacza Lipinski, Jim & Gail Lohmeyer, Dennis & Pat Raap, Julie Bertrand, Lisa Mayback, Catharine Kennedy, Vic Covarrubias, Allan C Eckola (Ace), Heather Lohmeyer, Manfred Didier, Marcus Goebels, Bill Cornell, Justin Cook, Leslie Shuster, Chris Shuster, William Pickett, Jill Butterfield, Chris Elliott, Brad Hominick, Mike Leary, Noella Cotnam & Mike da Ponte.
If your name is not on this list and you think you registered please contact us immediately.
Also, by clicking on a point on the map you can see the person from that town who registered.

[ May 19, 2009, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Ben Diaz ]

--------------------
Ben Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W Lincoln Ave
www.diazsignart.com < basic site
www.diazsignart.net < flash site
muralmuseum.com < International Walldog Mural & Sign Art Museum

Posts: 316 | From: Pontiac Il | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

There are several of you who are bringing a guest or spouse and we DO have them on the list. You just didn't give us their names when you registered. If you could please send (e-mail Ben or I) their names, that would help us out for registration....THANKS!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

We accidentally left off Kathy and Chuck Churchill from Burlington ONT.
We did get some more people sending in registrations in the last few days...Registration is already closed. We closed it on the past Saturday, the 16th and repeatedly told people that was a cut off date. You are welcome to come and enjoy the commraderie, don't get me wrong, but we cannot provide the t-shirt, housing etc. We had to turn in our numbers and get organized for all of that this week. I am truly sorry, but rules are rules and we had to make a reasonable cut off date....I hate to be the bad guy, but we warned people there would be a cut off.
IF you still would like to come, you can, but you are on your own for food, you can buy shirts, but housing will definately be a problem as everything in town is full. I feel bad...BUT I KNOW we said there was a cut off date SEVERAL times.... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Miles Cullinane
Resident

Member # 980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Cullinane   Email Miles Cullinane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow what a meet that is going to be, Have a blast you guys, take lots of pictures and upload plenty of videos to the web.

--------------------
Miles Cullinane,
Cork, Ireland.

From the sometimes sunny south of Ireland,

Posts: 913 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Wish you could have made it Miles! We will try to shoot off some fireworks in you honor!

[ May 21, 2009, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess one of the disadvantages of registering early is you can't read the future. I'm sorry to say I'm going to have to pull out of this one.
Besides the other issue we spoke of, which has not resolved itself, I broke two ribs last week and I have a 1000 sq ft mural that needs to be painted and installed by mid July.
Maybe you can send me all the folks that didn't register on time. [Rolling On The Floor]
Have a great one everyone - I hate to miss it! [Frown]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Thanks for letting us know and SORRY you can't come~! I think I could take a late registerer and plop her right into your spot! That seems fair.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Brent Logan
Resident

Member # 6587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brent Logan   Email Brent Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jane, do you have an idea of when most people will be leaving the meet? Sunday night or on Monday?

--------------------
Brent Logan
Reno, NV

Posts: 919 | From: Reno, NV | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

No, not really, Brett. I assumed Sunday, but I think it is pretty much up to individual circumstances. Those of you who are staying with local hosts, you should get a call this week or early next week with your hosts' name, phone # and address. You need to let them know what your plans are, please. You will also get a map to your host house either e-mail and/or in your packet when you register. Some of you are staying with the past and present mayors, our retired state senator, some are in old Victoria mansions, some in homes on the golf course, some have pools, some are in the country, in the "bunk house" on a lake, on and on! The thing I have been amazed at is we have more locals volunteer to house artists than we have artists!! We had to call several and tell them they wouldn't have a guest. We put individuals up, some only one to a home, so that everyone could "experience" you!!
We tried really hard to match people with people they would feel comfortable with if I knew them, but some I didn't know...I hope that works out...if not, I'm SOO sorry, but it was quite a task to know everyone on both sides.
E-mail me jane@diazsignart.com if you need a Pontiac map. When you get here, go to City Hall at 115 W. Howard, just 1 block north of the BIG beautiful courthouse in the middle of downtown. There will be signs (DUH!) through out town to direct you there. There you will register, get your map, shirt, "treats" and ask whatever you need to know. Then you are off to find out your lucky project leaders....
I will say, Pontiac is SOOO excited and we want everyone to feel welcome and pampered. I hope you all enjoy our fine city!!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!!! [Big Grin]

[ May 27, 2009, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhh Jane, just like Doug said: {"I wanted to attend very much, but I am afraid there are other things I need to be doing..."}

I too wanted so bad to be there...instead I will be watching closely for all the photos and stories generated during those days. Wishing you all the best of experiences....thanks to the organizers, looks like a wonderful meet is in store for those lucky enough to attend.

Kelly, get well soon.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Kell I am going to chime in here and add my Get Well Soon too. But as the person who took your place I am of mixed feelings about you going! LOL

I planned from the day I saw the meet that I would go. But at first couldn't get any of the girls that I usually wrangle to come with me. And then I didn't get on the board for a few months and darn near missed out! So I am trekkin' on my own this time, and thanks to Kelly have a place to bunk.

In all seriousness though Kell, look after yourself and get well soon.

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is WOW. Ok...I can easily say more...hhahaha. I haven't met many of you. Some, the names sound familiar from the BB and a last year and notable sign mags. I am sooooo looking forward to meeting some wonderful new friends and painting the days away and playing the nights. This is sounding like the most spectacular experience we will share. Truly the love of the experience that Bill and Jane have infused into Pontiac is oooozing out to the rest of us. Way to go Bill and Jane! See Jane run...See Bill paint. Wait...wasn't that Dick? And where is Spot, the dog?

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!