Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » first day of the open house... report from Yarrow.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: first day of the open house... report from Yarrow.
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off I'd like to say a BIG THANKS to Donna who helped us out today as we held our open house here at the shop as part of a local artist's studio tour. Once we had re-arranged all the furniture it was off to a great start! [Smile]

Being Friday - a work day we didn't know what to expect but there were quite a number of people who dropped in including an excited class of grade 6 students who seemed to enjoy themselves immensely.

The studio tour had been advertised extensively and was well organized. Even so, I would estimate 1/3 - 1/2 (excluding the students) of the people who dropped in to our place didn't know about the studio tour. They simply saw our new sign out by the road and decided to take advantage of the opportunity to visit. Some of these were Yarrow locals who had long been curious about what we did in our shop. Others were driving by, saw the sign and did a U-turn to come in. A few were tourists merely visiting the area. The little red truck 'sign' obviously works well.

At the end of the weekend we'll analize the results of the open house. Even though anyone can come up our driveway, anytime our gate is open, we may just put out the open house sign again a few times this summer when traffic is high.

Tomorrow will be the big day and we'll be ready in Yarrow...

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome!

(snicker...) I merely 'suggested'a few changes in the shop to welcome the masses in grand fashion. I am a professional stager and all now you know. And was pleased as punch that Dan was very receptive to the ideas and immediately complied with every suggestion! (he's very well trained, thanks Janis!)

It was a day of visiting with Yarrow and to tell them about the magic being created right in our own little home town. Most that came to visit had long wondered what kind of havoc wreaked under the roof of Dan's amazing shop. And not one walked out disappointed. One artistic gal even walked out with some samples to play around with.

When I realized I was taking over the show (that's when I led a crowd to talk ABOUT Dan and he went and sat down in another room LOL) I knew I had to back off just abit. Guess I was high on platz sugar. [Smile]

I sincerely hope that an appropriate return comes back Dan's way in some form. He got alot of local folks excited about what's really going on right on their own doorstep.

Let day 2 begin! I'm running low on platz sugar here..

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Miner
Visitor
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Miner   Email Donald Miner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never cease to be amazed at what you may find just around the next corner or over the next hill! Keep it up Dan and Donna.

--------------------
Donald Miner
ABCO Wholesale Neon
1168 Red Hill Creek
Dobson, NC

Posts: 842 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great way to connect with the community. It sounds like a lot of work, but then worthwhile endeavors usually are. We are planning a remodel of our offices and showroom. When we are done it's going to be Open House time here.
... I'd be curious to know how you explain all the "stitters" plastered about.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna - Dan could not have had a better spokesman (spokesperson) and I'm sure he was very appreciative. Sometimes, others can explain us a lot better than we can.

Sounds like another successful adventure, Dan. Keep up the great stuff.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to visit and may just do that this summer if I get some time.

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graham Prinn
Visitor
Member # 10642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graham Prinn   Email Graham Prinn       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just came from Dan's work shop, wow is it a cool place to visit.big iron door and all, while there a lady came in and said, finally we can see whats inside, just then the oompa loompa song came into my head and I started to look around for the oompa loopas but I'm guessing Dan hasn't visited Africa or where ever there from. Very nice people Dan and his wife are and Donna was there too and she seems like a nice enough person as well. They were there scheming up things for Jay, Promised not to say so my lips are sealed. I truly cant believe that some one can come up with all those ideas to create, he certainly is for another world lol. Cant wait to join the fun at the work shop in oct. Graham

--------------------
Graham Prinn
43201 lougheed hwy,
deroche, B.C. Canada

Posts: 39 | From: Deroche,B.C.,Canada | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bec Bermudez
Visitor
Member # 8219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bec Bermudez   Author's Homepage   Email Bec Bermudez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is a MUCH busier day. We had more people in the first hour than all of yesterday combined. I'm sure Dad is having a ball today with tons of visitors at their place too.

Our place is next to Dad's on the tour, so folks have either just come from there, or are going there next. What a great crowd it's been too! People who are actually potential clients and others who are just enthused to see artists at work. It's been a very positive day so far!

Phoebe is at a birthday party this afternoon, but this morning she was giving people a little tour as well and showing off her pet ant. [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

Down the street in Yarrow....
( www.stonetreestudios.com )

[ April 25, 2009, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Bec Bermudez ]

--------------------
Bec "Phoebe's Mom" Bermudez
Sawatzky's Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, BC

Posts: 103 | From: Yarrow, BC | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a LOT of people through the studio/shop today! Local Yarrow folks were glad to finally get an excuse to come up the long driveway and have a look inside. Many otehrs either made a special trip or were passing by and saw our open house sign.

Janis manned the studio while Donna and I tried our best to do demos and talk to everyone who came. It was an enjoyable, laid back day with lots of friendly people. We made some worthwhile contacts too amongst all the visitors.

It was great to meet Graham Prinn too! Thanks for taking the time to come out for a visit!

We'll be doing it again from time to time in the summer and fall.

As Graham stated my demo piece during the open house was for the Pontiac meet... lots of fun there! Jay better bet busy soon if he's to stand any chance at all...

Having fun in Yarrow...

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go get'em Dan!

Hi Donna!

Best of luck,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!