Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Fatal Error 624

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fatal Error 624
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fatal error 624

This is the message that comes up on the Edge FX when I go to out put, has any one seen this before?

Thanks

[ February 26, 2009, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Neil D. Butler ]

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the others who have seen it are dead now. Count your blessings.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feeling Funny Dave? lol

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Neil's "LOL" means..."Look out Louie"

Jack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anytime the word "fatal" turns up in a message, it can't be a good thing. [Smile]

Is it happening every time? Did you reboot everything?

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neil, I'm sorry that it's so hard to get a serious response on here. I'm going to try to just answer the question to the best of my ability.

"No. I've not seen that."

/that could be because I've never owned an Edge, though.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Moser
Visitor
Member # 6526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Moser   Email Jim Moser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scary to think that there are 623 more possible fatal errors !

--------------------
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain !
Jim Moser Design
13342 C Grass Valley Ave.
Grass Valley, Ca. 95945
530-273-7615 jwmoser@att.net

Posts: 488 | From: Grass Valley, Ca. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neil,

I checked Gerber's archives and couldn't find anything. Looks like you may need to contact Tech Support on this one.

Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fatal Error 624 means you were considering replacing the PC with a Mac, and the PC knew it!
(sorry I don't have anything better to say [Wink] )

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamie Nicholson
Resident

Member # 6690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamie Nicholson   Email Jamie Nicholson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Neil, I have had three different Edges in the last 7 years and never had an error, not much help here.
What type of computer are you running, and what operating system? and what gerber software?

I was running Gerber software with windows 95, windows 98, and windows 2000 before gerber had any support, it took some figuring, but I was a good 2 years ahead of them all the time. (I have a great computer tech).

I would think that the edge is having an issue with something else(possibly recently added) It usually runs flawless. Have you made recent network changes?

--------------------
Jamie Nicholson
Graphics 'n Signs by Trimline
Kenora, Ontario

Posts: 96 | From: Kenora, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

No I have not added anything, it may be a cable, I checked over on 4edgetalk and I had some advice that the head may not be getting enough heat, I have to check a few things in the morning... first time I"ve seen this error as well. I'll let you know what it was.. hopefully nothing serious.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get "fatal errors" exporting out of Signus sometimes switching from printer to plotter.

Simple reboot fixes, also found cable connection had worked loose on the plotter once.

If it's coming up every time you try to get things working... yer DEAD!

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gerber could tell you, but then they'd have to kill you.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Gerber gave me some Highly Technical Advice over on 4edgetalk.. get this... they want me to unplug the Power and Data cable, and this one is the kicker... they want me to actually go out of my way and litterally, litterally, have I got litterally spelled right? No? any way they want me to plug it back in as soo as I unlpug it.... sheeeesh! Hey it worked! Go Figure.

Tony told me that error saysthat the print head was'nt getting enough heat and that it's probably just the cable... so far he's right!

Thanks Man!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony rocks!

I just hope Steve and Barb can repair his account so he can continue posting here.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Well it looks like I spoke to soon.... Fatal error 624 woke up again. I replaced the cable to the back of the edge, same problem.. rebooted a number of times, unplugged the edge, unplugged cables and no go.

Any Takers?

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

The 625th time you do it, everything will work just fine.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooooo.... David.

I don't know. That sounds kind of risky to me. I've heard that Fatal Error 625 is a bad one.

-

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check the continuity of the wires in the plug... Sounds like one wire is lose in its connection..

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Curtis do you mean the receptical on the edge itself?

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!